Don't let premades play pug arenas

Royox

Then make friends and make your own group/premade.

Cause solo is like Vegas, you are rolling the dice.

Some you will win, but mostly you will go bust.

If you don't understand this metaphor then you have no biz pvping in this game.

Good day and god speed.

What I mean is

Premade -------> Ranked

Pugs-------------> Not ranked

When I play with my teammates we do ranked...but sometimes I play alone just grinding WZ comms for my alts and I have to play arenas vs premades...***?

What I mean is

Premade -------> Ranked

Pugs-------------> Not ranked

When I play with my teammates we do ranked...but sometimes I play alone just grinding WZ comms for my alts and I have to play arenas vs premades...***?

Then don't play solo and make a premade.

For instance (General: Commando DPS looking for 2 dps and a healer for ranked, pst)

If you are too lazy to make a group and is complaining about premades roflstomping you then switch up your method of pvp and make a party to counter the premades.

Either that or dont listen to reason and complain on the forums about premades beating you in solo roll of the dice pvp.

Your choice.

Edited by Makavelithug

No.

Individual skill is the largest contributing factor for regular warzones. Not extreme coordination.

Please stop saying this. It's not only immensely ignorant it is quite possibly the single most insulting thing you can say to PUGs. Because everyone know what you mean is, "Maybe if you weren't so garbage you'd actually win a match, you no-talent hacks." Besides, if you honestly believe that skill usually overrides coming into a match with a game plan and/or voice chat and/or controlling the class/role composition of your team ahead of time then YOU ARE JUST WRONG.

However, to the original post, there's not much you can do to stop it. There's nothing to stop people who happen to know each other and are organized from queuing individually and ending up by chance on the same team. At least not in the current form of the game. A lot of people are calling for cross-server queues but that is either going to happen eventually or never (and all signs point to never). In the short term, they could reduce the restrictions of F2P players; this should introduce a flood of new players into the PvP pool and reduce the chances of these players ending up on the same team. They also might be able to make arenas cross-faction -- Pubs and Imps on the same teams -- which would further reduce the effectiveness of organized solo-queuing.

I'm also a strong proponent of adding warzones to the ranked queues. This will, at the very least, dilute the effectiveness of this tactic. [We really need to come up with a short hand term for organized players who solo-queue. Slummers, maybe?]

Being social = less worry and better chance to win.

Solo or being a emo loner = geting beat by people THAT are social with a /emote lol in your face.

I solo q and understand these terms, I also don't cry about it.

Lesson has been learned here.

Edited by Makavelithug

You cannot complete the daily/weekly doing Ranked.

Guilds like to help members gear up by grouping for regs.

Sometimes you dont have a proper group available for doing Ranked.

^ All reasons why premades do regs. This is an MMO, if you cannot handle groups being in PvP then I suggest trying a different genre of game.

Please stop saying this. It's not only immensely ignorant it is quite possibly the single most insulting thing you can say to PUGs. Because everyone know what you mean is, "Maybe if you weren't so garbage you'd actually win a match, you no-talent hacks." Besides, if you honestly believe that skill usually overrides coming into a match with a game plan and/or voice chat and/or controlling the class/role composition of your team ahead of time then YOU ARE JUST WRONG.

However, to the original post, there's not much you can do to stop it. There's nothing to stop people who happen to know each other and are organized from queuing individually and ending up by chance on the same team. At least not in the current form of the game. A lot of people are calling for cross-server queues but that is either going to happen eventually or never (and all signs point to never). In the short term, they could reduce the restrictions of F2P players; this should introduce a flood of new players into the PvP pool and reduce the chances of these players ending up on the same team. They also might be able to make arenas cross-faction -- Pubs and Imps on the same teams -- which would further reduce the effectiveness of organized solo-queuing.

I'm also a strong proponent of adding warzones to the ranked queues. This will, at the very least, dilute the effectiveness of this tactic. [We really need to come up with a short hand term for organized players who solo-queue. Slummers, maybe?]

...he's right.

Every premade and pvp guild I'm in.... ever...

We don't make some difficult to execute plan, nor do we have different coordinated procedures pre planned to execute - we're just like "Yeah I'm in the endzone," and the rest is sorted impromptu because one can know a lot about the game just by having situation awareness, and one can do a lot in this game if they have personal skill.

Yeah; I lost a few to premades today. Premades were not the problem, though. It was bad teams. Can't expect much when highest damage total for a round is ~26K. Had games where I got spanked, yet had games with complete PUGs where we won in a way far worse than I had seen premades put a beat down lately. Won a ACW 550-0 full PUG Just takes everyone playing well.

All a premade does is let you maybe ensure you are with people who are halfway decent. What baffles me is the drastic difference in skill levels. Even more frustrating is when you fall into playing poorly yourself. It's like a disease where you start trying to carry and you just wind up doing worse.

Edited by Technohic

...he's right.

Every premade and pvp guild I'm in.... ever...

We don't make some difficult to execute plan, nor do we have different coordinated procedures pre planned to execute - we're just like "Yeah I'm in the endzone," and the rest is sorted impromptu because one can know a lot about the game just by having situation awareness, and one can do a lot in this game if they have personal skill.

Just because you don't have a plan doesn't mean you're not coordinated. You're still controlling what classes and roles are on your team coming into a match which is already a sizeable advantage. Assuming you have voice chat, it's an absolutely immense advantage allowing you to call out enemy movements in detail without having to enter into chat mode, meaning you really don't need to have a strategy or plan to completely turn a PUG group on their ear. And even if you aren't stacking class roles in your favor and don't have voice chat, simply knowing how your teammates play, what they can do, not to mention that your more likely to aid and trust guildmates and friends is going to put you at an advantage over a group of strangers.

I'm sorry, but pre-mades will always have an advantage over a team of equal skill and usually an advantage over a team of greater skill.

Being social = less worry and better chance to win.

Solo or being a emo loner = geting beat by people THAT are social with a /emote lol in your face.

I solo q and understand these terms, I also don't cry about it.

Lesson has been learned here.

Yes he should qq about knockbacks and stuns instead. Then you'd support him being social and all.

Yes he should qq about knockbacks and stuns instead. Then you'd support him being social and all.

What?

I'm sorry, but pre-mades will always have an advantage over a team of equal skill and usually an advantage over a team of greater skill.

Its called nature of the beast, you win and lose for reasons.

Blaming skill or people being social is a excuse to be lazy and a excuse to be a bad player.

Edited by Makavelithug

Solo ranked is for pugs only. I agree with OP that solo ranked should be reserved only for pugs. If you are in a group, why don't you queue for group ranked instead? Premades have unfair advantages of voice communication as well as better unit cohesion compared to pugs. If this weren't ranked, i wouldn't mind premades doing that. But since it is ranked and our performance is evaluated , i believe that premades against pugs is unfair. I doubt that Bioware would be able to seperate guildies from queuing together though.

with such small numbers in wz and arena there should be a completely separate queue for groups or solo and that's the end of that.

if people join a queue at exactly the same moment there is more chance they will be playing on the same team or in the same match, you cannot stop that and nor should you try.

it is then what it is and just get on with it.

once the pre-organised teams are fully out of solo queue we don't need to care about that, who cares about balance anyway just get on have fun and remember its only a game.

Just because you don't have a plan doesn't mean you're not coordinated. You're still controlling what classes and roles are on your team coming into a match which is already a sizeable advantage. Assuming you have voice chat, it's an absolutely immense advantage allowing you to call out enemy movements in detail without having to enter into chat mode, meaning you really don't need to have a strategy or plan to completely turn a PUG group on their ear. And even if you aren't stacking class roles in your favor and don't have voice chat, simply knowing how your teammates play, what they can do, not to mention that your more likely to aid and trust guildmates and friends is going to put you at an advantage over a group of strangers.

That's the thing. We have the option to call out enemy movements, cooldowns, etc. but we still don't. It's like saying a professional football team has the option to destroy a highschool team, but if they don't try, their advantage is gone (well, they still weigh more).

The only thing we use it for is communication, and you can communicate with ops chat. Even if we didn't have voice, we still would actually look at ops chat. If pugs don't do that, that's their problem.

Voice chat can be used for extreme coordination. I know my guild doesn't do that in pugs (in rateds is a diff story), so I doubt that every good premade out there does.

Edited by Zunayson

Being in a group is an advantage but it's not a given you'll win. I've been up against many premade groups and won. I've also been in premade groups and lost. It has been said already but if I want to group with my buddies for pvp daily's and we happen to stomp a few pugs so be it, not to mention some pug groups are so bad. There is a reason I'm in a pvp guild, because I like to know I'm playing with people that know how to focus targets and interrupt/stun properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.