6 level 50 characters and only legacy 38

BlackRobin

Legacy XP is some percentage of the normal xp you gain, or would gain if not max level. Low level missions gives less xp, hence less legacy xp. So the best way to gain legacy xp is from high level stuff, end-game dailes, operations, flashpoints etc.

no idea but it felt like it took forever. i have been playing since launch - had the early access even. i've got 16 toons - 12 of them are 55 and i just hit legacy 50 like a month ago after playing the 2 years straight with no breaks. I've raided and done end game on a good 4 to 5 of the max-lvl characters and raid each week with my main - scoundrel healer.

it felt like it legit took forever - 2 years in fact to hit legacy 50.

since it doesn't do anything and i've never been an achieve whore or cared about lore and the like the legacy 50 never mattered to me though so no worries. all i wanted was all four of the class buffs when i began the alts so once I got those I couldn't care less about any of the rest of it :)

G/L with yours

leveling alts kept me at low legacy for a while. started doing ops and shot up to 50 in couple of months. so yeah, high level content. SO has been mainly pvping on lowbies and has legacy 2 :p

that said, legacy 50 aside from titles, allows you to unlock several very nice conveniences without having to spend cartel coins.

like 1 hour personal ship quick travel, etc.

Have they nerfed Legacy XP gains?

I reached Legacy level 50 on my second or third character back in March '12

They did actually. Or rather they made it take more XP to level. Before it scaled like only a tiny bit more xp was required from legacy level to legacy level. So level 39 took about as much as level 40 took about as much as level 49. Difference being only a few thousand xp. Now it scales pretty hard.

Have they nerfed Legacy XP gains?

I reached Legacy level 50 on my second or third character back in March '12

Well, when I first started playing, i did every single quest, explored every nook and cranny, killed every elite to see what it dropped. Nowadays I tend to just blow through most stuff as fast as possible, so I think that a lot of it probably depends on how the player goes about the game. I think the most xp attainable would involve doing a combination of leveling alts AND max level content.

6 50s geared to full Rakata, when Rakata was the **** used to be enough for Legacy 50. I couldn't really say what you have to go through now, it's been so long since I maxed that bar out. :( Wish they'd add Legacy to match Level with some nice new perks. Running a million lowbie alts was not the way to go, though. Grind your 55s through ops.

That is normal? Did they lower the legacy xp reward? I hit level 50 legacy before my second character hit level 50.

Then again it may have been because I ran a bunch of level 50 content on my first toon because I had to learn to actually heal in a group after I reached 50. Also a completionist, so I was doing every mission I could find on every planet including the planet bonus missions.

Been playing since last December (so pretty much exactly one year), and am Legacy Level 48 or 49 (can't remember atm). Currently have one 55 (been raiding with him for about 9 months now), a 52, a 35, and a couple lowbies. The endgame stuff seems to really boost your Legacy XP.