Nerf Kolto Bomb

NotAnyOldName

So if you have played a Commando and a Mercenary, especially as healers, you will no doubt feel a lag in the animation of Kolto Missile as opposed to Kolto Bomb. I have done some quick testing by recording myself shoot the respective abilities on the ground near my characters feet and then noted by the millisecond when the global was activated and then when the abilities heal number comes up on my screen and I found KB took 0.58 of a second while KM took 0.98 of a second. That comes to 0.4 of second difference in the abilities taking affect according to my screen, which is not something completely game breaking but is something that is quite frustrating and requires a slightly different approach between the two. It also results in KM missing more often then KB.

So an animation speed increase would be much appreciated, what do you guys think of this? :rak_02:

Please note that my testing is not extensive but you can feel the difference even without any solid proof.

Edited by NotAnyOldName

I completely agree, I find the difference in cast time very, very frustrating - it says "instant" on the details but its DEFINITELY NOT INSTANT. I have both high level Commando and Merc healer, and I find my Commando healer just feels "better" overall. So many times my Merc's Kolto missile will miss (Yes, its a L2p issue, but I find the difference just dumb considering they are "Mirror classes") whereas my Commando lands 99% of the time. Another thing is the delay on the knockback, Jet Boost feels like it takes like 0.5 seconds longer then the Commando's knockback which is instant. People used to rage about the Death From Above > Mortar Volley which was eventually addressed and fixed, but these issues still remain and overlooked - or they just can't be bothered doing anything about it. These are minor issues but do affect the overall effectiveness of the class, so I also hope it gets fixed. :)

So if you have played a Commando and a Mercenary, especially as healers, you will no doubt feel a lag in the animation of Kolto Missile as opposed to Kolto Bomb. I have done some quick testing by recording myself shoot the respective abilities on the ground near my characters feet and then noted by the millisecond when the global was activated and then when the abilities heal number comes up on my screen and I found KB took 0.58 of a second while KM took 0.98 of a second. That comes to 0.4 of second difference in the abilities taking affect according to my screen, which is not something completely game breaking but is something that is quite frustrating and requires a slightly different approach between the two. It also results in KM missing more often then KB.

So an animation speed increase would be much appreciated, what do you guys think of this? :rak_02:

Please note that my testing is not extensive but you can feel the difference even without any solid proof.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the Merc KM animation sucked. I wish it were just Kolto Missle, but it seems to happen to me on a lot of the Merc skills that the GCD is done and the animation has just started on what is supposed to be an instant cast. None of my other characters seem to have these issues.. or at least they aren't as noticeable.

Kolto Bomb and Kolto Missile cannot "miss". The heal is determined by who is in the target area when you activate the ability. This is easiest to see if you get someone to fly past you on a speeder (or even better, use Force Speed or some other rapid gap closer). Lob a Kolto Missile at their current location. The missile will hit empty space, but you will see the green flytext appear over them in their current, very far removed location.

The bigger problem with this ability is the fact that its flight time is proportional to the distance, which makes it essentially useless on TfB's second phase (three GCDs to give the tank a minor heal; yay!).

Kolto Bomb and Kolto Missile cannot "miss". The heal is determined by who is in the target area when you activate the ability. This is easiest to see if you get someone to fly past you on a speeder (or even better, use Force Speed or some other rapid gap closer). Lob a Kolto Missile at their current location. The missile will hit empty space, but you will see the green flytext appear over them in their current, very far removed location.

The bigger problem with this ability is the fact that its flight time is proportional to the distance, which makes it essentially useless on TfB's second phase (three GCDs to give the tank a minor heal; yay!).

Kolto Bomb and Kolto Missile can "miss". I'm talking about PvP, you lob it at the ground and they leap or run away before it lands. The fact that Bomb is FASTER then Missile makes it much less likely you will miss. Also, yes, it comes down to player "skill" to predict, but the fact is, Bomb can throw at the ground where they are, Missile has to throw infront of PREDICT where they will be MUCH more then Bomb due to the ability delay. This is completely different in PvE obviously, but people move very erratically in PvP.

So the title of the thread should be "Buff Kolto Missile"....

/sarcasm. Its meant to grab people attention and make them read it..