Darth Thanaton runs the PT gauntlet!

XSUPREMESKILLZX

I love it when people always say the PT Jedi are stronger than those before them, If you looked at it on a position basis, and same for sith.... Yet a Jedi Council member is supposedly weaker than a Dark Council member in this argument...
Well count be out of that group. Because I've since reached the conclusion that they are pretty much equal in the end.

Making those kind of broad comparisons is never a good idea.

Though I'd put my bets on the Dark Council defeating the Jedi Council...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quote was ambiguous. If you have reason to believe it meant powerbase, show us.
If you could bring up the quote that would be useful, because I expect what Kaedusz is saying is closer to the truth, I can't remember reading a passage that say's "that Nox, oh he's so weak!" - in fact I don't recall Nox being mentioned at all.

If you could bring up the quote that would be useful, because I expect what Kaedusz is saying is closer to the truth, I can't remember reading a passage that say's "that Nox, oh he's so weak!" - in fact I don't recall Nox being mentioned at all.

I Don't have annihilation on me, unfortunately, because it's in my house and I'm down in london :p

However, Rayla has referenced the quote before so it's possible she has it...

I love it when people always say the PT Jedi are stronger than those before them, If you looked at it on a position basis, and same for sith.... Yet a Jedi Council member is supposedly weaker than a Dark Council member in this argument...

Because as a whole they are, when you pit someone against someone who has an advantage over another in one area of course. Of course in this instance, seems to be Thanaton's strength relies in ranged...if any of em got close me thinks in saber dueling it wouldn't favor him so well.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I Don't have annihilation on me, unfortunately, because it's in my house and I'm down in london :p

However, Rayla has referenced the quote before so it's possible she has it...

Well I do and the novel makes no mention of the word Nox, Thanaton or Sphere of Ancient Knowledge... and I can't recall there ever being a mention.

Well I do and the novel makes no mention of the word Nox, Thanaton or Sphere of Ancient Knowledge... and I can't recall there ever being a mention.

Annihilation is listed as a source for her Wookiee article, stating "mention only" so she's in there...

Oh, and most people call it the Pyramid of Ancient knowledge :p

Oh and by the way, wasn't Vowran depicted as powerful along the lines of Marr in that novel?

If Thanaton could get past TPM Obi-Wan, then he could probably take AOTC Anakin, because they were about the same ability at their ages–and I say that if he could defeat Obi-Wan then he could take Anakin, because remember how easily Force lightning took out Anakin in AOTC. If Thanaton does his huge lightning blast thing, AOTC Anakin is dead. Kit or Kolar will probably stop him dead, though.

Because as a whole they are, when you pit someone against someone who has an advantage over another in one area of course. Of course in this instance, seems to be Thanaton's strength relies in ranged...if any of em got close me thinks in saber dueling it wouldn't favor him so well.

See, yet I don't see Thanaton's power being that useful against Fisto... Fisto's a good saber duelist, Very good (Outdueled Grevious pretty easily) and his force power obviously isn't lacking, he created the Aquatic version of Kinetite...

If Thanaton could get past TPM Obi-Wan, then he could probably take AOTC Anakin, because they were about the same ability at their ages–and I say that if he could defeat Obi-Wan then he could take Anakin, because remember how easily Force lightning took out Anakin in AOTC. If Thanaton does his huge lightning blast thing, AOTC Anakin is dead. Kit or Kolar will probably stop him dead, though.

Well to be fair for AoTC Anakin, he kinda ran in headstrong and full of anger towards Dooku. Though of course he more than likely would still be beaten yes, as he hasn't faced Lighting at this time. Unless of course this would take place after said duel, in which Anakin would have knowledge of Lighting which may help a little but...that would only get him a little far.

See, yet I don't see Thanaton's power being that useful against Fisto... Fisto's a good saber duelist, Very good (Outdueled Grevious pretty easily) and his force power obviously isn't lacking, he created the Aquatic version of Kinetite

It probably wouldn't, I mean Fisto isn't a moron.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Thanaton has shown himself to be skilled with the blade. The fact that he wielded a double-bladed lightsaber at one time indicates this. Also remembering he can bolster his strength and speed with the Force.

Thanaton has shown himself to be skilled with the blade. The fact that he wielded a double-bladed lightsaber at one time indicates this. Also remembering he can bolster his strength and speed with the Force.

While right, I wasn't saying he was lacking in dueling skills. Just that his main strength is more with ranged.

Annihilation is listed as a source for her Wookiee article, stating "mention only" so she's in there...

Oh, and most people call it the Pyramid of Ancient knowledge :p

Oh and by the way, wasn't Vowran depicted as powerful along the lines of Marr in that novel?

Well in both Dark Council scenes, Nox isn't mentioned.

And Vowrawn is notably weak in the Sith Warrior storyline, he acts a bit feeble and has lots of bodyguards and is absolutely defenseless when Lord Draahg attacked him with the Force. However he makes up for it in cunning.

Oh and Darth Nox is a he. :jawa_wink:

Well in both Dark Council scenes, Nox isn't mentioned.

And Vowrawn is notably weak in the Sith Warrior storyline, he acts a bit feeble and has lots of bodyguards and is absolutely defenseless when Lord Draahg attacked him with the Force. However he makes up for it in cunning.

Oh and Darth Nox is a he. :jawa_wink:

Oh please. Kreia acted perfectly weak when it suited her. What's to say Vowran wasn't testing the Wrath?

Like hell she is.

See, yet I don't see Thanaton's power being that useful against Fisto... Fisto's a good saber duelist, Very good (Outdueled Grevious pretty easily) and his force power obviously isn't lacking, he created the Aquatic version of Kinetite...
Fisto is a powerful Force user no doubt, but Thanaton is noticeably more powerful. He can summon Force storms, death fields, heal himself and generate streams of lightning. And if Fisto keeps charging Thanaton he'll quickly knock him off his feet. He simply doesn't possess the lightsaber ability to overwhelm Thanaton quickly enough.

Oh please. Kreia acted perfectly weak when it suited her. What's to say Vowran wasn't testing the Wrath?

Like hell she is.

Why would Vowrawn risk his life to 'test' the Wrath? What sense does that make? If the Wrath had failed to kill Draahg the death field would have disintegrated him. The Wrath was sent to protect Vowrawn because presumably he could not protect himself. Really we shouldn't make assumptions like "Oh X was lying" "Y was faking" it just because it suits are argument. Vowrawn had no reason to feign weakness, the writers never gave him reason, and he was openly potrayed as weak. Indeed Wookieepedia draws the following conclusion:

Given his quick defeat at the hands of Lord Draahg and his assumption that he stood little chance against the Emperor's Wrath, it's probable that age had withered his combat abilities by the time of the Cold War. However his true talents were in his formidable charm and cunning, successfully disguising himself as a Republic asset during the battle of Corellia and orchestrating the downfall of Darth Baras, not to mention remaining a member of the Dark Council longer than any of his peers

Also remembering that Baras seemed to believe a lone bounty hunter/assassination droid was enough to kill him. Really I think the writers were attempting to potray Vowrawn as a Sith Lord who while not traditionally powerful, makes us for it in cunning and charm, making him all the more formidable. Much like Darth Xedrix.

EDIT: And Kreia never showed weakness! She just didn't boast, that's all. :p

Edited by Beniboybling

Why would Vowrawn risk his life to 'test' the Wrath? What sense does that make? If the Wrath had failed to kill Draahg the death field would have disintegrated him. The Wrath was sent to protect Vowrawn because presumably he could not protect himself. Really we shouldn't make assumptions like "Oh X was lying" "Y was faking" it just because it suits are argument. Vowrawn had no reason to feign weakness, the writers never gave him reason, and he was openly potrayed as weak. Indeed Wookieepedia draws the following conclusion:

Given his quick defeat at the hands of Lord Draahg and his assumption that he stood little chance against the Emperor's Wrath, it's probable that age had withered his combat abilities by the time of the Cold War. However his true talents were in his formidable charm and cunning, successfully disguising himself as a Republic asset during the battle of Corellia and orchestrating the downfall of Darth Baras, not to mention remaining a member of the Dark Council longer than any of his peers

Also remembering that Baras seemed to believe a lone bounty hunter/assassination droid was enough to kill him. Really I think the writers were attempting to potray Vowrawn as a Sith Lord who while not traditionally powerful, makes us for it in cunning and charm, making him all the more formidable. Much like Darth Xedrix.

EDIT: And Kreia never showed weakness! She just didn't boast, that's all. :p

He had plenty of reason to feign weakness, if he didn't test the Wrath, and it turned out the Wrath wasn't strong enough to take on Baras, Baras would attacked Vowran right there in the Council Chambers.

Let's also not forget that not being able to take out Draahg doesn't make him weak, Vowran was always made out to be the Sorcerer type, cunning, strategic, and damn right Unstoppable in the force, if not shut down by a lightsaber...

Oh, and for the Record, Kreia knocked herself unconcious... Twice, to test the exile :p

*Dooku laugh* A bold claim!

Most LOLworthy post I've seen in a while.

I didn't want to point it out, I felt bad... but now I'm not the first one...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA >.>

*Pictures Mace windu sitting on Darth Marr, with yoda riding around on Mortis' back screaming: A BAD SITH YOU HAVE BEEN*

Edited by Selenial

He had plenty of reason to feign weakness, if he didn't test the Wrath, and it turned out the Wrath wasn't strong enough to take on Baras, Baras would attacked Vowran right there in the Council Chambers.

Let's also not forget that not being able to take out Draahg doesn't make him weak, Vowran was always made out to be the Sorcerer type, cunning, strategic, and damn right Unstoppable in the force, if not shut down by a lightsaber...

Oh, and for the Record, Kreia knocked herself unconcious... Twice, to test the exile :p

Vowrawn knew nothing of the Wrath's mission, in fact he fully believed Vowrawn to be an agent of Baras, and what did he do? He surrendered and allowed himself to be killed. Because he knew he didn't stand a chance.

But lets apply logic to this, how exactly would appearing to be weak test the Wrath? It wouldn't, it would perhaps lull the Wrath into a fall sense of security but Vowrawn had no intention of killing or deceiving him.

Add to that the fact that Baras sent mere bounty hunters armed with blasters to kill him, obviously he did not perceive him as a threat in terms of combat ability. And finally I'd point out that Draahg did not engage Vowrawn in lightsaber combat, but suspended the man supposedly 'unstoppable in the Force' in a death field, which would have disintegrated him if Draahg had not been killed. Regardless of whether Vowrawn was feigning weakness if he was truly powerful, he would have broken free, with the alternative being possible death.

The following videos might make his weakness more apparent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH28wBSMcVU&t=0m59s

Weakest member of the Dark Council - right there.

EDIT: Wait, when did Traya knock herself unconscious.

Edited by Beniboybling

*Dooku laugh* A bold claim!

Most LOLworthy post I've seen in a while.

I meant most incarnations of the Dark Council would defeat most incarnations of the Jedi Council. Altogether the former produces stronger Force wielders. Although of course they would be most likely defeated by the PT Jedi Council, though I doubt their chances if Yoda and Windu were taken out of the equation.

And if Darth Thanaton really is the weakest member of the DC, then even the PT Council will struggle.

But anyway, back on topic, Thanaton > Dooku.

Vowrawn knew nothing of the Wrath's mission, in fact he fully believed Vowrawn to be an agent of Baras, and what did he do? He surrendered and allowed himself to be killed. Because he knew he didn't stand a chance.

But lets apply logic to this, how exactly would appearing to be weak test the Wrath? It wouldn't, it would perhaps lull the Wrath into a fall sense of security but Vowrawn had no intention of killing or deceiving him.

Add to that the fact that Baras sent mere bounty hunters armed with blasters to kill him, obviously he did not perceive him as a threat in terms of combat ability. And finally I'd point out that Draahg did not engage Vowrawn in lightsaber combat, but suspended the man supposedly 'unstoppable in the Force' in a death field, which would have disintegrated him if Draahg had not been killed. Regardless of whether Vowrawn was feigning weakness if he was truly powerful, he would have broken free, with the alternative being possible death.

He knew the Wrath wished to Challenge Baras.

He knew Baras was calling himself the Voice.

He knew the Warrior called himself the Wrath.

The Draahg point is moot, it's pretty obvious the Death Field was designed for exactly that, and I doubt many could escape it...

And Just because he sent Bounty hunters after him doesn't mean he's weak, we all know in those days Bounty hunters knew exactly how to take down Jedi and Sith, perhaps Baras knew it would humiliate Vowrawn and his allies, and Perhaps Baras thought whilst fighting a war for Correllia, Vowrawn would be susceptible to assassination attempts like that...