Watch “Conflict Rising” Trailer

CourtneyWoods

@ SWTOR BioWare Team, way to go guys.gals. Having to code this into the game engine is just outstanding. With that in mind I do have a question- will we have large space maps to explore? Or are we going to keep the pvp aspect of space an dnot have any exploration or discovery allowed for a space game- MMORPG style.

Thank you BW for the hard work on the game. It really has come a long way. I wish the Dr's were still here. :)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks interesting, but I'm afraid it will be just like any other typical pvp, a group camping or hounding individuals as they come in, and then heckling them for trying.

It doesn't sound like my cup of tea tbh.

I would much prefer the energy be spent on extending individual class and companion stories.

But kudos on offering this included with sub, without bending us over again...that's something of note.

So far this looks like something that is of virtually no interest to me . . . BUT, I think it is an absolutely wonderful addition to a Star Wars game, and I am sure it will make a lot of people very happy! So while I hope there will be at least some tidbits coming out between now and then that are more to my liking, kudos to Bioware for adding this much requested content, and in a free update, to boot. :)

This makes me very happy. :D

I hope that there is some PVE content to go along with this, and that it expands the role of player ships as well, but I understand, get the basic features in first. There's plenty of time for expansions later.

Edited by qamarnahaar

Look at all the butthurt PvE'ers. Hypocrites saying that PvP'ers are the only ones that complain.

Pfft. Someone will complain no matter what Bioware adds. Give people a sack of gold and they'll complain that it's heavy.

Watch the “Conflict Rising” trailer and take your battle to space with epic 12v12 dogfights in the new Free-to-Play Digital Expansion: Galactic Starfighter, coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Watch now

This looks amazing! I am very excited for this. One question, if we can do 12v12 pvp in space, why cant we do 12v12 pvp wz maps? Just curious. Very excited for this new PVP content! Thank you!:D

Edited by Darknessinme

S-w-e-e-t - I'm almost giddy! Looks like it took a ton of work. Even if not perfect from the start, I'm sure it will get better.

Personally, I hope it stays relatively simple and doesn't get into the kind of detail/complexity there is in STO; I don't think there's anything wrong with STO space combat, but I don't want to get bogged down in all that, as I think this should be faster-paced (and more fun)!

MULTIPLE BATTLE ZONES AND GAMEPLAY MODES

Travel to multiple space locations and fight through exciting battles with different gameplay modes.

You know... Strike what I said before. Perhaps were all in knee-jerk reaction mode and PVE is there? (shrug) If not maybe not far off in an expansion (though I already mentioned that as a hope in last post).

I'll play either and or both anyway.. just to be able to control pitch yaw -roll -speed and direction of my ship. ;)

I hope they are careful with the PVP and 'gearing up ships' as mentioned though. The last thing we need is to copy that particular 'Freelancer featurette' (see I admit some parts of the old games are not good) anyone new entering scenario to have their tookus handed to them repeatedly and inevitably because entry level ships no mater how skilled the pilot can't even scratch the paint job on the buffed ones. that doesn't really help anyone, makes people sad and makes us wait longer for pvp warzones for lack of bodies willing to enter. ;)

Again. Good work Dev's. Cheers all.

If you do have to complain- keep it PG and constructive.

Edited by RogueDemonhunter