Scoundrel Top 3 Final Revisions

oaceen

just to let everyone know, CourtneyWoods sent me a PM to ask if these questions were ready.

i only just now saw it and responded, so we probably won't get a response that they've been submitted until monday.

Damn you, Oac! You killed my entertainment for the weekend!

Just kidding =P Keep up the good work.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me know how that works for you :p

Yeah... don't hold your breath waiting on that one, probably not going to do it. :mon_tongue:

Interested in seeing the answers, even though I know it will be a bit. I'm hopeful that the work on our questions and the lessons learned from the last round of answers will help us get some more detailed responses (though they may not be agreeing with what we want, of course). Still, fingers crossed on some adjustments. I don't really think we need a ton, but we need a little.

These were some of the frontrunning issues that I was looking at when considering my operative questions.

I like these 3 questions a lot and I hope they have some good answers.

Good, hopefully you can move on to new issues or further clarify (or maybe argue) their responses. *crosses fingers again*

i completely forgot when i woke up, but something tells me they'll have the day off today.

is today some holiday or something? (i kid)

but anyway, i think we won't get any confirmation until tomorrow, but i may die of anxiety by then waiting on the answers. i just hope i can read them from the afterlife.

oh, and yay for Morde_ stamp of approval! :rak_03:

• Dev Post
i completely forgot when i woke up, but something tells me they'll have the day off today.

is today some holiday or something? (i kid)

but anyway, i think we won't get any confirmation until tomorrow, but i may die of anxiety by then waiting on the answers. i just hope i can read them from the afterlife.

oh, and yay for Morde_ stamp of approval! :rak_03:

We do in fact have off for Labor Day :) Thank you for gathering and submitting the top 3. I will pass these on!

-eric

Dem answers...

Devs must be thinking really hard. Either that or Labor Day partying was a bit of overkill in Austin.

There's been most of a work week that goes by before answers are given, and since I'm guessing they'll want to avoid giving answers on a Friday again, it might not be until next Monday before we get answers. I can hope for today or tomorrow, I suppose, but I won't hold my breath.

He means having the questions redone in a new thread, which would be locked and nobody would be able to comment in the thread. Users would, in turn, just simply refer back to this thread though. Especially since no other class questions threads have been locked. Edited by randiesel

He means having the questions redone in a new thread, which would be locked and nobody would be able to comment in the thread. Users would, in turn, just simply refer back to this thread though. Especially since no other class questions threads have been locked.

the answers take a week, so even if it were submitted on time, they wouldn't have them up until this friday.

i think they're probably going answer them on monday, so the community team doesn't post them and leave for the weekend like last time.

I would like to offer my kudos to the Scoundrel representative. I feel very strongly that the other reps who have had their questions responded to have not had the same experiences with the classes as myself. However these three questions are very promising, show great understanding of not only the class but the purpose of these threads. I am eagerly awaiting the response from the developers.

One minor thing that irks me is that things that apply to multiple classes can't be put up against the devs.

There's minor things, like "Why did you change quick shot?" (Not that it's a major community thing, just something that irked me personally, as now quick shot sounds even weaker than flurry of bolts) but then you've got the more painful things, like soloing with a stealth class.

Disappearing Act and the like cannot be used when you're solo, it resets the enemy health bars. So, Shoot First is a once only attack. I can't reapply tranq dart (although it wouldn't count in normal play either, TBH, because it doesn't work on enemies in combat). I'd love it if there was at least a delay before the enemies jumped back to their starting positions, say the duration of the healing debuff?

The other thing is that companions are locked into the same stealth state you're in, and it drives me crazy. I can't have Corso jump out of stealth and grab aggro for me, so that he takes the alpha strike while I follow with a sneak attack. Know what would happen if I always opened the fight instead of a tank in a flashpoint? I'd get kicked so fast I wouldn't even have time to say "Sorry". If I want HK to kill a target, then I sacrifice my own opener for it. Sure, I could use DA for it afterwards, but the rate he builds target eliminated is much faster than the cooldown.

Anyway, I doubt these are community concerns. But they're MY concerns, and it annoys me that because they apply to more than one class, they can't really be suggested in one of the top 3 questions.

If I'm way off topic here, apologies.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Just a heads up. As I hinted at last round of top 3, we are no longer going to provide answers on Fridays. This way we can hang around and chat a bit and not just "drop the mic" on ya. I am aiming to have them to you Monday, I will at the least give you an update then. Have a great weekend.

-eric

Hey folks,

Just a heads up. As I hinted at last round of top 3, we are no longer going to provide answers on Fridays. This way we can hang around and chat a bit and not just "drop the mic" on ya. I am aiming to have them to you Monday, I will at the least give you an update then. Have a great weekend.

-eric

Pretty much as we thought, but thanks for the heads up. It'll help the more impatient types as well. :D