voice editor character creation

nickgint

I think it would be a good idea to add to more voice options for all classes one voice for if you want to have a kid voice the other one for if you want to have a elderly voice for your character feel free to give your opinion on it? Edited by nickgint

I think it would be a good idea to add to more voice options for all classes one voice for if you want to have a kid voice the other one for if you want to have a elderly voice for your character feel free to give your opinion on it?

Why would I want an elderly voice if I can't get proper wrinkles?

Also, what does an elderly voice sound like? Would my Sith Inquisitor sound like Dame Judi Dench? Would my Agent sound like Sir Ian Mckellen?

Do you have any idea the time and money it would take to do this? at least 16 new voice actors, re-do the cutscenes so that voice matches lip movements and they probably have contracts with the current voice actors that would make it a pain in the *** to add more voices.

I think it would be a good idea to add to more voice options for all classes one voice for if you want to have a kid voice the other one for if you want to have a elderly voice for your character feel free to give your opinion on it?

Sorry but it just ain't gonna work. You can get away with that when there are a dozen canned lines of speech and that's it. When you have an entirely voiced over game with thousands of lines of speech with multiple classes, it's just not feasible. Hell the game is already 20+ Gigs, what you propose would bloat that out even more.

Bioware uses very good actors and there's a lot of dialogue. If that was to happen, there's be a lot less dialogue and the acting would probably go downhill. I get why you want that, but it's not feasible. Besides, the actors already do a darn good job of portraying both light and dark side, so you aren't entirely without character differentiation.

Well they don't necessarily have to redo all the content with different people's voices.

How about proposing something like a voice slider. So we can change the pitch of the voice if we want so it goes better with our character's look. Therefore it will cut down on costs and BioWare won't have to redo anything.

I was just as happy to have an unvoiced character in DA:O, but if you're going to hire skilled actors, I think you have to just let them do their jobs without altering their work. There's some awesome acting in this game and I have to admit, having a voiced character has grown on me, although I still dislike the dialogue wheel.

Well they don't necessarily have to redo all the content with different people's voices.

How about proposing something like a voice slider. So we can change the pitch of the voice if we want so it goes better with our character's look. Therefore it will cut down on costs and BioWare won't have to redo anything.

Yeah, if they were to do anything at all with this idea I'd expect something more in this direction. It would amount to selecting a mild modulation effect to be applied to all of the dialogue that's already there (and it would have to be applied before any modulation from wearing certain helmets and masks).

Do you have any idea the time and money it would take to do this? at least 16 new voice actors, re-do the cutscenes so that voice matches lip movements and they probably have contracts with the current voice actors that would make it a pain in the *** to add more voices.

not to nit pick really but it's not 16 Voice actors, it is 48 voice actors to just add one new voice per combo. 2 per class, 8 base classes, 3 languages ( English, French, German )

I don't know that I would want a voice editor for my character..

But it would be nice if they could alter voices to be used on quest givers and such or to expand on our stories.. They could even use in house people to do the voice acting and then just book the voices to our characters..

As for storage.. I am getting a new hard drive soon.. :D

not to nit pick really but it's not 16 Voice actors, it is 48 voice actors to just add one new voice per combo. 2 per class, 8 base classes, 3 languages ( English, French, German )

Only one per class. My trooper and Vangaurd share the same voice. So do my jedi gaurdian and shadow. Doesn't reduce the number of voices by much though.

If they ever add an option, it would be in the form of a slider to modulate the voices. But the return on $$ invested in that is more than likely not worth the time and effort.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.