help with gear plz :) im noob.

tuxiz

hi guys im level 55 now but i have a problem i did the last 15 levels only pvp :D so i have 40 gear only the type of gear you get when doing quests. so whats the easiest way to get started on the gear front? sorry for being noob!:o

The fastest way would be to run raids with a guild in an operation(s). Besides that first I would recommend getting someone to craft you blue/purple 66 armoring, mods, and enhancements. Doing this would get you to be at least useful in flashpoints in case you want to get gear from those. Doing weeklies from the dailies and dailies from Section x, Makeb, GSI, Oricon & CZ-198 would help get you geared out in 69s or 72s.

• 1 month later...
You'll get almost a full set of purple 66 gear from doing the initial Oricon quest. The purple belt and bracers are crafted, you can pick them up from the GTN or just buy some 66 mods and armorings and put them in modifiable gear. Blue 66 barrels are very cheap on the GTN if you don't have the credits for a purple one. The level 53 blue earpieces and implants have reasonable stats and drop all over the place so should be quite cheap on the GTN, the crafted purple Artifact ones will cost more. Once you have this gear, you'll definitely be ready to head into some story mode ops, I would suggest 16 man if you aren't familiar with them. There are always pugs forming up on fleet. If you're doing ops it won't take long at all to get some better gear, especially since most people don't need on that stuff now. Level 55 flashpoints are also a good way to get 69 gear but I think ops is a little quicker due to the number of gear drops, the chance for some decent relics and the Arkanian tokens not being class specific.

You'll get almost a full set of purple 66 gear from doing the initial Oricon quest.

This. Almost makes crafting the 66 armors/mods worthless...(unless you have a mate with Cybertech do it for free!)

I assume you have some PVP gear that will get u thru Oricon, if not, go to Makeb and do the first few quests there to get some dodgy blue bits of gear that will get you thru Oricon.

Once you have done Oricon, hop into HM55 flashpoints for the elite comms, and as mentioned above, get some raids going... you want as many ulimate comms from the weekly quests as you can.