PVP Gunnery Stat Priority?

enthrop

Just trying to figure out which pieces of Partisan gear to buy... while I know we're the "Eliminator" items, I don't always like an item's distribution, and would prefer to get the tech or combat medic item if it has better stats.

But, I don't know what the stat priority is! According to Noxxic, it is:

Expertise > Aim >= Accuracy (105%) > Surge (70%) > Power > Crit (25%) > Alacrity

Can anyone confirm if this is accurate? And Acc of 105%... someone know about how much acc that is?

Just trying to figure out which pieces of Partisan gear to buy... while I know we're the "Eliminator" items, I don't always like an item's distribution, and would prefer to get the tech or combat medic item if it has better stats.

Expertise > Aim >= Accuracy (105%) > Surge (70%) > Power > Crit (25%) > Alacrity

Can anyone confirm if this is accurate? And Acc of 105%... someone know about how much acc that is?

Don't go for accuracy, just go for the power/surge mods/enhancements. Then you'll be fine.

don't ever trust noxxic. it's notoriously awful at giving false information.

as far as accuracy goes, you'll get 3% from Target Lock and 1% from companion affection, so you're already at 104% without any from gear. if you really want to get that last 1%, you'll only need one enhancement, implant, or earpiece to do it.

and all of that said, that above poster is right though. sadly, crit is almost entirely useless, and you won't want much or any accuracy, so you basically want to go all power / surge

Edited by oaceen

You need to get the full Eliminator set bonus first and foremost, irregardless of what stats it comes with. The set bonus is huge, and you can min/max later.

For belt/bracers/implants/earpiece, you want high aim/low power. I know Im using the Combat Tech bracers, and not sure which belt im using (but it is +power)

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Awesome, so as a recap, this is my shopping list (in no particular order):

MH Weapon (Eliminator) - 128 AIM, 63 Power, 60 Surge

OH Weapon (Medic) - 128 AIM, 63 Power, 60 Surge (Eliminator one has alacrity instead of surge)

Head (Eliminator) - Power/Alacrity (Medic & Tech are Crit/Alacrity, so I decide Eliminator still better)

Feet (Eliminator) - Power/Surge

Chest (Eliminator): Eliminator is Crit/Surge, Medic/Tech is Power/Surge

Hands (Medic): Eliminator is Crit/Acc, Medic is Power/Surge

Legs (Eliminator): Eliminator is Crit/Acc, Tech is Power/Acc, Medic is Power/Alacrity *Forced for 4-pc Bonus

Wrist (Tech) - 128 AIM, 24 Power

Belt (Tech) - 128 AIM, 24 Power

Ear (Tech) - Power/Surge (Medic is Power/Alacrity, Eliminator is Crit/Surge)

Implant (Medic) - Power/Surge ( Elim/Tech has Power/Acc, but I'm told that Acc isn't needed?)

This is of course trying to maximize gain from initial purpose.. since most of my comms will be going to buying items before I can go back and buy replacement mods.

Edited by enthrop

Awesome, so as a recap, this is my shopping list (in no particular order):

MH Weapon (Eliminator) - 128 AIM, 63 Power, 60 Surge

OH Weapon (Medic) - 128 AIM, 63 Power, 60 Surge (Eliminator one has alacrity instead of surge)

Head (Eliminator) - Power/Alacrity (Medic & Tech are Crit/Alacrity, so I decide Eliminator still better)

Feet (Eliminator) - Power/Surge

Chest (Eliminator): Eliminator is Crit/Surge, Medic/Tech is Power/Surge

Hands (Medic): Eliminator is Crit/Acc, Medic is Power/Surge

Legs (Eliminator): Eliminator is Crit/Acc, Tech is Power/Acc, Medic is Power/Alacrity *Forced for 4-pc Bonus

Wrist (Tech) - 128 AIM, 24 Power

Belt (Tech) - 128 AIM, 24 Power

Ear (Tech) - Power/Surge (Medic is Power/Alacrity, Eliminator is Crit/Surge)

Implant (Medic) - Power/Surge ( Elim/Tech has Power/Acc, but I'm told that Acc isn't needed?)

This is of course trying to maximize gain from initial purpose.. since most of my comms will be going to buying items before I can go back and buy replacement mods.

Looks good

Looks good

I tend to get all eliminator because BW had a history of changing the stats from WH -> EWH or when new gear sets come out. Make sure you take into account that 2.4 is around the corner and Conqueror gear will be significantly cheaper Oct 1st once that patch hits. It may be more economical depending on the amount of time u have to play to save comms till this patch.

• 2 months later...

I must be missing something. Isn't target lock a bounty hunter skill? Are you talking about grav round, or is there an equivalent in commando for target lock that gives the accuracy boost?

don't ever trust noxxic. it's notoriously awful at giving false information.

as far as accuracy goes, you'll get 3% from Target Lock and 1% from companion affection, so you're already at 104% without any from gear. if you really want to get that last 1%, you'll only need one enhancement, implant, or earpiece to do it.

and all of that said, that above poster is right though. sadly, crit is almost entirely useless, and you won't want much or any accuracy, so you basically want to go all power / surge

I must be missing something. Isn't target lock a bounty hunter skill? Are you talking about grav round, or is there an equivalent in commando for target lock that gives the accuracy boost?

Target Lock is a tier one talent in the Assault tree that gives HIB and Full Auto armor pen, plus 3% accuracy increase. Its pretty much a "must take" in any Mando DPS build.

• 2 weeks later...