Healing duneclaw HM?!?

Pouncer_US

Ok I have never been able to heal Duneclaw in HM Core you have to stay spread out as a group and I can't hit anyone but tank with Kolto missile. This is the only fight I have every struggled with and I have healed HMs SnV, TC and TFB. I have failed this the last 10x I have tried with 4 different tanks. The whole group takes too much damage too fast and I cant HTF because I overheat. Rampage happens and I have no way of recovering from the fight as a merc healer... I have no problem healing this in 66s on my agent because of the HoTs and group heals. Is it me or is merc AoE healing the suck? Anyone have any constructive advice or know of any good videos for the mechanics of this fight. I had to rage quit tonight and want to learn how to prevent future wipes.

Tracer-Spam

The Shadowlands

Sounds like your tank is taking too long to kite the boss to the generators to me. Also the team doesn't need to be spread out, rampage has a ridiculous range. As long as they are behind it and away from it's frontal, they should be fine, so at least 3 of you should be getting kolto missle including range. DPS should know they need to be in the residue.

As far as recovering after the storm. You should get the tank topped off and then you should have plenty of time to heal everyone else up before the next storm. If you are overheating it's because you're not rapid shotting enough or maybe you spec into some alacrity. I raid NM TFB and S&V with base alac at 5% with the 2 in tree plus the proc I stay at 10% almost constantly. If you spec into kolto jets it can help here as a free heal.

Really all tough fights as a merc healer boil down to being on your heat management at all times.

I have healed this on my merc successfully with a dps down and the tank missing two generators. It's definitely tough but doable if you can manage heat and prioritize your heals.

For that fight I pretty much kept the dps down as the one up was more than geared to solo it since it's easier to heal 2 people instead of one but if the tank is doing his job right and dps are spread out, it's a pretty easy fight to heal it just takes some practice.

Dusting off my merc healer and having lots of fun - what kind of stats do you guys shoot for these days? I liken the merc crit chance to the SIN deception build. Such big heals dependent on crit - but it doesnt happen often and you can toss your emergency scan a few times without a crit. I thought having crit around 30 with maybe the new +425 crit relic (and +625 power) would be handy.

My operative has less crit then my merc, but it crits A LOT because the heals are always on the target - through probes, aoe etc. Whereas the merc is channeled, with a side of luck.

I reckon I should probably drop some crit to around 25 and just slap more into power

Dusting off my merc healer and having lots of fun - what kind of stats do you guys shoot for these days? I liken the merc crit chance to the SIN deception build. Such big heals dependent on crit - but it doesnt happen often and you can toss your emergency scan a few times without a crit. I thought having crit around 30 with maybe the new +425 crit relic (and +625 power) would be handy.

My operative has less crit then my merc, but it crits A LOT because the heals are always on the target - through probes, aoe etc. Whereas the merc is channeled, with a side of luck.

I reckon I should probably drop some crit to around 25 and just slap more into power

With a nanotech proto stim and all buffs active, I try to keep my crit around 33.33% (my base crit is probably around 26%). The reason for this is a) I like to have critical reaction up at all times and b) my 2 main heals (Rapid shot and Kolto missle (with kolto pods)) heal in three's. Everything else I throw into power. I try to keep my alacrity at around 7% with the system calibration perk so w/ crit reaction, I'm at a 10% buff to activation speed/energy regen/GCD.

Edited by TezMoney

Yeah those are around my stats currently for my merc healer. My main (mara) is full 78's, my operative is mostly 78's so i've been gearing up my merc the last week through transferring ultimate gear. Playing around last night I did hit a 11k heal followed by a 10k heal and 9k heal in around 3-4 seconds which was pretty ****.

I just don't like how the merc can go a couple rotations WITHOUT criting anything...It seams to be that the Supercharged gas when used should also increase the crit chance or give your emergency scan a 100 percent chance to crit