Bioware looking for SWTOR testers (starting October)

Pietrastor

Bioware....you want to improve PVP? Use your current starship GUI system for the SSSP for PVP between players.....different stats, different specials. Easy to balance, doesnt touch PVE, makes playing simple and fun.

Not our ships. I like the Idea of Different ships to fly, sounds cool...

Especially because some characters have unique ships, and PVP Is designed to be so it's not actually our characters competing in lore, and it would have to be that way in Space too...

4 classes/ 8 advanced is wayyyy too many. Merging force users into one and the non-force users into one. much more easy to balance and you will like it because you will be luke skywalker

*Vein appears on Forehead in rage*

Not our ships. I like the Idea of Different ships to fly, sounds cool...

Especially because some characters have unique ships, and PVP Is designed to be so it's not actually our characters competing in lore, and it would have to be that way in Space too...

Actually, what I meant was that you get a separate simple attack gui for the SSSP, which gives you new specials on a single bar, and very simplified controls.

I suggest the same thing for PVP overall. A simplified single bar with perhaps 5 or 6 abilities, a vastly reduced set of stats and make it easy to approach and play, challenging to master but above all fun.

Doing so would make balance a very easy affair.

n.g.e.

what is this n.g.e. of which you speak?

could it be? - n.g.e.

or this? - n.g.e.

or maybe this? - n.g.e.

google can be fun - :rolleyes:

no matter what BioWare does some people some where will make up some reason to complain. if for no other reason than to complain

if nothing else the employment ad shows BioWares commitment to swtor and it's growth as a triple A mmo.

space combat in a PvP environment? now that sounds cool - :cool: - almost wish I lived in Austin... :p

Yeah, but now it just seems like all SSSP will be is PvP, which don't get me wrong, is great. But...hm maybe we should be grateful for what we wind up with lol.

Not sure what you were expecting out of the project. The only thing I can think of is mining like in EvE. Unless you wanted to fight PvE mobs in space off the rails? Which sounds rather boring to me :S

Not sure what you were expecting out of the project. The only thing I can think of is mining like in EvE. Unless you wanted to fight PvE mobs in space off the rails? Which sounds rather boring to me :S

I hear you, but as an example, in star trek online the PvE space combat can be a lot of fun and the PvP combat is great.

different games? of course. but STO shows what off the rails space combat can be like in both PvE and PvP mmo environments. hopefully the sssp lives up to all the hype. I'm looking forward to finding out.

Edited by magecutter

The fact that they are hiring testers instead of having a closed Beta invite type of thing makes me wonder if it is the SSSP or if it is a revamp of the entire PvP system that would separate it from the PvE side of the game.

Either one might require the kind of non-disclosure you could only really ensure with employees instead of beta testers. Wouldn't be a bad "foot in the door" type of gig for an aspiring EA/BW employee.