Hello, Im running a

i-5 2500K OC to 4.5ghz

x2 GTX 680 SC+ editions from EVGA

16g of 1866 mt/s RAM Corsair Veng

z77 Sabertooth MOBO

and two SSD in Raid 0

with all the updates and everything needed, GPU's are in SLI with enough power

And My PhysX is set to my CPU

Im still getting massive frame drops no matter what happens in PVP or some dungens and at the Rupblic Fleet. Im wanting to play the game in highest Quality. Ive tryed setting the physX to a GPU and still same difference. I have shadows turned off and some other things turned off as well. Im wanting to just stay about 60 FPS at all times but in the warzones i drop below 30! with a Highly overclocked CPU and 2 nice GPU's in SLI how is this possible? Any advice or is it just this game? I can run BF3 full tilt everything ultra on NVIDIA surround (yes cross three monitors) and never go below 72 FPS. When Im playing SWTOR Im only ON one monitor (the others are not even set up) (i do not have my NVIDA surround set up any more) Soo any adivce? Keep in mind I want the highest settings possilbe with HIGH FRAMES

If it is happening in the Warzones and Fleet, it is probably due to lag from the server. Check your internet connection.

Don't know about Flashpoints. Some parts of some Flashpoints always slow down my FPS: one good example is the fight at the end of The Foundry.

If it is happening in the Warzones and Fleet, it is probably due to lag from the server. Check your internet connection.

Server lag's got nothing to do with your internet connection.

There are several reasons why SWTOR is notorious for stuttering. It's running at 32-bit, so even with one TB of RAM the game will use a maximum of 4 GB. Create a RAM-Disk and use SWTOR Unleashed to reduce micro stuttering. Using stuff like unparking idle processor cores can work as well.

In the end it's down to the bad optimisation of the game, due to engine reasons and probably design decisions (good low and mid level graphics playability and looks, extremely hungry at max. settings).

The OP's system undoubtly should be able to easily handle this game (and every other) at max. settings, but the problem isn't at his end.

Server lag is different than lag from the server. The first depends entirely on the server and the OP can't do anything about it. The second can be more worded as "lag due to the latency of the server communicating with the client" and depends on the internet connection and something the OP never mentioned. SWTOR seems to need a more reliable connection than most online games.

Edited by Bstr

Server lag is different than lag from the server. The first depends entirely on the server and the OP can't do anything about it. The second can be more worded as "lag due to the latency of the server communicating with the client" and depends on the internet connection and something the OP never mentioned. SWTOR seems to need a more reliable connection than most online games.

Oh yeah My Internet Connection is Great! Cable on 55 Down and 10 Up. I also know for a fact im "THE ONLY HOUSE" that uses internet/cable of any kind in my NODE. I have a very small node in my area. and i know the charter guy personaly. Grew up with the guy. :-P Thats always a Plus! and the lines are new with in the last year.

So i think it may have something to do with the Game it self. then. Just like an other poster Had said. I'll look deeper into it. I was asking cause when i hit raiding level I dont want stuttering issues. If i do then i will more then likely go back to WOW. Or just quit MMO's for a bit again. and hit back into FPS turnys

There are several reasons why SWTOR is notorious for stuttering. It's running at 32-bit, so even with one TB of RAM the game will use a maximum of 4 GB. Create a RAM-Disk and use SWTOR Unleashed to reduce micro stuttering. Using stuff like unparking idle processor cores can work as well.

In the end it's down to the bad optimisation of the game, due to engine reasons and probably design decisions (good low and mid level graphics playability and looks, extremely hungry at max. settings).

The OP's system undoubtly should be able to easily handle this game (and every other) at max. settings, but the problem isn't at his end.

What are you actually talking about with

Create a RAM-Disk and use SWTOR Unleashed to reduce micro stuttering. Using stuff like unparking idle processor cores can work as well.

What are you actually talking about

SWTOR Unleashed will create a RAM Drive for you that pulls various files from your hard drive and stores them in RAM always when playing the game. I have found that it only affects my loading times, but I'm only running on medium settings.

SWTOR Unleashed is explained here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=529567 and downloaded here: http://www.metasharp.net/index.php/SWTOR_Unleashed . (First two entries on Google, as mentioned by the links in the post above me.)

Read the instructions: it is slightly tricky to patch with SWTOR Unleashed: You have to use SWTOR Unleashed to patch once in "SWTOR Retail" mode, exit the Launcher, run SWTOR Unleashed again, and choose to run in "SWTOR Unleashed" mode.

There is a utility to "unpark" CPU cores at http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility . Note that you will see a power increase: this utility disables the ability of CPU cores from turning off when the CPU usage is low. Only some CPUs have the technology to park cores.

Edited by Bstr