Redo or respec

AussieAlan

So I have a tank right now, which I made a while back before I learned to play the game better, I tried to carry on where I left off but after a gunslinger and lightning sorcerer I just can't get back into it, even with Kira the fights drag on and on, and sooner or later (at least for me) I will get to the point where a healer is needed.

So I am wondering, as I am only 28 should I just drop her and redo as sent, or respec to dps guardian, I am leaning to redo as I do not think guardian would do as well for dps.

Tanking is a drag during leveling for me, maybe the same goes for you. (I've not had the issue of survivability, but it's slooooow once presence doesn't carry Kira anymore.) I'd respec DPS for leveling, especially if you don't do a lot of Flashpoints, and give tanking another go when team-play comes in. If Tanking is still something you'd like to experience.

That being said, I really don't enjoy DPS on my Guardian compared to my Sentinel, the DPS-numbers are similar, but my Sentinel comes with a lot more cooldowns (medium armor though) and Inspiration (and in some fights Transcendance) are too good to miss for me. But that's just me, I see enough people that do enjoy their Guardian-DPS. :)

Edited by Gloomycakes

All the high damage skills are obtained fairly late as a guardian tank, so the early to mid levels are really slooooow.

if you mainly play solo:

switch to Vigilance, it tears your enemies to shreds in seconds. It's not any slower than Sentinel.

if you want to level through FPs (it is very viable to do only FPs and class story):

Stay tank and enjoy the ride

When you are 55 and you and your companion have decent gear there will be almost no difference between tank specced + dps companion or dps specced + healer companion. Both setups can do the daily missions about equally fast. The difference is mainly in the early levels.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.