An Open Letter to BioWare: Improving the Overall State of SWTOR.

FriendReferral

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So youd be uphappy if PvP was improved? Or if PvE was made more challenging and fun? Or if Bioware actually started treating its loyal customers like loyal customers? :rolleyes:

I don't PvP, so any resources spent on PvP are, from my perspective, wasted. And what exactly do you expect for your "loyalty?" An extra CC award? Check (the 500 from a few months ago). A title? Check (The Risen). A speeder? Upcoming, check. A pet? Upcoming, check.

I heard Eric was back from vacation so I will put this to the top one last time

You can keep this at the top of page 1 until doomsday and it won't make a difference. "Call out" threads like this are never productive.

Edited by branmakmuffin

One can not say "the changes would benefit everyone" and expect to have a credible point. Nor can someone say that the OPs opinion is no different than anyone elses that has posted "change this or else" kind of posts.

Most of the improvement posts have been unique and do not attempt to speak for everyone IMO. Many of them have good ideas and bad ideas from my perspective, and Bioware will sort through what they find interesting and/or appealing or not.

The OPs post is no exception to this rule IMO. The post that preceded this post however was a different story.

So youd be uphappy if PvP was improved? Or if PvE was made more challenging and fun? Or if Bioware actually started treating its loyal customers like loyal customers? :rolleyes:

Bunch of contrarians around here....

IMO what the OP provides is not PVP improvement...it is just a band aid that keeps it just as bad as it is now.

The only way to improve PVP is to completely redesign it into something that uses a simpler GUI, smaller poly models, reduced effects, reduced abilities that are separate from PVE abilities and the removal of gears influence on stats. Stats should be based on Expertise IMO, and expertise should have a baseline with boosts coming from victories.

All PVE characteristics must be removed from PVP IMO to improve it.

See how that works? Someone can disagree that what the OP offers is not an improvement if they do not care for it.

IMO what the OP provides is not PVP improvement...it is just a band aid that keeps it just as bad as it is now.

The only way to improve PVP is to completely redesign it into something that uses a simpler GUI, smaller poly models, reduced effects, reduced abilities that are separate from PVE abilities and the removal of gears influence on stats. Stats should be based on Expertise IMO, and expertise should have a baseline with boosts coming from victories.

All PVE characteristics must be removed from PVP IMO to improve it.

See how that works? Someone can disagree that what the OP offers is not an improvement if they do not care for it.

I don't mean to sound egotistical, but what you just said is something that BW would probably never do.

:o

Just sounds like it'd take up too much of their time and money, and attention away from milking the player-base with the Cartel Market. :cool: