2.4+ DPS Leaderboard

Me too lol

I have one question for you, but keep in mind I play a Powertech on Pyro.

I noticed you open with TD. Doesn't that kind of put you behind on DPS right off the bat? Since the application of TD throws you into combat, and doesn't do any damage initially...do you find this works better? I typically go IM > RS > TD > and then do all my PT stuff...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Expect an update on the 26th. There will be one more update in mid-early/mid December, after which I will be passing the thread to someone else (sooner if I can get him/her acclimated). Edited by Falver

Hope - Gunslinger - Hybrid 5/18/23 - 3646

http://www.torparse.com/a/504612/time/1385382520/1385382824/0/Damage+Dealt

WTB top1 parse crits :(

Also

Hope - Gunslinger - DirtyFighting 5/5/36 - 3532

http://www.torparse.com/a/504065/time/1385331082/1385331385/0/Overview

AMR updates (without fail this time :p): http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/4d95337d-5e72-4a3f-82da-bcdc7b8fd6fd

for hybrid 2 set pieces are obv swaped

Question about pyro/assault, how are you all never having to hammer shot/rapid shot? As assault i can get to 39~40apm but I'm not able to do anywhere near the amount of power shots in the same time frame due to ammo restrictions. Edited by Sylvane

Expect an update on the 26th. There will be one more update in mid-early/mid December, after which I will be passing the thread to someone else (sooner if I can get him/her acclimated).

Ah, that's a shame to hear. =( I did notice you seem to be getting quite busy though.

We certainly appreciate all the hard work you've done in keeping the thread going Falver, and providing various players across all servers the opportunity to have not only a spirit of healthy competition, but a place to calmly discuss various specs and rotations that furthers everyone's knowledge and ability in their respective classes, as well as even other classes they may not have taken a close look at before.

Many thanks. I'll be sad to see you hand the thread over (though I'm sure it doesn't mean much coming from a random person xD)

Ah, that's a shame to hear. =( I did notice you seem to be getting quite busy though.

We certainly appreciate all the hard work you've done in keeping the thread going Falver, and providing various players across all servers the opportunity to have not only a spirit of healthy competition, but a place to calmly discuss various specs and rotations that furthers everyone's knowledge and ability in their respective classes, as well as even other classes they may not have taken a close look at before.

Many thanks. I'll be sad to see you hand the thread over (though I'm sure it doesn't mean much coming from a random person xD)

/sign

I have one question for you, but keep in mind I play a Powertech on Pyro.

I noticed you open with TD. Doesn't that kind of put you behind on DPS right off the bat? Since the application of TD throws you into combat, and doesn't do any damage initially...do you find this works better? I typically go IM > RS > TD > and then do all my PT stuff...

Well, although there may be a better opener than I'm using, IM > RS > TD would be a slight dps loss over what I'm currently doing. when TD and IM are both at your disposal, like at the beginning of a dummy encounter, TD is more powerful over it's duration, which is what matters, not just which one gives you an instant hit or not.

However, I am still experimenting, cuz every GCD you can move forward your Rail Shot procs is a significant DPS gain due to hitting hard as well as venting heat. It's just that IM > RS > TD doesn't move it up any further than my current opener TD > EN > RS. It moves the first one up, but not any subsequent RS's. I'm looking into another opener that would move this RS forward, there's just a number of factors to consider and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do it, cuz i still want to get 4 ENs and 4 FMs in a 5 minute window which would mean they can't sit off cd for very long...we'll see :)

Of course, most of this information is likely irrelevant to Powertechs :p

Question about pyro/assault, how are you all never having to hammer shot/rapid shot? As assault i can get to 39~40apm but I'm not able to do anywhere near the amount of power shots in the same time frame due to ammo restrictions.

You may not be getting as many PPA procs > hence rail shots in. The more rail shots you get in, the more heat you vent and the less rapid shots you will need. Every Rail shot is a net -15.5 heat...every power shot is a net 8.5 heat so if you do the math you can get nearly 2 more power shots in place of rapid shots for every extra rail shot you squeeze into your rotation. Proc'ing PPA as close to every 6s as possible is extremely important, occasionally it will take an extra GCD, so 7.5s to proc it, if it ever takes longer than that, you should adjust your rotation.

Expect an update on the 26th. There will be one more update in mid-early/mid December, after which I will be passing the thread to someone else (sooner if I can get him/her acclimated).

Thank you very much Falver for maintaining this thread, I hope we can find someone to do the job even half as good as you have!

Edited by odawgg

You may not be getting as many PPA procs > hence rail shots in. The more rail shots you get in, the more heat you vent and the less rapid shots you will need. Every Rail shot is a net -15.5 heat...every power shot is a net 8.5 heat so if you do the math you can get nearly 2 more power shots in place of rapid shots for every extra rail shot you squeeze into your rotation. Proc'ing PPA as close to every 6s as possible is extremely important, occasionally it will take an extra GCD, so 7.5s to proc it, if it ever takes longer than that, you should adjust your rotation.

I must be doing something horribly wrong then because I have horrid heat/ammo management even getting rail shot/HiB in every six seconds. I didnt know it gave back 15.5 though, thought it only gave 8. Guess I'll have to try it some more again.

If I may I ask (assuming the spec in the amr is the one you're using), why don't you pick up the alacrity in System Calibrations? At first I assumed it had to do with the fact that alacrity might mess with the 6 sec ICD of PPA, but isn't that already the case with the alacrity you get from Rapid Venting?

I don't play the class and spec in pve, just asking out of curiosity. :)

If I may I ask (assuming the spec in the amr is the one you're using), why don't you pick up the alacrity in System Calibrations? At first I assumed it had to do with the fact that alacrity might mess with the 6 sec ICD of PPA, but isn't that already the case with the alacrity you get from Rapid Venting?

I don't play the class and spec in pve, just asking out of curiosity. :)

You're right that I don't do it cuz of PPA proc timing, the rapid venting doesn't seem to add enough alacrity to cause probs.