Pot5 Pub side pilots, sound off!

NotThatOne

Animal, here, I'm that bastard in the gunship. I'm fortunate to have a large and coordinated guild with dedicated voice comms. I'm also lucky enough to have a group of skilled GSF pilots to fly with, but I know there are many more skilled GSF pilots out there, so I'm basically reaching out to other guilds, squadrons, and individual players that want to coordinate and fly in the most effective manner possible.

In short, we need to collaborate to win. Contact me here, or IG (Animal-mutha) and we'll see if we can work out more effective battlefield communication.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's great to see another POT5 Republic guild with some dedication to GSF. Which guild are you in? My guild Black Squadron is pretty much GSF only. We currently have 8 members that play almost every day/night and I live stream our battles on twitch. We've broken up our 8 members into 2 Flights (ie squads). I'm the leader of Reaper Flight and Lytewraith is the leader of Ghost Flight. We use TeamSpeak for voice comms. I totally agree that we Pubs need to work together more. What are some of your suggestions?

Force Disciples is the guild, and we currently have 3 incomplete flights for our Force Tactical Wing.Those will fill out as more people decide what their "main" ship will be.

Right now we're focusing on teaching, and have a few great scout and strike pilots (I personally, cannot fly mouse and KB to save my life, so I've taken the GS role.) Shoot me a line in game We're also fairly active dirtside too, with weekly raids and such.

We use a ventrilio server for our guild comms, the main thing is coordination, and calling out of priority targets, remembering to fight for the objectives, not the kills.

A line stolen from a very old man, "If you find yourself in a fair fight, rest assured, you've made a serious tactical error."

In other words, avoid the hero complex, that seems to infect a lot of Pub pilots. 1v4 you're gonna die. no matter what, but it depends on what you're going 1v4 for? Are you defending a control point until help can arrive? Or are you blindly chasing down the guy that killed you. If you're defending, do it, be one hell of a speedbump, if you're just mad because you died, you're helping no one.

Above all, play to win, not for glory. I'd rather finish a game when no kills and 3 assists, and tons of objective points, and a WIN, than a 24 kill, 2 assist match that we got rolled.

On pub side I am in Black Squadren. Imp side no guild. Just doing dailies mostly. I miss my SWG guild Imperial Pilots. Prefer Imps but joined Jerrik due to fhe time spent on beta with him. Nice to see the responses.

Howdy Wux! Good to see an old SWG guildy back in space!

Kegger is my name and flyin's my game. Proud to be rollin' with Shadowfist, Toe,

Aya, and the rest of Death Squadron for the Imperials. These guys are seriously OP'd .

These are the early days of GSF, this is the time us pilots give suggestions to help pave the way for this game. Truely exciting. I can't wait to see what the future holds in store from Bioware

Edited by -KeggER-

Toe and the gang are seriously good. Shock too. I look for you guys whenever the board loads. Look forward to seeing you all in red, BUT LOVE seeing you in green.

Miss my TIE Interceptor alot though, you had that thing so tricked out.

Sirús Halcyon here. I'd love to coordinate. I can always be found flying my nearly fully upgraded FT-6 Pike, and typically I'm in the top two or three in kills and damage dealt in the matches I play flying my Pike. I've found my true calling is taking down Gunships and it has definitely become my favorite job in GSF. So if I can fly even a couple times with a coordinated group, I would consider it an honor!

Sirús Halcyon here. I'd love to coordinate. I can always be found flying my nearly fully upgraded FT-6 Pike, and typically I'm in the top two or three in kills and damage dealt in the matches I play flying my Pike. I've found my true calling is taking down Gunships and it has definitely become my favorite job in GSF. So if I can fly even a couple times with a coordinated group, I would consider it an honor!

Add Animal-mutha to friends and shoot me a pm next time we're on at the same time.

Fight me IRL.