Does the ability to interrupt our best abilities make us not feasible for arenas?

NathanielStarr

Being able to be interrupted is a huge disadvantage. Any team worth their salt will be able to coordinate and make life very hard for arsenal mercs.

Even in the testing with the We Are Farmers guild they switched from a dps mercenary to a sniper because as they said it was too easy to interrupt the merc.

So what do you think? I really like mercs. The look, the idea, but it really isn't the optimum class and in the end optimum is what you want. It doesn't matter if you can sometimes make it work.

Also I don't think we still need our stun range reduced do we?

Being able to be interrupted is a huge disadvantage. Any team worth their salt will be able to coordinate and make life very hard for arsenal mercs.

Even in the testing with the We Are Farmers guild they switched from a dps mercenary to a sniper because as they said it was too easy to interrupt the merc.

So what do you think? I really like mercs. The look, the idea, but it really isn't the optimum class and in the end optimum is what you want. It doesn't matter if you can sometimes make it work.

Also I don't think we still need our stun range reduced do we?

Casters have always had problems in arenas but that has never stopped them from being good. The issue with mercs in arena, imo, is going to be their inability create distance between themselves and a target. HO is great for huttball, but the lack of a real speed boost means you won't be able to get out of range of any melee quickly and jet boost has too long of a cd to be really useful in keeping yourself alive. By definition a turret class needs to be able to get out of the thick of a battle to turret but mercs just can't do that consistently.

so players that know what they are doing will do well? what nonsense is this....

I take the term well to meant not good and definitely not great. It's just above fair, and fair is above poor. Which is where most Mercs will be.

You will be the weak link in the arena. You really will have no defenses to speak of and damage that isn't the highest and can be interrupted.

Sure maybe that top 1% will be able to stand toe to toe with the average marauder....but I can see some of us Mercs disappointing our team when we are put on the arena team with them.

Certainly the dps Merc is more effective now than it was in 1.4-1.7 era. And personally I feel that I can 1v1 99% of the enemy melee players in normal wz and 90% of the enemy melee players in ranked wz. That sounds pretty good, eh? It's not. I can deal with 100% of non-healer enemy players on my melee toon. Melee toons are simply stronger at the higher skill levels. The ranged toons are better against low skill players. But that is not an advantage that can be relied upon in ranked pvp.

Things could be worse I suppose. I have this feeling that Sorc dps is really going to fare poorly on the arena maps.