A look back in time: Server shut downs at 10PM PST

ShiningKnights

Remember those days? Pretty much everybody in my guild thought this: "What the hell were you thinking Bioware?"

Even though I'm sure for some of us it's not where we want it to be yet, it's definitely come a long way.

So this post is just a big FU to APAC, yeah? Cos it's 10pm for us.

But hey, you go ahead and rub that in as smug as you like. Try and remember we don't all live in America, yeah?

Sorry, didn't realize there were APAC people here and I certainly didn't know you would take it this personally; my bad. But I'm sure even you can agree that 10pm is better than 5pm your time.

Provided that I usually play from 21h onwards, 10PM sucks for me. ;)

The world is all round, there is people awake everytime, so they just chose what's more convenient for the majority of players, which seems to be the Americas timeframe.

Edited by Mujambee

APAC players are usually inconvenienced when games don't have servers specifically for APAC players. If I remember correctly, TOR had APAC servers but shuttered them due to chronically low population after the game flopped.

That said, for a majority of the playerbase the downtimes have become more tolerable.

Remember those days? Pretty much everybody in my guild thought this: "What the hell were you thinking Bioware?"

Even though I'm sure for some of us it's not where we want it to be yet, it's definitely come a long way.

That happend once because of a european holiday and you are still complaining about it.

Yes I remember. One of the main reasons why I unsubbed and left for a year after putting up with several months of that non-sense. Given that I was gone, I wouldn't know the reasoning behind why BW finally decided to change the window but I suspect that it went something like: "oops, we went full retard on that one". Kidding.

Actually I suspect that they looked at the raw subscription/player numbers and decided on a time frame that would impact mainland U.S. and *especially* European players the least since it might be the largest market now (?). No offense to the Aussies/Kiwis or anything (love the people, love the scenary, love the vibe) but the numbers game is somewhat merciless in the business world.

So this post is just a big FU to APAC, yeah? Cos it's 10pm for us.

But hey, you go ahead and rub that in as smug as you like. Try and remember we don't all live in America, yeah?

You're playing a game that is based out of America. I don't expect businesses overseas to cater to Americans. Not sure why anyone would expect that. More importantly, scheduled server shutdowns should always occur at the lowest overall peak playing time....and let's face it, APAC didn't even have enough players to sustain its own servers.