Time to ungimp assassins

mmjarec

Posting a thread in the wrong forum is an offense. You should request this be moved to the appropriate forum.

Its not the wrong forums as there are other things discussed. If it were on sin forums it would be a shock to have more than five views and one reply. Arent the purpose of forums to have a discussion

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a General Forum for things that don't have a forum dedicated to it. This Thread is about Assassins and belongs in the Assassin Forum and as such I have flagged it to be moved.

Good for you mr hall monitor. Good way to effectively kill any discussion. Dont you think it would make more sense to have more input than jist from asassins.

And no ts not just abou assasins its about class balance as there have been ops, sorcs, powertechs and a multitude of classes discussed. And if its movedi will just make another one more cleverly titled as soon as its moved.

Good for you mr hall monitor. Good way to effectively kill any discussion. Dont you think it would make more sense to have more input than jist from asassins.

And no ts not just abou assasins its about class balance as there have been ops, sorcs, powertechs and a multitude of classes discussed. And if its movedi will just make another one more cleverly titled as soon as its moved.

If you Sin gets a dps boost then my Merc should get the ability to tank and stealth effectively to a desirable level.

Why should your "pure dps" class get good tanking and stealthing abilities whilst my pure dps class does not?

Driz

If you Sin gets a dps boost then my Merc should get the ability to tank and stealth effectively to a desirable level.

Why should your "pure dps" class get good tanking and stealthing abilities whilst my pure dps class does not?

Driz

Since when are Mercs pure dps?

Not that I really give a crap because I hate the shadow/assassin class and don't play it, weak as hell.

Buttttttt those parser numbers don't lie, clearly they are atleast between 200-800 dps off the rest of the game.

The whole class sucks imo, I don't think I could ever stomach getting one to 55, it is just so weak in comparison to the rest.

I see them in my group and think *sigh* here comes the enrage timers.

See them in pvp and think lol, free kills incoming.

They are okay tanks if they are played perfectly if not they are pretty much paper, I would rather have a vanguard/guardian anyday over a shadow tank.

Driz

Why should you get a dps boost you already do more than assassins. They aren t just handing out free buffs.

And cant mercs already tank or heal? Sorcs can heal their dps is more than sins as is any other class that can spec a secondary roll

Sorc heals? Yes

Sorcs better dps? Yes

Ops heals? Yes

Ops dps higher than sins? Yes

Hopefully you see a pattern here

As for the guy about the parses. I feel your pain but can you beleive these guys sit here and tell me the numerous parses i link are somehow wrong and sins are fine

Dont beleive me? Go parse yourself be it vs raids or dummies anyting you can parse against sins are lowest

So I was looking at your rotation and there is a proc. buff in your rotation. That's why you see a flux in your dps. Maybe why the devs think there ok. I'm not telling you to learn to play I just want to throw the idea if you miss it once then yes you would be gimping yourself. And second it looked to me you have to stack it 4 times? If that's the case that's a good amount of time it would take to push that 4x your losing dps. Is this the case?

Because this isn't the class forums. This is the General Forum and I strongly reccomend you move your discussion there since that is the correct forum.

And if you make another cleverly titled but the post is same jibber jabber, then you will be considered spamming the forums and you risk the violation that comes with that.

Do you even think about what you're doing?

So I was looking at your rotation and there is a proc. buff in your rotation. That's why you see a flux in your dps. Maybe why the devs think there ok. I'm not telling you to learn to play I just want to throw the idea if you miss it once then yes you would be gimping yourself. And second it looked to me you have to stack it 4 times? If that's the case that's a good amount of time it would take to push that 4x your losing dps. Is this the case?

Nowhere near correct.

Its 3 charges then discjarge its not a hard rotation. Rotations arent tje problem its the paltry 3k dmg theu do with max stacks. If it were rotation problems the parses of the best players would be on par with other classes. Even the best sins cant parse over 2.8 k

Edited by mmjarec
Sksjd

Nowhere near correct.

Its 3 charges then discjarge its not a hard rotation. Rotations arent tje problem its the paltry 3k dmg theu do with max stacks. If it were rotation problems the parses of the best players would be on par with other classes. Even the best sins cant parse over 2.8 k

Is this what your playing?

http://www.sithspecs.com/sith-inquisitor-assassin/swtor-sith-inquisitor-assassin-build-deception-dps-priority-rotation/

Yeah. Maul needs to crit more or proc more and lower cd on low slash or up discharge Need some kind of auto crit or higher sustainable. Building up three charges just takes too long for the dmg it does shock got nerfed now it does like 2k. Voltaic does 2K and you can only use it two or three times before zero energy. Recklessness cd is too long to be effective consistently

Changing any one of these would put us where we need to be im guessing

Not that I really give a crap because I hate the shadow/assassin class and don't play it, weak as hell.

Buttttttt those parser numbers don't lie, clearly they are atleast between 200-800 dps off the rest of the game.

The whole class sucks imo, I don't think I could ever stomach getting one to 55, it is just so weak in comparison to the rest.

I see them in my group and think *sigh* here comes the enrage timers.

See them in pvp and think lol, free kills incoming.

They are okay tanks if they are played perfectly if not they are pretty much paper, I would rather have a vanguard/guardian anyday over a shadow tank.

A perfect photograph of the situation.

Did you know that as assassin is hard to get a spot even in non heroic FPs? Because the stigma and the infamy are so huge even low content players don't want them around.

I have the same reaction: when I see a sin tank in PvE I know we'll wipe. When I see 2-3 in a WZ I know we'll lose for sure. My main is (was) a shadow, now a sniper and the only blame is to have switched so late.

A perfect photograph of the situation.

Did you know that as assassin is hard to get a spot even in non heroic FPs? Because the stigma and the infamy are so huge even low content players don't want them around.

I have the same reaction: when I see a sin tank in PvE I know we'll wipe. When I see 2-3 in a WZ I know we'll lose for sure. My main is (was) a shadow, now a sniper and the only blame is to have switched so late.

Did you know that what this user just said is complete B.S.?

If you're not in a guild and not queueing up via group finder and trying to get a group via general chat, that's your problem.

You see, if you queue up as a Tank in Group Finder, while trying your hardest to be a tank, that's okay to do.

If you're in a guild and grouping with them for Flashpoints, it wont matter if you're a Shadow/Sin tank as long as you know how to tank period.

If you give up in WZ's because you see 2-3 Shadows/Sins on your team, than that's your fault for not being a team player and being a tiny baby man.

My Main was a Marauder and now it's my Shadow. My only regret is not being able to Dual Wield on my Shadow.

Did you know that what this user just said is complete B.S.?

If you're not in a guild and not queueing up via group finder and trying to get a group via general chat, that's your problem.

You see, if you queue up as a Tank in Group Finder, while trying your hardest to be a tank, that's okay to do.

If you're in a guild and grouping with them for Flashpoints, it wont matter if you're a Shadow/Sin tank as long as you know how to tank period.

If you give up in WZ's because you see 2-3 Shadows/Sins on your team, than that's your fault for not being a team player and being a tiny baby man.

My Main was a Marauder and now it's my Shadow. My only regret is not being able to Dual Wield on my Shadow.

You know whats more bs? Expecting people that use the group finder to shrug off imbalances. Sounds like your trying to convince yourself that making a sin wasnt a waste

You do realize sometimes being a good tank isnt enough when an equally geared jugg can tank same thing easier with less heal stress. My gf can solo world bosses on her jug and be at 100% at end of fight. Try that on a sin tank

You know whats more bs? Expecting people that use the group finder to shrug off imbalances. Sounds like your trying to convince yourself that making a sin wasnt a waste

You do realize sometimes being a good tank isnt enough when an equally geared jugg can tank same thing easier with less heal stress. My gf can solo world bosses on her jug and be at 100% at end of fight. Try that on a sin tank

Do you honestly believe that I would waste my time in this thread if I didn't enjoy my Shadow enough to defend it's Validity?

So your whole last statement comes down to player skill basically, because I can do the same on my Shadow with ease.

Shadowlands is a rather large server where I play a BH as a main. I decided to pull my 55 dps assassin out of hiding even with all the negative press. I asked not only my guild, who clear all HM and partial NM content, but another well known raiding guild that clears it all about my sin's best rotation. Their responses were identical...REROLL. They said noone uses sin dps in ops period. Sorry Bioware but it's time to give sassy dps some attention...I'd sure like to start playing her again.:confused:

Shadowlands is a rather large server where I play a BH as a main. I decided to pull my 55 dps assassin out of hiding even with all the negative press. I asked not only my guild, who clear all HM and partial NM content, but another well known raiding guild that clears it all about my sin's best rotation. Their responses were identical...REROLL. They said noone uses sin dps in ops period. Sorry Bioware but it's time to give sassy dps some attention...I'd sure like to start playing her again.:confused:

What they meant was Re-roll to another server because Jedi Covenant welcomes Shadows and Sins.

Do you honestly believe that I would waste my time in this thread if I didn't enjoy my Shadow enough to defend it's Validity?

So your whole last statement comes down to player skill basically, because I can do the same on my Shadow with ease.

I dont see how l2p is valid since parses have been ran with the best sins in the game and if you bothered running a cursory parse on torparse you would see they are below every class

You claim to be defending sins. By not supporting balancing you are hurting every sin. Explain how its l2p issue? Humor me even though ive proven multiple times you are wrong. Everyone posting here must just suck then and all the parses ever ran must be broke huh?

I dont see how l2p is valid since parses have been ran with the best sins in the game and if you bothered running a cursory parse on torparse you would see they are below every class

You claim to be defending sins. By not supporting balancing you are hurting every sin. Explain how its l2p issue? Humor me even though ive proven multiple times you are wrong. Everyone posting here must just suck then and all the parses ever ran must be broke huh?

I support balancing 100% what I don't support is doomsayers coming in and claiming the sky is falling when it comes to this or that when it's not that bad. It's fine.

Do Sins and Shadows need a buff? In my opinion, No, because based on my own experience from playing my Shadow Tank, they are fine right now. Will I throw hands if they do get buffed? No, that would be silly.

I think you should start preparing yourself, in case they decide to come out and tell you you're wrong and they're fine.

I support balancing 100% what I don't support is doomsayers coming in and claiming the sky is falling when it comes to this or that when it's not that bad. It's fine.

Do Sins and Shadows need a buff? In my opinion, No, because based on my own experience from playing my Shadow Tank, they are fine right now. Will I throw hands if they do get buffed? No, that would be silly.

I think you should start preparing yourself, in case they decide to come out and tell you you're wrong and they're fine.

I think they already did and that's his problem. But there response to that is the devs are wrong. Been going around in a circle for days now.

So apparently your opinion is the one and only truth and should balance according to you and disregarded everyone else as well as factual parses that prove you wrong. It doesnt matter what you think when facts prove otherwise. Go tank nightmare mode and get back to me. If you javet then you habe no leg to stand on

So apparently your opinion is the one and only truth and should balance according to you and disregarded everyone else as well as factual parses that prove you wrong. It doesnt matter what you think when facts prove otherwise. Go tank nightmare mode and get back to me. If you javet then you habe no leg to stand on

It's obvious this thread is a waste of time, seeing how it's in the wrong forum and several other users have proved you wrong. Have fun being wrong, chicken little or whatever your goofy mcdonald's sandwich name is.

It's obvious this thread is a waste of time, seeing how it's in the wrong forum and several other users have proved you wrong. Have fun being wrong, chicken little or whatever your goofy mcdonald's sandwich name is.

I tried warning you lol and I think that's the ham burglar lol!! Or we're you think of grimace lol.