Agile Mod 29X vs Agile Mod 29BX

RGimeldo

Hi all!

So now we have new PVP gear to buy... yes, buy every piece of gear again and max em out so we can pull even bigger crits out :D (gotta love +10k demo rounds). I was about to buy a piece of the armor and I got to the big dilemma again "29X against 29BX" so taking a look at my conqueror gear I saw everything with the 28X Mod (+power -aim -endurance), the thing is using the 28X Mod I have been seeing great results (some time ago I read on the forums the other mod was the 'right' one) and good feedback about my performance in warzones and open world pvp (yes we do open world pvp raids <:D!) from guildies and even from random people after warzones... so...

Which one works better for you? Have you tried both? Only 29X? Only 29BX? What are your records?

Data:

-Gunnery 7/36/3 (+datacrons +companion affection)

-Biggest Crit: 12,003 Demo Round on a Merc

-Biggest Damage: 1,388,164 (non stop grinding in the middle node alderaan)

-English Level: Bad :p

Hi all!

So now we have new PVP gear to buy... yes, buy every piece of gear again and max em out so we can pull even bigger crits out :D (gotta love +10k demo rounds). I was about to buy a piece of the armor and I got to the big dilemma again "29X against 29BX" so taking a look at my conqueror gear I saw everything with the 28X Mod (+power -aim -endurance), the thing is using the 28X Mod I have been seeing great results (some time ago I read on the forums the other mod was the 'right' one) and good feedback about my performance in warzones and open world pvp (yes we do open world pvp raids <:D!) from guildies and even from random people after warzones... so...

Which one works better for you? Have you tried both? Only 29X? Only 29BX? What are your records?

Data:

-Gunnery 7/36/3 (+datacrons +companion affection)

-Biggest Crit: 12,003 Demo Round on a Merc

-Biggest Damage: 1,388,164 (non stop grinding in the middle node alderaan)

-English Level: Bad :p

I think you meant 29AX. 29BX is the high endurance ones.

So the 29AX gives 72 aim, 49 endurance and 27 power

The normal 29X gives 59 aim, 44 endurance and 49 power

the main difference is the 29AX gives 13 more aim, but gives 22 less power.

Power is about 0.23 damage per point, while a mainstat is 0.2 damage/point

From Buff + Class Skill, the 13 more aim gives 15 aim (as opposed to 13), however 15 aim is 3 damage and a little crit chance, while 22 power is worth 5 damage - 67% more - though it does also give +50hp in comparison (and every 4th one gives a further +10).

So the best bet is to keep using the Unlettered 29X mods. Though if its a choice between updated gear and changing a 29AX to a 29X, go with updating the gear first.

Edited by TACeMossie

Hey hoping I could sneak a question in. I've begun the min maxing phase and I was wondering what are the sweet spots for surge and power, or which stat is better.

Essentially I was confused about which enhancements to get, the ones with more power, or the ones with more surge. Or maybe get my surge to 75 then stack power?

Also how do you feel about switching aim augments for power?

Thank you

Hey hoping I could sneak a question in. I've begun the min maxing phase and I was wondering what are the sweet spots for surge and power, or which stat is better.

Essentially I was confused about which enhancements to get, the ones with more power, or the ones with more surge. Or maybe get my surge to 75 then stack power?

Also how do you feel about switching aim augments for power?

Thank you

For enhancements:

Adept enhancements, not only do they give the max power but they also give the max surge for an enhancement.

As for augments, its a choice between "Do I want slightly more power? Or the slight crit bonus from more aim?

as the aim augments are a miniscule amount less damage than the power ones, but also give a crit chance (the difference is incredibly small at 0.0011 damage per point more to power), I would go with the aim ones.