Returning player looking for advice

augerwtf

Now that winter is rolling in I'm getting back to SWTOR and trying to get a handle on how the class has changed. I was a mostly Arsenal spec, and that still looks good, but what are some good builds (yes I'm reading the stickies but there is a lot there to cover in one day). I'm level 39, mostly solo or occasionally a two man group with a friend of mine, PVE oriented. Given my limited skill points, what should I concentrate on getting first? Are accuracy with a little crit and alacrity the main attributes still? Where is good tutorial on armor, I find it totally confusing, are PVP and PVE stats still different? Any other advice appreciated! Edited by augerwtf

This is the most used Arsenal build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#300Mc0zZrffordokfbsZs.3

Where you put your points in lowbie doesnt really matter, just try to get heatseeker as soon as you can (lvl45).

Pre55 your stats hardly matter, go for aim items obviously and avoid tanking stats like defense and shield etc. At 55 0 alacrity 100-150 crit rest power, 350ish accuracy (get to 100% range accuracy as priority no1) then rest surge.

Yes, PVE and PVP armors are still different, PVP has less overall stats but has expertise which is absolute must for competative PVP.

Not sure what you mean by armor tutorial:rak_02:

Thanks for the advice! As far as armor, I guess I'm always seeing recommendations of all these acronyms like BiS, or Basic, I have no idea what it means, if it is crafted, loot, why I would want it over the armor I make myself, etc.