Please remove PVP planetary achievements from PVE servers

jassalelon

I don't mean the warzone achievements; but, for example, the "kill 1000 enemy players on Hoth" is an unreasonable achievement for a PVE server. There are just not that many flagged players running around to try to spar with (hence the choice of a PVE server). Again, please remove this for us poor OCD achiever types.

Thanks for the consideration

I don't mean the warzone achievements; but, for example, the "kill 1000 enemy players on Hoth" is an unreasonable achievement for a PVE server. There are just not that many flagged players running around to try to spar with (hence the choice of a PVE server). Again, please remove this for us poor OCD achiever types.

Not needed. If your "OCD" can't handle it, that's on you. And I don't PvP at all, so I'll never attain those achievements, either.

Well.. I don't think they should be removed.. But perhaps changed to more accommodate a PVE environment.. Like instead of 1000 maybe 100 or something..

People still do PVP on PVE servers.. But it is not nearly as frequently and we are not marked for PVP by default...

I can't agree with removing them.. Just make them more appropriate from a PVE server..

I agree with OP, they are basically impossible. Trying to find 1000 flagged people on Alderaan is honestly just impossible. It will never happen. You could spend your whole life trying to find ONE flagged person on Alderaan.

OP, only options are a) find a friend who cares about the achievement as much as you (are you on Harbinger?) or b) transfer a toon to a PVP server, then transfer them back. As I understand it, the legacies will merge, but I've never actually been able to verify this. I was considering transferring someone, get a Nar Shadaa achievement, transfer back and see if it actually works. If it does, then I'll do all the PVP achievements on a PVP server.

I swear, if there is an achievements guild out there, I need to find them. I find plenty of people on forums who care about achievements, but I can never find anyone in game who is willing to put the time in :(

Our guild has an Imp side and Pub side and we stage PvP events on various planets just for this (as well as bragging rights). We also like to raid enemy bases from time to time, especially if a WB is not up and we're all there already. You'd be amazed at how often people will flag themselves to defend their base.

Our guild has an Imp side and Pub side and we stage PvP events on various planets just for this (as well as bragging rights). We also like to raid enemy bases from time to time, especially if a WB is not up and we're all there already. You'd be amazed at how often people will flag themselves to defend their base.

This would seem like the only realistic way of doing it by by arranging two opposite guilds that are in contact together to have there own PVP mini battles by flagging each other at opposing outposts. It does seem daft having such PVP achivements when you on a PVE server not to do PVP, although it is just bragging rights afterall.;)

the transfer from server to server will take the highest legacy and make that the legacy. It would cost 3600 Cartel Coins (~40USD) to do this. I recently moved my main toon a level 50 to a PVE server as I was getting ganked every 50 feet (in contested zones) on the Jung Ma server and the Legacy transferred but the Title founder does not. It is an option but not really affordable for the casual player

Thank you for the replies and support. I had the afterthought that maybe the pve requirements on the pvp servers could be reduced to "make things fair" but I doubt anyone really cares that's going for 100% achievement anyway. I had also considered kill swapping with friendly guilds but that seems pretty low on the fun meter. I would really just like to see the open world pvp requirement removed from the pve servers.

I don't think you need to remove them or reduce them, it would have been nice however if PvP and PvE had their achievements under different headings. That way I could aim to get 100% completion in PvE content and not be overly upset my PvP stuff stagnates (especially the planetary kill totals).

Although I did find out that HK-51 PVP kill tally increase if you have him selected as an active companion when you enter Warzones, maybe they could implement something similar for planets.

Although I did find out that HK-51 PVP kill tally increase if you have him selected as an active companion when you enter Warzones, maybe they could implement something similar for planets.

SHHHHH!!!! That's a bug and I don't want them to fix it before I get around to finishing it!

I don't think you need to remove them or reduce them, it would have been nice however if PvP and PvE had their achievements under different headings. That way I could aim to get 100% completion in PvE content and not be overly upset my PvP stuff stagnates (especially the planetary kill totals).

This would be my second choice although I would still like to someday reach "all green" in the legacy achievement tab. If they would even link server achievements then this wouldn't be much of an issue. I could simply roll a toon on a pvp server and go to town.

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly what I was thinking.

Few days ago i made a thread here to use warzone kills for this "issue" with planetary pvp achievements on pve servers.

Cause i recently discovered that the kills you get in a warzone get added to your HK-51 achievement of killing 500 players when you got him as your active companion, before i thaught that was another achievement i would never be able to get untill the first step of that achievement (100 kills) suddenly popped up.

So that gave me the idea why not use that same setup for the planetary kills, which would mean if your for example on Alderaan and your popping into warzones from that planet the kills in that warzone get added to your pvp kills on that planet...

I guess this ofcourse sounds more simple then it is to implement but since this is allready possible with the HK-51 achievement it cant be impossible to do this.

And this would fully solve the problem with these planetary pvp achievements for those on pve servers, and i would say it would also make it a bit better for those on pvp servers cause then you no longer have to be a gigantic troll to get them.

This is a good compromise, I think.

The solution is so simple: Just move all PvP-achievements into the PvP-section. Done.

And yes, I am OCD about achievements, too. And I can live with that solution easily. Because I can ignore it. It is not part of my game. But maybe my OCD is just not strong enough.

The solution is so simple: Just move all PvP-achievements into the PvP-section. Done.

And yes, I am OCD about achievements, too. And I can live with that solution easily. Because I can ignore it. It is not part of my game. But maybe my OCD is just not strong enough.

That woundt really be a solution, it would just make it easier to ignore it as you mentioned and i guess would be pleasing to those that like to see 100% on the planetary stuff.

The problem that these achievements are impossible to get on pve server would remain, and even on a pvp server the only way to gain them would still be by being a massive troll.

I'd be plenty happy of PvP and PvE achievements were just separated, I don't see any need to remove them.

Ideally, I would like them removed, but I could live with the compromise of having all PVP achievements in the PVP section. If I could get 100% for all planets, I would feel very happy.

Right now every time I see Nar Shadaa 96% it makes me cross :(

I was actually thinking about transferring a toon to a PVP server, griefing my way through achievements and transferring back. If I merge two legacies, do I keep all the achievements from both, or does the higher one just supercede the other?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I just wanted to keep this thread going. I'm still frustrated that there is no viable way (without a workaround like character transfer or kill trading) to obtain 100% planetary achievement on our PVE server. Thank you :)

Agree.

You mean to stay in Nar Shaddaa and Q for WZs and the kills from that WZ to add to the pvp kills in Nar shaddaa?

/agree nice solution if that was what you ment

Well.. I don't think they should be removed.. But perhaps changed to more accommodate a PVE environment.. Like instead of 1000 maybe 100 or something..

People still do PVP on PVE servers.. But it is not nearly as frequently and we are not marked for PVP by default...

I can't agree with removing them.. Just make them more appropriate from a PVE server..

This. I honestly never even bothered trying to get all the cheevos for this game, that would be a full time job >_<

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.