Add Selonians please!

Sudaarael

I think BioWare is trying to focus on humanoids as playable, for ease of animation, romance, and language. That would mean the likes of Togruta, Weequay, maybe Nautolans, maybe Nikto, maybe Chagrians, would be doable, but Rodians, Duros, Bith, Mon Calamari, Kel Dor, Selonians, etc., are no-gos.

The irony in you not supporting droids while having "The" droid as your forum pic.

Yes, I know, but droids can't use the force, and the coding to restrict a "Race" from certain classes would prevent the Devs from doing other stuff, so I can't support a droid race. Droid companions and epic NPC's, now that I could get behind.

According to wookieepedia, they don't speak basic..

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Selonian

I think Bioware says that a species has to speak basic..

Many of the Companions don't speak basic (Khem, Qyzen, T7, I don't have Treek but I doubt he does...) so as a mercenary companion like Treek - I think a Selonian could work if they can't be a playable race. A Tank/Heals just like the Ewok. I actually like their non-basic voice when compared to Qyzen constantly sounding like he's clearing his throat. :p

I do note that another thread mentioned that the Selonian body type couldn't wear the current armor in the game but as far as I've seen so far, Bowdaar and Treek do not wear "viewable" armor in the same way the other Companions do (please correct me if I'm wrong) and wouldn't need but a few similar "decorative" pieces.

Just suggesting another option. :D

Many of the Companions don't speak basic (Khem, Qyzen, T7, I don't have Treek but I doubt he does...) so as a mercenary companion like Treek - I think a Selonian could work if they can't be a playable race. A Tank/Heals just like the Ewok. I actually like their non-basic voice when compared to Qyzen constantly sounding like he's clearing his throat. :p

I do note that another thread mentioned that the Selonian body type couldn't wear the current armor in the game but as far as I've seen so far, Bowdaar and Treek do not wear "viewable" armor in the same way the other Companions do (please correct me if I'm wrong) and wouldn't need but a few similar "decorative" pieces.

Just suggesting another option. :D

The PC is not a companion. They must use the recorded voice acting in the game, thus they must speak basic. Bioware have said this about any future races; it's why the Cathar were introduced.

• 1 year later...
An idea for a non-basic speaking race... Let them use the same voices as everyone else... Except they can only hear basic from the other npcs speaking their native language and make up gibberish for all the other races to be speaking when talking to the non-basic speaker. So we'd see Satele Shan or Darth Marr speaking an alien language. :D

I think Bioware's response to people wanting a droid race was the Series Cybernetics gear sets. (Set 212 with the right headpiece makes you so much more machine than man, even Grievous would get jealous.) Now we have more of those floating around the GTN than people know what to do with. And guess what, still Force sensitive.

I think Bioware's response to people wanting a droid race was the Series Cybernetics gear sets. (Set 212 with the right headpiece makes you so much more machine than man, even Grievous would get jealous.) Now we have more of those floating around the GTN than people know what to do with. And guess what, still Force sensitive.

Cyborg is not the same as a Droid

Cyborg is not the same as a Droid

Have you seen the 212 armor? Except for the headpiece, there isn't a single cell of organic material remaining. Pair it with the Series 79, 505, 512, 808, or 917 headpiece, and you're presumably nothing more than a brain in a box. You can even presume that there's not even a brain; but a full-fledged droid.

But hey, it's just a theory...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.