Should I resub if Im not gonna play day by day ?

sithlordcip

Hi,

I played SWTOR since beta and until April 2012, loved the game, however after I finished the story on my BH I stopped subbing. Now coming back after all this time, I feel that the game hasn't changed all that much, apart from the cartel market thing.

I love the game very much and I would be interested to play RotHC since subscribers get it free, also the Starfighter minigame is awesome but I don't know If I should resub because I can't play everyday, I play a day and the next day I don't , then I play again the next one and so on.

I want to level a sith warrior for the storyline and gameplay, do you think I need to be a subscriber to enjoy the story at its full level , would I have any inconvinience while leveling as a preffered status player?

Thanks

So play him to 50 as prefferred player and from there its a judgement decision if you want to pay for last 5 levels and the newer content. If you don't like free/preferred options to play than sub and play it out. I resubbed a month ago and am having a blast!

I want to level a sith warrior for the storyline and gameplay, do you think I need to be a subscriber to enjoy the story at its full level , would I have any inconvinience while leveling as a preffered status player?

Thanks

You don't have to sub. If you just want to do the storyline, preferred is fine.

Look up what you get as preferred and see for yourself if you can play with those limitations.

The main things that will slow you down when leveling as a prefered player are:

- You get no rested XP.

- You only get 75% of the XP that subs get (or is it 80%?)

There are some other annoyances like the credit cap, and longer cooldowns on your quick travel abilities, and you will have to skip certain mission rewards (mainly credit boxes, F2Ps & Prefs don't get them).

But yeah, as was said above, it's up to you to decide whether you can live with those restrictions or not.

Edited by Callaron

Subbing is for the conveniences and the non-story content.

If you like FPs and Warzones and GS, and lots of convenience, you should probably sub.

If you're only playing now and again and focusing mostly on story content, then just go Preferred and buy a few necessities.

You can unlock a lot of the things off the GTN. Best get those unlocks before going Preferred because people sell those things for more than preferred can hold. Which is weird since subs don't need them.

They base it on the amount of Cartel Coins those unlocks cost - a good guideline seems to be around 100 credits for 1 CC, at least on my server.

So those unlocks that cost more than 400 CC are usually going to be priced higher than a true F2P/Pref player can pay. :p

Bioware would have to make them cheaper if they expect people to sell them on the GTN for less.

Edited by Callaron

They base it on the amount of Cartel Coins those unlocks cost - a good guideline seems to be around 100 credits for 1 CC, at least on my server.

So those unlocks that cost more than 400 CC are usually going to be priced higher than a true F2P/Pref player can pay. :p

Bioware would have to make them cheaper if they expect people to sell them on the GTN for less.

The Section X ones cost more on the GTN than items that cost more CC. I've noticed that on many servers.

I guess it depends on your finances really, at the end of the day it's not a lot of money, but if you're hardly going to play, then well... Personally I always subscribe if I play, because I don't like the limits and I feel like I should pay if I play too, since I don't think I should get it for free. They did work on the game so they deserve something for it.