Please add DYEs to the COLLECTIONS

NeoWolf

Okay I realise the intent with dyes was probably meant to get folks to keep buying the dye packs in the hopes of getting the dye color they want seeing as the crafted dye selection is so limited and the rep vendors selections so varied.

BUT why are dyes not a part of the collections system like everything else? You would still get folks spending cartel coins on them in order to get the colors they want and to unlock them for thier account.

PLEASe Bioware add Dyes to the collections system.

Okay I realise the intent with dyes was probably meant to get folks to keep buying the dye packs in the hopes of getting the dye color they want seeing as the crafted dye selection is so limited and the rep vendors selections so varied.

BUT why are dyes not a part of the collections system like everything else? You would still get folks spending cartel coins on them in order to get the colors they want and to unlock them for thier account.

I know this isn't a petition but...

/SIGNED!

I'm not trying to defend BW, but I can see two possible reasons why dyes are not in the collections interface.

BW has not put other one use items such as XP boosts in the collections interface. Keeping dyes out of the collections interface would be consistent with this policy.

People can claim that players will still buy dyes, and BW will still make money. Yes, BW may still SOME dyes, but not as many. Once a player has the color combination that they want in their collections, they can simply make one for free anytime they want. This is the reason people want it in the collections interface in the first place.

As it stands now, Timmy who wants black/black for five of his characters would have to buy five dyes, one for each character. If they were to put dyes into the collections interface, Timmy would only have to buy one dye and then unlock it and he can create as many dyes as he wants for his characters for FREE.

From a business perspective, why would BW add dyes to the collections interface when it would ultimately reduce their revenue?

I

As it stands now, Timmy who wants black/black for five of his characters would have to buy five dyes, one for each character. If they were to put dyes into the collections interface, Timmy would only have to buy one dye and then unlock it and he can create as many dyes as he wants for his characters for FREE.

From a business perspective, why would BW add dyes to the collections interface when it would ultimately reduce their revenue?

Actually this sin't the case at all. In both instances a player would only need ONE dye, not Five. The only extra thing a free to player person would need is "unify Color unlock". With a single Black dye in the chest piece you can unify it to make ALL your armor (or just the pieces you want) to appear black whether they had a dye in or not.

Actually this sin't the case at all. In both instances a player would only need ONE dye, not Five. The only extra thing a free to player person would need is "unify Color unlock". With a single Black dye in the chest piece you can unify it to make ALL your armor (or just the pieces you want) to appear black whether they had a dye in or not.

You are incorrect in your thinking.

Yes, you can unify to chest and have ONE character in black with a single black/black dye, but Timmy wants to dress 5 characters in black. As it stands now, Timmy would have to buy FIVE dyes, one for the chest piece of each character he wishes to have in black.

If they add dyes to the collections interface, then Timmy would only need one black/black dye. Once he unlocks that dye in the collections interface, he would be able to create as many as he wants, whenever he wants, for FREE. Thus he would not be buying those 5 dyes he needs now to dress his characters in black, and BW loses the revenue from 4 dyes. Multiply that by 1000, 10,000 or more Timmys and BW could potentially lose a substantial amount of revenue.

this question can be applied to the collections model as a whole.

personally, i'm all for adding CM dyes to collections.

this question can be applied to the collections model as a whole.

personally, i'm all for adding CM dyes to collections.

You are correct. I think, however, that there is much more potential for recurring revenue from the dyes than the armors, etc.

I can only speak for myself, but I do not want all my characters and companions in the same armor. I choose the armor to suit the wearer. While I prefer the armors to be different, color co-ordination is a different matter. I would like my characters and companions to be somewhat color coordinated.

Once again, I am not trying to defend BW, simply putting my two cents in as to possible reasons why dyes have not yet been, and may not ever be, added to collections.