What's the RP-PVP looking like?

Deadmeatt

Is there a defacto RP-PVP server where the more "serious" RP's are going? I'd like to engage in PVP but want to stay in character, especially during quests and flashpoints.

Any info would be great, hate to roll on a RP server where it doesn't feel very role playish.

I've considered a RP-PVP server, hoping to get away from the younger WoW ethug anti-community. Currently there is only one RP-PVP server for both West and East. I wish they released some information on faction numbers so we could intelligently pick a faction without worrying about being on the face-roll side. (I want to be the underdog)

Is there a defacto RP-PVP server where the more "serious" RP's are going? I'd like to engage in PVP but want to stay in character, especially during quests and flashpoints.

Any info would be great, hate to roll on a RP server where it doesn't feel very role playish.

There are a few designated RP-PVP servers in the list: http://www.swtor.com/server-status

yah I saw that, just wondering if the RP community was rallying behind one. If not I may just got for a PVE - RP... I really like PVP but being around some typical little kids on PVP servers, well hoping to avoid that and not break my immerssion.

• 1 year later...
You won't find random faction fighting while leveling, but the RP-PvE servers are probably the way to go based on population. I only ever see Jung Ma people complaining about low pop. Ebon Hawk seems to have a very vocal community as far as PvP goes, so that may be a good choice if you're looking for RP.

I've considered a RP-PVP server, hoping to get away from the younger WoW ethug anti-community. Currently there is only one RP-PVP server for both West and East. I wish they released some information on faction numbers so we could intelligently pick a faction without worrying about being on the face-roll side. (I want to be the underdog)

it doesn't matter. I play on JC, and the pub side is considerably stronger than imp side, but when you pug as a pub, you're as likely to face another pub team. so the fact that there are fewer good imps than pubs is negligible in WZs. as far as OWPVP...lol. good luck specifically choosing to be outnumbered. :D

On the Progenitor we have a very small "hardcore" PVP community. This is so small, that some people I know have given up on making PVP guilds because its simply pointless. This little 'hardcore pvp" community annoys the RP community alot in their warzones if they play with a pre-made.

But hey, they are "Stuck with us".

Grtz to all,

Shin'ju, proud guildmaster of Stuck with us.

Follow me on Twitter @Johan_Shinju if you want to send a message to Bioware to improve PVP.

Edited by Jorojus

Since the outfits are now fully modable, you can look how ever you like while still having max PVP stats (I'm on the progenitor and all my characters look awesome).

So with that in mind. How do you do rp PVP? How is it different to normal PVP? The community on our sever seems quite mature if that's what your after.

But if by rp PVP you mean be allowed to play badly and not try to PVP to the best of your ability, then you will likely be abused on any server if you try that.

I'm currently seeking a wise padawan learner on PoT5 (Sith of course)...

I've trained up to 20 Sith since launch, lemme know if you wish to take my trials.

I'm on Jung Ma, we are a RP-PVP guild (Republic side).

We go on patrols, find various Sith questing, usually attempt to interrogate them. sunday night we had maybe 4 encounters, one on Belsavis who basically told us to (go %$^# ourselves, so we had him terminated). A group on Hoth that was pretty good sports except for 1 guy who attacked, and then we had to terminate him. Several more during our patrols on Corellia and Voss both citations and no terminations though. ;) If we are higher level than the people we meet we'll usually issue them citations or write them up as vagrants and tell them to move along, if they are jerks or don't attempt to RP, they usually get terminated...

We listen for incoming calls for help, and if we find people in need (getting harrassed or killed while questing by gank squads) we'll attempt to intervene if we are strong enough to stop them. We tend to face a larger Imperial population on the server so it's a bit of an uphill battle.

I've not been on any RP-PVE servers, so I guess you only have open world pvp if flagged? Kinda takes the spontaneity out of it, and you can quest without worrying that a stealthed player will backstab you when you are tackling an elite?

I joined Jung ma hoping it would be a good mesh of both but it's rare. The community does try to get things together and there are small pockets of it going on in cantina's and sometimes smugglers den but It would be nice if they could merge us with another rp pvp server if there is one. I Spend my time when I do play trying to defend lowbies when I can but it's been awhile. I am a shadow so they don't know I am there most the time so I do enjoy doing that . I came up with and Idea for a different style of pvp in general disc so check it out under Scenario (pvp). I do love the game but I need more on a side note I hope the super secret space project gives us more freedom pvp wise customization wise and social wise that will go so far I hope BW gives us some info on this soon other companies are ratcheting things up and I do feel with the right direction this game can come out on top I really do.

Guiz, you're quoting posts from 2011... :eek:

At any rate it seemed to me the initial question wasn't so much for WZ's but OWPVP. Is there any RP to OWPVP on Jung Ma, say, rather than 'if it's red it's dead' as it is on the other pvp servers?

I recently rolled on Jung Ma just to check it out and it's no different there than it is on POT5 or ToFN. So i'd say no, not much different at all.

Also for what it's worth, In my non-scientific study of WZ's, the bad players on Jung Ma are far worse than anything I've seen on POT5 (BFA is close) or ToFN but overall there seemed to be fewer bad players in the pvp pool... if that makes sense.

Guiz, you're quoting posts from 2011... :eek:

At any rate it seemed to me the initial question wasn't so much for WZ's but OWPVP. Is there any RP to OWPVP on Jung Ma, say, rather than 'if it's red it's dead' as it is on the other pvp servers?

I recently rolled on Jung Ma just to check it out and it's no different there than it is on POT5 or ToFN. So i'd say no, not much different at all.

Also for what it's worth, In my non-scientific study of WZ's, the bad players on Jung Ma are far worse than anything I've seen on POT5 (BFA is close) or ToFN but overall there seemed to be fewer bad players in the pvp pool... if that makes sense.

We make our own RP, sometimes we deal with non-rpers (why they roll on an RP server?) and they get the regular red=dead rule. Some groups are out there just to kill and gank low levels and get their jollies? So we have to come in and police the area. Warzone / Canned pvp tends to be so stale... open world is much more fun imho...

We make our own RP, sometimes we deal with non-rpers (why they roll on an RP server?) and they get the regular red=dead rule. Some groups are out there just to kill and gank low levels and get their jollies? So we have to come in and police the area. Warzone / Canned pvp tends to be so stale... open world is much more fun imho...

I agree

RP-PvP doesn't really mean that we all rp and PvP

Jung Ma has separate RP, PvP, and even pve/raiding focused communities that are only somewhat connected. Jung Ma has its valor 100 social zero people and its valor zero + war stalker title people

To me what sets rp-PvP apart is that the community seems a little quieter and more mature, Jung ma certainly has way fewer trolls per population compared to any of the other server types.

On Jung ma n particular the low population has burned away a lot of the casuals, and has slowed down the ranked experience. However this means that a lot of the high end PvP community moves into the solo q, I find that the compentancy level of pugs on JM is way higher, and bringing a full premade doesn't garentee a win.

As for open-world there are several rp guilds that set up owpvp events from time to time.

And there are those fun encounters like the one where I came across two reds attacking a green just outside my base, I promptly jumped in to save my fellow pub only to be yelled at by both the green and red guy for interrupting their rp...