Add me to the "game is too hard" bandwagon

Arodin

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please explain to me what flashpoints have to do with class storyline quests.

I suggest you read the OP before making comment that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Hey bro, i did read the post started with the title that said: Add me to the "game is too hard" bandwagon. Or did you miss that part when you read his whole post???

And on top of that flash points are generally harder than the class quests, i didnt even bat an eye at my class quest, now that i think about it my face is still sore from facerollin through it so hard. I am in a guild of rougnly 50 players and not once have i ever heard anyone say anything about their class quest being hard, im glad i don't play with baddies like you guys LOL.

Edited by DubyooC

this game is hard? my 8 year old brother plays this game and face rolls.

Try grinding on Aion?

Or better yet, Rising Force Online?

try to broaden your horizons before you say something is hard, granted, this isn't your console game, but as with most RPG's, if something is posing a PROBLEM, LEVEL SOME MOAR!

+1

I guess I am just old school. Games from yesteryear never took it easy on you, including earlier Bioware games (the Lich from Baldurs Gate 2 for example).

Kangraxx was evil, fun to pickpocket him before the fight to get two rings though ... o0

As for the topic, some classes have it easier at certain points of their level curve i believe.

Then there is personal skill and the fact that practically everybody that pvps will outlevel pve content and have an easier time.

Personally i like the story missions to be challenging to get that heroic feel.

Also good advice on the stims, agent also has a skill to interrupt and block skills for 4 seconds on a low cd.

I'm the correct level for it based on the quest (32), and I've tried it about six or seven times until I just alt-f4 rage-quitted out of it.

I think the numbers are a little misleading. When you see a level 32 quest and you're a level 32, then you intuitively think you are the correct level. But facing a same level elite or champion can be pretty difficult. So unfortunately I don't think the levels line-up that directly.

I think the numbers are a little misleading. When you see a level 32 quest and you're a level 32, then you intuitively think you are the correct level. But facing a same level elite or champion can be pretty difficult. So unfortunately I don't think the levels line-up that directly.

No, they do. I've even taken out elites 2-3 levels higher then mine.

The thing is some missions are over tuned. An example of this is the sith inquisitor "into the pit"- a level 20 mission late into balmora.

During the quest, you only have to kill one level 20 elite mob, a colicoid broodmaster.

When his health hits 2/3rd, and again at 1/3rd remaining. He burrows underground, summons some small, low level, low HP, and weak hitting mobs.

I believe strongly this was intended to be a waved fight - colicoid, adds, colicoid, repeat.

However, the sith inquisitor has no abilities to take out a large number of mobs, even weak ones, that quickly at all. They're very strongly a single target class. So not only are the mobs hard to kill, but the boss comes back way too quickly to give you time to kill them.

Now you have an elite, hard hitting boss, 4 or so light hitting mobs, all piled ontop of either you, or khem.

A tank has enough health to withstand this. a healer can out heal this. a DPS is left in the cold. It wasn't designed with DPS specs in mind.

THIS IS A PROBLEM AS MOST PEOPLE LEVEL AS DPS.

Due to the way the fight is deisnged, i, as a dps, had to go to nar shadaa and level to 24 before i could actually finish. and even then the fight was hard - hard enough to be a challange, but do able. I had to level 4 MORE THEN THE SUGGESTED LEVEL to make it a reasonable challange.