Suggestion changes to Mercs

TyrellJonez

After reading the dev tracker and seeing the issues they wish to address, i've thought of a few solutions while trying expand on suggestions already made.

Drop Intergrated Cardio Package for something along the lines of:

"1/2pts: Rapid shots now vents 3/6 heat everytime you use it to heal an ally or damage an enemy. (does not grant stacks of Combat support cylinder when used to attack enemy)."

Dropping Jet Rebounder (c'mon devs, thats a useless talent and you know it) and replacing it with:

Pyromaniac Assault: Power surge now lasts 10 seconds and allows you to cast while moving. If pyro shield is active, all abilities with a cast (not channel) costs are reduced 25%. Cooldown 2 mins.

Boom. Heat management fixed while adding dps. DO NOT Give to PTs/vanguards. Mercs only. Thoughts?

I don't like the suggestion to fundamentally change the resource system. I'd rather tweak what we have. I think your suggested change to rapid shots would be fine but not sure 3/6 is the right number... It can be tweaked of course.

Not sold on your other ideas. But I understand where they are coming from.

IMHO, PS is fine with 2 charges I would just lower the cool down a bit. I like the suggestion to make it a base ability. Other than that I really think mercs are in a good place. I like the answers they gave us but I am in the camp for adjusting our resources rather than change them.

Actually I read your post wrong... When my brain read "cast while moving" it though it was reading "all casts are instant"... for ten seconds. I actually would be fine with what you suggested.. but I'd prefer the two insta-casts. Casting while moving is great but IMHO two instant casts are better when under melee pressure and you are trying to kite away. Edited by Choffware

I dont play Pyro anymore....but IMO Jet Rebounder isn't all that bad. Maybe its too high up (I don't remember), or shouldn't be required. I don't know if those are true...but I can see those as reasons why you may not like it.

The reason I like it is for PvP. Jet Boost has a short CD so it can be used very often. Lots of times it could be used twice in a single short fight.

There's a set bonus that reduces it from 30 to 25secs. And with Jet Rebounders, its likely to be reduced to 20sec or less. I agree that its not the best, but IMO its a decent defensive tool.

Edited by DarthBloodloss