Commando Medic...not sure how to start it...

Stosh_Cowski

I have a level 20 commando at this time & would like to turn him into more of a medic and relying on Jargon to be my DPS. Or join random players & help them by keeping them healed.

I was on a Heroic mission a number of days ago & remember seeing a commando, doing the healng, running around with what I thought was an assault cannon. Not sure what was but it was hitting us with a healing beam of green light of some sorts. Can someone please tell me how I can get my hands on that item?

My other question is this. Right now, at level 20, I only have the 2 droid healers I can call in to heal someone. And those heals aren't all that great to begin with. :( Seems rather difficult to run as a commando healer with only those as my healing powers. I may be missing something along the way to throw decent heals. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do to become a better healer?

Thanks!!

Have you activated your combat support cell? (makes your hammershot go green lazer). I would suggest you to check out some of the healing commando guides here on this forum, could be a good start!

THAT'S what I think I need is the combat support cell! Thanks, Accurate!!! Will activate that tonite.

And yeah...I'll surf around on the forums. Unfortunately (for me), a lot of what I find regarding good builds are extremely outdated. I was in the same dilemma with my Jedi Knight. I found good suggestions, builds, etc...but they were all pre 1.5 or some even went back as far as 2 years ago.

THAT'S what I think I need is the combat support cell! Thanks, Accurate!!! Will activate that tonite.

And yeah...I'll surf around on the forums. Unfortunately (for me), a lot of what I find regarding good builds are extremely outdated. I was in the same dilemma with my Jedi Knight. I found good suggestions, builds, etc...but they were all pre 1.5 or some even went back as far as 2 years ago.

Just ask on the class forums like you did here. Want to know a rotatation/priority? Ask. Want to know what gear people use? Ask. Some guides are outdated but with the right questions you generally get quite far (like you did this time!) Enough people are all to eager to help! :)

As for healing around you level. For a while you'll rely on Advanced Medical Probe followed by Medical Probe (at ~level 27 Advanced Medical Probe reduces the cost of Medical Probe so I recommend learning to use them in this order) and Kolto Bomb (level 20, skill trainer ability if I recall correctly) are your only heals and you use Combat Support Cell to use Hammer Shots on allies when they aren't in need of big heals. At some point (~35) Advanced Medical Probe also gets a healing over time and armourbuff attached to it. Helping immensely.

Always try to keep your cells around 70-80% how-ever don't feel too bad if you drop and have to use Recharge Cells, it gets easier, especially at level 27 and at level 45 you get a small but free heal, once again improving your resource management.

I played as the following at lower levels:

- Maintain Trauma Probe (~level 36)

- Hammer Shots whenever no-one is in serious need of healing

- Advanced Medical Probe (prioritize the Tank) followed by Medical Probe for bigger heals

- Kolto Bomb for the Kolto Residue (~level 25) and a small AoE heal, leaves an AoE healing over time (small but strong) once specced.

- Supercharged Cells when you see fit. (~level 20)

(Note: I use Supercharged Cell almost whenever, for energy management or to top everyone up.)

The levels in brackets are the level you generally are able to spec into the effects if you go full medic.

Goodluck!

Edited by Gloomycakes