I took a day off for this?

macerone

Not a lot of things burn me up more than this. I NEEDED a day to just screw off, rest, relax. The wife and kids are out of the house, I'm all alone, the house is mine. This is the most rare occasion. SWTor is how I planned to spend it, ugh!

Not a lot of things burn me up more than this. I NEEDED a day to just screw off, rest, relax. The wife and kids are out of the house, I'm all alone, the house is mine. This is the most rare occasion. SWTor is how I planned to spend it, ugh!

Why would you take a day off on patch day when 99.9% of the problems happen?

Sorry to hear that, broski. Out of the entire population of players, this kind of extended maintenance tends to find that ONE person who was planning on vegging in front of their monitor, killing defenseless jawas for a few hours. Just sucks that it happened to be you.

What I want to know, is why as simple patch is taking so long to apply. Not like they are instituting a whole bunch of ****. The original Estimate was 7:30. It is now 1 o'clock. I mean, I wouldn't even be so irritated if they would at least let everyone on twitter know WHY this is taking so long.

What I want to know, is why as simple patch is taking so long to apply. Not like they are instituting a whole bunch of ****. The original Estimate was 7:30. It is now 1 o'clock. I mean, I wouldn't even be so irritated if they would at least let everyone on twitter know WHY this is taking so long.

I see this is your first patch day in your first MMO, so welcome to the genre!

It's not a simple patch. They're adding in-game purchasing of cartel coins (so you don't have to alt-tab out to the website). I'm guessing that is the problem they are having with it.

You blame BWEA for your own lack of reliable precognitive abilities?

Threads like these crack me up. Thanks for the laugh OP, my day is a little better now.

I liken this to the "Stubbed Toe" humor in my house. When someone stubs/breaks their toe around here, the house comes alive with hoots and hollers, we all gather to observe the carnage, and giggle as we scamper away, leaving smiles on all our faces for the rest of the day or night.

This is my kind of humor, I'm glad you can appreciate it.

I see this is your first patch day in your first MMO, so welcome to the genre!

Wrong. But never had a game that complicates things, provides no details on what is taking so long, then says they have no ETA. ETA is literally ESTIMATED, they cannot even give a round about number? But I expected quite a few idiots to be on their *****.

Wrong. But never had a game that complicates things, provides no details on what is taking so long, then says they have no ETA. ETA is literally ESTIMATED, they cannot even give a round about number? But I expected quite a few idiots to be on their *****.

Twitter:

We currently have no ETA regarding when the #SWTOR servers will be available again. Thank you for your ongoing patience!

You blame BWEA for your own lack of reliable precognitive abilities?

Oh I blame EA for A lot of things, Motor City Online, Earth and Beyond, Madden, and their magical ability to turn gold into crap. But today, I don't particularly blame anyone for a development process. I'm just sharing my Humor.

That is not a massive feature. This seems like something they could have released the game with. Either which way, this is more than a problem. There is No ETA, and they are late by hours. Seems like they could have had all this figured out before they applied the patch.

A way to purchase Cartel Coins in game would've been pointless to have in the game at release considering Cartel Coins didn't come along until months later when the sub model fell on its' face.

As in you expect them to be fired or you expect that they are just sitting around doing nothing?

Okay let me ask this, did they have a patch after they introduced Cartel Coins? They should have either released the window WITH the cartel coins, or the first patch afterwards. I personally think they should have release the window to buy the coins, the same time they released the damn things.

you can always go outside instead of playing video games

Ya sorry If I dont want to use fail twitter or facebook or some other dumb crap thing, when I should be seeing updates from the game I pay for, from the website forums of that game.

So....Ill be waiting for my update, from where it should be coming from....

You are an idiot. They had the update on the game launcher. I knew this was coming since last night, so did anyone who LOOKS for updates everyday. You have no reason to complain, because your problem stems from your own ineptitude.

Edited by x-Resurgence-x
typo

It isn't personal. I know it feels that way but it's not and they are working on it. That said I can see why he picked today as maintenance days used to be Tuesday and they didn't give us notice the servers were going down until late last night.