Commando: What Type of Healing Should It Be?

TheSupaCoopa

Duran'del here:

My experience with the commando has been fun, and I really like the class. This does not make up for the fact that the class seems to suffer an identity crisis. What I mean by this is the fact that our heals are a mix of instant, casts, periodic, and reactive. I have some proposed changes to what this class should be like:

-Advanced Med Probe now applies 3% armor if supercharged. This affect stacks with the Armor Screen talent.

-Quick Thinking should read: Reduces the cooldown of Kolto Bomb by .5 seconds(per rank) and Advanced Med Probe by 1.5 seconds(per rank)

-Med Probe's cast time is now 2 seconds(What it is with QT speced).

-Frontline Medic's effects are merged with Probe Medic.

-Frontline medic is now replaced with Field Medic, which increases the amount of targets that Trauma Probe affects by 1 per rank.

-Trauma Probe is now a Commando ability trained at level 40 and is replaced by Kolto Surge.

-Kolto Surge is reactive ability that affects a target. It is, in it's most basic form, a version of Adrenaline Rush that is applied to the target. It will trigger once the target gets below 40% health and heals for 2% every 2 seconds. This may not be applied to yourself.

Edited by TheSupaCoopa

I'd love it to have a more prominent reactive component, triggered by hard casts as well. Also more synergy of instant heals with hardcast heals.

In WoW, Paladin healers (similar single target hard cast niche with Commando healers) had a skill called "beacon of light", which copied any heal on another target to the beaconed target. Pretty sure that Trauma probe could fulfil a similar role.

Edited by Helig

I'd love it to have a more prominent reactive component, triggered by hard casts as well. Also more synergy of instant heals with hardcast heals.

In WoW, Paladin healers (similar single target hard cast niche with Commando healers) had a skill called "beacon of light", which copied any heal on another target to the beaconed target. Pretty sure that Trauma probe could fulfil a similar role.

YAY! Constructive comments on my posts :)

I never get any positive comments on my posts, so this made my day.

Here is my second slew of ideas on how to make Commando better.

Field Triage: Using Advanced Med Probe would give 1 stack of Field Triage, decreasing the amount of ammo used by an ability by 20% per stack, and at 3 stacks, your next Bacta Infusion is an automatic critical.

Don't Die on Me replaces Med Zone. This increases the healing done to players who are below 25% health by 25% per rank.

Squad Medic replaces Field Training. It has the same effects as Field Training, but increases healing done to Vanguards and Companions by 5%/10%/15%

Cell Capacitor: Increases amount of cells restored by recharge cells by 8/16 and increases the amount of healing and damage dealt when 30 charges of Combat Support Cylinder are active by 1%/2%/3%

Edited by TheSupaCoopa

Here is my second slew of ideas on how to make Commando better.

Field Triage: Using Advanced Med Probe would give 1 stack of Field Triage, decreasing the amount of ammo used by an ability by 20% per stack, and at 3 stacks, your next Bacta Infusion is an automatic critical.

Don't Die on Me replaces Med Zone. This increases the healing done to players who are below 25% health by 25% per rank.

Squad Medic replaces Field Training. It has the same effects as Field Training, but increases healing done to Vanguards and Companions by 5%/10%/15%

Cell Capacitor: Increases amount of cells restored by recharge cells by 8/16 and increases the amount of healing and damage dealt when 30 charges of Combat Support Cylinder are active by 1%/2%/3%

I really like the Don't Die On Me suggestion.

But otherwise, I'd shift the healing *out* of hard casts - just a little.

Honestly I don't think commando healer's are that bad and don't really need much of a change. We are on par with sage/sorc healers and if scoundrels/operatives get a nerf in the energy management, things will be different. When I play wz's, I'm usually always the best healer on our team and a good scoundrel healer will only do 5-20% more healing than me in a good long game, like voidstar. Only thing I really want changed for the commando healers is the green beam and some kind of better HoT ability that triggers on each crit no matter what healing ability you use. Personally though I like being a stationary healer, once I switched my huge gun to a blaster rifle I don't get targeted that much anymore.

While i admit commando healing is fun, it feels lacking when it has cooldowns. It's a really difficult spec to master and when i feel i should be more efficient on healing with my commando, i always see my bacta infusion or tech override on cooldown and start to think "i wish i was a scoundrel".

Perhaps a rotation that resets the cooldown or lowers the cooldown on Bacta infusion would really kick things at this point for more controlled bursts. But i just don't see commandos as an awesome healer that can match the might of a scoundrel if necessary.

I hope these make sense.

All the best.

Edited by Hakkology

I´d be perfectly happy if Hammershot would be a cone heal or affected 2 additional players standing next to my target. As we are standing in the back most of the time a cone heal even with the low hammershot numbers would be something really nice, in addition t o Koltobomb perfect for incoming medium group damage.

I dislike the proposal of reducing the casttime of our 2 Mainheals and reducing the CD of Kolto, wich is already implemented basically as the 2 and 4 Point Setbonus of a healing Commando .