Visual Guide to the Galactic Starfighter HUD and User Interface

silvershadows

looks good, about the only thing i have an issue with is the map, the suggestion to not use it... i'm sorry but that's just bad advice, the map is the most useful tool in Shooters, Flight Sims, and Mech games... with it you can see where you team is, how many are guarding which Sats, how many are off chasing a lone scout that just baited them, and see that lone enemy scout that thinks they're sneaking up on an unguarded Sat... ignoring the map is gimping yourself and puts the team one step closer to losing the match...

looks good, about the only thing i have an issue with is the map, the suggestion to not use it... i'm sorry but that's just bad advice, the map is the most useful tool in Shooters, Flight Sims, and Mech games... with it you can see where you team is, how many are guarding which Sats, how many are off chasing a lone scout that just baited them, and see that lone enemy scout that thinks they're sneaking up on an unguarded Sat... ignoring the map is gimping yourself and puts the team one step closer to losing the match...

They said not to use it to navigate and I agree. They never said it was useless.

Ehm... the suggestion was to not use the map to NAVIGATE, not to completely ignore it. It is still useful for the reasons you mentioned.

As others have said, the advice is to not try to use your *radar* to navigate, but to rather use your HUD. Because the radar can be very disorienting if your ship is inverted (since it will show you going left if you are going right, or right if you are going left), I recommend it not be used to navigate but only to tell enemy locations.

• 2 weeks later...