Please Increase Starting Inventory Capacity or Add Cargo Bay at Starting Area

Dawginole

I think you guys probably know this, but you really need to consider seriously expanding starting inventory capacity considering how many items you have given long term players that start a new toon. This may be something you only do for subs, and that would be fine.

The problem I and many of my guildies are running into is that we are starting the game with over 20 of the 30 starting slots filled with toys. It's not stuff we want to part with. They may be items that are usable later on in other stages of the game.

The result is that your characters start out with very limited inventory space because of this and there is no cargo bay access until we reach the fleet. So my request is that if you do not want to increase starting inventory space even for subscribers due to its connection to Cartel Market purchases for expansion, please at least consider placing a cargo bay right there at the starting mail box so that we can toss all these legacy items, toys, mounts, etc that we won't use for some time into storage.

Thanks.

Tips:

1) Don't claim the items from email until you get to fleet.

2) Many of the toys, titles, etc. are in your collections and so you can safely destroy your initial copy anyway. BUT CHECK FIRST!

3) Spend your sub CC on inventory unlocks. All my characters start with 80 slots.

The ability to do #3 is why they might not be willing to give away more storage space.

3) Spend your sub CC on inventory unlocks. All my characters start with 80 slots.

The account onlock is even purchasable on the GTN and it is not expensive. Every long term players should already have a few of them already (if not all out all 8ß slots).

Simple solution

LEAVE THE TOYS IN THE MAILBOX UNTIL YOU GET TO THE FLEET.

Inventory management is a MMO skill, learn to use it. I am sure you can do without your Holodancer for the duration of the Origin Worlds.

Pretty much this. The only items I grab are ones that I can use immediately and are consumed on use with only a few exceptions. Things like the titles and pets, the fleet VIP wristband, the 5 basic comms, etc. Exception to that would be the Hutt holo statue for leveling on the fly. I'll grab my pre-order crystal at level 7 or when I get the first moddable weapon, and my Kurtob Alliance speeder at 10 when I can use it. Otherwise everything else waits till I get to fleet and can dump it in my cargo hold. I would not be against a cargo hold on the starter planets either though.

Simple solution

Inventory management is a MMO skill, learn to use it. I am sure you can do without your Holodancer for the duration of the Origin Worlds.

This,

No reason to expand what you get at the beginning since you could either buy the account unlocks with CC or from the gtn on your other characters...

And... story wise you shouldn't even have access to the cargo bays until you get your ship anyways.

Simple solution

/Agree.

I have all inventory slots unlocked across my account and I STILL do not pick up all the toys until I get to fleet. There is simply no point in doing so.

I have too much stuff and not enough space. What would I give for a space bag for all the CM items I haven't gotten to use.:D

Really wish we had legacy cargo hold so that way I can just all of mats into it. Would really help me out and make it convenient for crafting.

Edited by Nickious

The account onlock is even purchasable on the GTN and it is not expensive. Every long term players should already have a few of them already (if not all out all 8ß slots).

I believe it works out cheaper to buy the account wide inventory unlocks (around 150K each) than unlock all the inventory slots on two characters.

Please bioware, I cannot complete 2 hours of Hutta without the Life Day Bundle I sent to my alt. And those 3 speeders that I could easily keep in the mailbox? Forget that, I want to admire their icons in my inventory. We needs, nay we DEMANDS us a cargo bay on the starter planets.