Need help gearing my Mercenary for PvP

BrianAC

Hi. i am new to the PVP in the game on my mercenary. I play a Arsenal Mercenary DPS spec. I know there are a lot of types of gear to choose from. What i would like to know is what is the best choice of PVP gear to choose from. I would like to know what gear would give me the best DPS. I dont want to gear my Mercenary the wrong way and later have to re-gear him up again, that would take a while. If you could help me, that would be much appreciated :)

You want to get the Eliminator set for Merc PvP. This applies only to the armor pieces with set bonus; not things like earpiece/implant.

You want to get gear that has Power and Surge on it. It doesnt matter if its not necessarily Eliminator as long as you have your basic 4 pieces for the +15% Rail Shot crit. Stacking Power and Surge as much as possible will give you the best increase to your damage output.

Considering or surge talents, as well as how heat dissipation works well with alacrity, he only got a portion of the answer right.

Get one enhancement with accuracy, enough to get you 95% accuracy, which is 105 for special attacks which will ensure your rail shots and unload won't miss on troopers, warriors and operatives, unless you are debuffed or they have a defensive popped.

Go with either 218 alacrity or two enhancement 1xxx alacrity and then put the rest into surge.

Aim for 150-250 crit rating.

Rest should go into power and aim.

This is for PvP.

Pve, based on our internal Cd, go for 110% accuracy then rest surge. The more stats you have the more crit is worth. So you can can even bring it up to 350 crit rating.

Otherwise the stats go into aim and power.

If you don't want a brain dead rotation you can add some alacrity though. Is actually trickier. They need to make alacrity reduce cooldowns as well. Internal too.

Also for PvP, two piece combat medic and two piece eliminator well give you the most survivability and kiting in Arsenal.

Edited by PerinnAybara

Thanks for the help guys. It looks like I'll be going eliminator's, I also see that the set bonus includes moves that I have on my quick bar and I use frequently. I should have read what the bonuses are on each gear set to see if it applies to me haha, but thanks for the help all! :D

No alacrity for PvP. Especially for DPS.

No Crit for PvP

No accuracy for PvP (you can get 94% w/out taking any in your gear. i run with 93% and have never had any issue)

4pc Eliminator set for DPS. Dat +15% rail shot crit chance

What's your rational cash, other than that you think you're a better player than me and that you also think you're better at min maxing?

2% chance to miss on warriors/troopers/operatives is kinda hard to notice but it is noticable. It's not enough to "cause you any issues" but it's not called optimal gearing.

You dislike alacrity personally but I explained the benefit. It also reduces the time people have to pushback and interrupt you. So, why do you hate alacrity? Other than it's your personal preference.

You dislike any crit, but we have surge talents, and you don't even understand diminishing returns. You don't realize that the aim curve is seperate from the crit curve. it is a damage upgrade to have some crit, but you take anecdotal evidence as well as your own "gut feeling" over theory, math and practice.

Face it Cash, we may have elected you to be the PVP representative, but that wasn't because you were good at gearing. Or that you were the best pvp mercenary on Pot5.

Edited by PerinnAybara