HoloNet News Exclusive Interview: Baron Deathmark

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baron Deathmark's avatar is blinking...he's watching us. Even when not in the Huttball arena, he wants to make sure we aren't kicking the ball.

But Baron, I have to ask you this: A long while ago, Powertechs used to be able to grapple people to the Rotworm and Frogdog starting area to inta-kill them, even if they had they ball. If they did have the ball, they would not score. Since you encourage "weapons, name-calling, and cheating" why did the Hutts enforce this change?

You think they'd enjoy a chance to watch someone get blown to bits immediately before scoring...

Sorry Community service team. I know you guys wanted to lighten things up with this Baron Deathmark thing and try to get past the whole "H2F" and "L2P" incident but the community itself just isn't having it.

I'm afraid if you want us to move on and play with us you'll have to address the issue first.

We will not be silenced until the issue of a community manager running around and telling the entirety of one class to l2p and the entirety of another class that they have mental illness ("perception problems" is a well known euphemism therefor) is properly and professionally addressed.

Bioware is already on notice that the only reason why I haven't canceled my sub yet is because I recognize that this occurred on a Friday afternoon and I am watching their response now at the start of the new business week. I spoke to Customer Service at length about why this is unacceptable this morning (maybe it's a hopeful sign that said call got escalated?).

Dear Baron Deathmark

I'm a very big fan of you, but sadly I'm here tonight to give you a confession. I was preparing for the Huttball match here earlier on this week with the rest of my Rotworm team, it was there I realised why we've won all of the latest Huttball matches. The guy Daxter (You know the big cyborg who kept scoring last night constantly, him with the red cybernetic eye.) actually had a little hidden magnetic device under his gloves.

I'm so ashamed of myself to have enjoyed being on the same team as this guy, and I'm really ashamed of stabbing him in the back right now.. But I'm afraid that it would've turned down the Frogdogs moral too much if it had continued, in worst case maybe even make them drop huttball as a sport. I'm just thinking about all of the fans out there who would've been so dissapointed not to hear your (amazing, beautiful, fantastic, wonderful and I can go on and on and on..) voice yell out the rules again at the next Huttball match.

Actually, I really feel better now having admitted this.. You're truely an amazing person, thank you Baron Deathmark.

PS: I should ask from my daughter, Catherine. If you would like to sign her favorite poster of you, it would truely inspire her to become such a great athlete as yourself.

Sincerely

Your biggest fan

Dreak Nighren

Hey everyone!

Check out Lamalla Rann's exclusive interview with the legend himself, Baron Deathmark!

I am told that, if his schedule permits, he may stop by in the thread today...

Well Im sure I cant be the only one who wants to know exactly how he knows what a greased Hutt feels like. He's the guy who said it,now I for one want to know how he knows.

1- What class is Baron Deathmark? Sniper or Marauder ?

2- Will you sell "heal to full" titles at cartel market at 10 cc?

3- Is this part of a new eexpansion pack with reroll to marauder/operative kits?

4- When we can buy "perception problem's vaccine" at Cartel Hangar?

Baron Deathmark! Is it true you are a secret half-blood born of the lesser known Alderaan royal house of the Deathmark? Or is your title "Baron" nothing more than a lie to enlarge your fame and ego? And is it true you have been "modifying" the games to only face the Frogdogs and Rotworms against eachother, putting countless other teams out of business? What ever happened to the rooky minor-league teams of the Sithspit, the Reprats, and the Huttkissers?

What do you have to say for yourself, "Baron"?!

Alderaan? Nonsense! Giradda the Hutt named me his Baron of Blood Sports, and that's all there is to it. As for the team matchups, well, Giradda picks the brackets around lunchtime every day, so maybe there's a bit of crossover happening with his menu. All I know is, I haven't been bored with a single Frog-Dog/Rotworm matchup yet.

All I know is, I haven't been bored with a single Frog-Dog/Rotworm matchup yet.

is that because there was no heal to full so people actually died? because with heal to full matches would get boring i imagine.

Alderaan? Nonsense! Giradda the Hutt named me his Baron of Blood Sports, and that's all there is to it. As for the team matchups, well, Giradda picks the brackets around lunchtime every day, so maybe there's a bit of crossover happening with his menu. All I know is, I haven't been bored with a single Frog-Dog/Rotworm matchup yet.

amazing title one day ill beat u deathmark and we all know how much of a sore loser u are:eek:

Great, more PvP junk so that PvP players can whine even more on fleets. And completely useless for those who don't give a womprat's tail about the boring mindless grind that the PvP is. Pretty much a whole update which is completely useless.

Greetings BD,

I just have a couple questions for you, if you have the time. What is your favorite automated deathtrap and are there any new death traps that you hope to have added to any new Huttball arenas you may or may not be working on currently?

Thanks!

So, arena sized huttball?

I guess it'll make those heartwrenching clean sweeps a lot less common, seeing as one well organized team of moderately good players can beat a team of eight experts with no interest in working together.

I really hate huttball sweeps.

To the most honorable Baron Deathmark,

I saw you play Huttball 10 years ago, before I became a cyborg when I was a wee little laddie and you were my idol. There were smashes, 12k ambushes and stun bubbles everywhere but you MADE THEM PAY!!!!!!!! I mean, you had quite the amount of speed and your were the LOS-ingest LOS-er who ever LOS-ed. And then at the crucial moment you executed the piece de resistance, the HEAL TO FULL!!!!!!!!! I cried and then I started speaking Rakata and I don't even know Rakata!!!!!! A true master was at work that day and I'm sorry that my humble Vanguard self cannot follow in your footsteps.

Regards,

Kalro

Frankly this doesn't sound at all like the hard-hitting journalist I bumped into on Ord Mantell. You've sold out, Rann! You sound like a shopping holo host! Stop pandering to your interviewee and sink your teeth in, dammit!

I already asked if it sounded like she was flirting to anyone else.

That was interesting, unsure if Deathmark's still there. But just in case: Baron Deathmark, what exactly does this huttball-centric health routine entail, and when will the world be able to pay 50 credits for a lifetime of fitness? (and a tip, if sales go poorly, have some poor scrawny guy dress as a Darth Baras who used the program, and have him say how it changed his life).