Need help with heat management rotation please!

uanaka

So I just made a mercenary and ive been going through pvp and some FPs before heading out to DK. Something I realized is for longer drawn out fights I have to use vent heat a lot. So i was wondering if someone could help me out with with a rotation that can work well with not ending up with too much heat.

One before tracer missile, and another one after I get tracer missile. If you didn't get it, I'm currently arsenal specced. Also one for low level healing in pvp? I only have rapid scan but still the heat!

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Well do grab improved vents from the bodyguard tree and get both levels of it.

Do not use power shot ever. It is not worth the heat.

If you use choose to use fusion missile (for the dot) always hit Thermal Sensor Override first. Thermal sensors override lets the next attack be free, so use it for a big one. You could choose not to use fusion missile at all and if this is the case use thermal sensor override for one of your tracer missiles

Don't use the flamethrower and instead use Death from Above on groups of adds. Also avoid using sweeping blasters in this case.

Use unload as much as possible, especially if barrage is triggered. It really is worth the heat for the damage it does.

You really just have to throw in rapid shots every so often to slow down the heat. But it is inevitable as a full Arsenal build that you will over heat in a long boss fight. What you want to avoid is not being able to do anything besides rapid shots for a long period of time (more than 10 seconds is bad). You do this by throwing in rapid shots especially when moving to another position (to avoid a red circle or something)

Remember you want to keep the armor debuff on the target for the whole group so you want to hit the boss with a tracer missile at least once every 45 seconds, not to mention that many of your other abilities are triggered by tracer missile as well.

Maybe go tracer-tracer-(maybe throw in thermal sensor override-fusion missile)-tracer-heatseeker-unload-railshot- 6 or so rapid shots (start over)

Use your electronet also. It is very good and worth the heat.

This advise is merely my own and roughly how I do it on a big operations type boss. This is not for PvP and not necessarily what to do on every boss. It's just an idea or a suggestion.

There are times when you need to just let loose with the dps (such as you have a certain amout of time to kill something before something bad happens) so just let loose. You will heat up, but use your thermal sensors for fusion missile and don't forget to vent heat.

Edited by NathanielStarr

At low levels, heat management is difficult as your highest damage abilities create a lot of heat. It will get better as you go along. You'll need to be using rapid shots a lot in your rotation, this will help keep your heat down.