Hereditary Eyes (Or Legacy Genetics)

Fevee

Legacy species unlock. It currently makes that specific species available to all factions and classes on that server, as though that particular species was significant to your legacy. You can have a Sith Pureblood Warrior, then end up having a Sith Pureblood smuggler, for example. Unlocking that species for your legacy is a good way to signify that species, but what if someone wants more diversity in their family tree?

Everyone loves hybrids. What if your Sith Pureblood warrior married, or at least slept with, a Human (insert profession here). If they had a child, the family tree can either have a Human or a Pureblood listed as the child. Apparently, the child took all the traits of one parent; and there is no trace of the other.

In the same way some Twi'Lek skin color and markings need a legacy unlock to be accessible by the opposing faction, and in the same way Cybernetics (Or at least the way it used to be) need that unlock to make certain implants be available to other classes. Legacy species unlocks should make all the eye colors normally exclusive to that species available to all the other races.

Examples:

• Rattataki only have three eye colors: White, light gray, and dark grey. If there is a Rattataki unlock in that legacy, those three colors unlock for access for all the other characters in that legacy, be it Human, Twi'Lek, Sith, Evil Zabrak, and so on.
  • On the flip side, if there is a Twi'Lek unlock on that legacy, all other characters have access to their eye colors of deep purple, emerald green, and so on. Thus, we can have those eye colors on Rattataki, Sith, Chiss, Good Zabrak, Cathar, and so on.
  • On a Legacy with a Sith unlock, we can have dark red, brilliant red, or piercing yellow eyes on our Human, Mirialian, Rattataki, Twi'Lek, and so on.

I'm not going to list every single combination; you get the idea. The color options might be weird when considering Chiss and Cathar, for their eyes are unique in texture. Either their hue can be available back and fourth. (Human with blood red eyes, or Chiss with solid green eyes.) Or the actual eyes can be available if you're willing to have a human with Cathar eyes or Cathar with Chiss eyes and so on.

If Bioware is feeling even more bold, then skin and hair colors can be made available as legacy unlocks for character creation. After all, hybrids are hybrids; they're supposed to be a mix of both their parents' genetic structure. But, if that's too far-fetched, I think eyes are a reasonable suggestion.

This would make the family tree a little more relevant, in my opinion. If a character wants to play as a hybrid, they will how have the chance to have an inch of that hybridity (I don't care if that's a word or not) to show off.

Edited by Fevee
Fixing some terminology

• 4 months later...
It might be easier 2 Just ask 4 a Hybrid Race 2 be added 2 the game, that has every single toon creation option available;) unless some1 has already done that:o Edited by Mlnvifun

You're expecting all these species can interbreed. They cant.

So azure blue skin (Chiss), ridges (Sith), Cathar eyes and Zabrak horns would be Lore-breaking?

AWWWW:(:(:(:(

Edited by Mlnvifun

You're expecting all these species can interbreed. They cant.

Yet the family tree maker in Legacy allows us to declare anyone married to anyone. To declare anyone the child of anyone. To declare anyone the child of any pairing, does it not?

• 5 months later...
Yet the family tree maker in Legacy allows us to declare anyone married to anyone. To declare anyone the child of anyone. To declare anyone the child of any pairing, does it not?

I have a Guardian who's wearing all cybernetic gear with few pieces of skin showing that I play off as a prototype HRD who's force-sensitive. Cool? Sure. Lore-able? Not really, due to a huge number of things wrong with all that (droids can't use the Force, HRDs don't come about until the New Republic-ish era, someone somewhere along the way would have noticed, etc.)

If my great-great-great-grandpappy was an Imperial Agent, and my main guy's a Jedi Knight, then there's no way that the person I see in one side mission is the same person my great-great-great-grandpappy worked alongside in their storyline, even though it is the same person. What your legacy says, or what you say your guy is, doesn't mean it's valid in the universe's lore.

Cool idea, but not lore-friendly.

I have a Guardian who's wearing all cybernetic gear with few pieces of skin showing that I play off as a prototype HRD who's force-sensitive. Cool? Sure. Lore-able? Not really, due to a huge number of things wrong with all that (droids can't use the Force, HRDs don't come about until the New Republic-ish era, someone somewhere along the way would have noticed, etc.)

Since we're already breaking lore, anyways, why can't my human inherit blood-red eyes from a pureblood ancestor? Or my Zabrak inherit purple eyes from a Twi'lek ancestor? (Considering what Twi'leks seems to represent, in this galaxy, it's not hard to imagine a few people having Twi'lek blood in their veins.)

If my great-great-great-grandpappy was an Imperial Agent, and my main guy's a Jedi Knight, then there's no way that the person I see in one side mission is the same person my great-great-great-grandpappy worked alongside in their storyline, even though it is the same person. What your legacy says, or what you say your guy is, doesn't mean it's valid in the universe's lore.

Cool idea, but not lore-friendly.

I think you're thinking too deeply into this. I can already have a direct descendant going down for a few generations. My character's great grandpappy helped Asara escape from Kilran, his son also did so, and so did his son, and so did his son, according to my family tree. (Yeesh, Kilran really has it out for Asara.) The color of their eyes didn't affect this in any way, they all could have been blonde-haired blue-eyed individuals, is that such a crime?

But, if a character has alien heritage unlocked in the legacy. (Reached level 50.) The same way that alien becomes unlocked for all classes, I'd like to see their eye colors become unlocked for all other races.

I like the idea, however I think that it would be better if the species were kept separated similar to how they are now. I think a better implementation would be if there was a hybrid species. This hybrid species should be unlocked by getting a couple of species unlocked in your legacy. Each species you unlock grants different options in the character creation/appearance changing menus. While we are at it, could we get all hair options unlocked for all characters? And an appearance template saving/loading option?

It's just eye color. Like how extra Twi'Lek skin or Cyborg implants can be unlocked by unlocking by unlocking that species on that legacy, it's just extra eye color options for unlocking that species.

Unlock Twi'Lek on a legacy, and eye colors normally available to just Twi'Leks are available to all other races. Unlock Sith Pureblood on a legacy, and eye colors normally available to just Sith Purebloods are available to all other races, and so on and so forth.

• 3 months later...

Those new eye color unlocks are close to what I've asking for, here. Instead of unlocking it through legacy, we simply purchase the advanced options.

However, can we get more options available to more races? I personally would like violet, red, and orange (I have five characters who I intended to have those eye colors, but I had to settle for the next best thing. If those three colors are released, Bioware would have at least one person who would snatch them up right away.)