2.4 Merc Changes So Far

Molltor

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=671978

OK so I know its early days with the PTS and potential changes and what have you but using Bioware's history from previous PTS and patch notes I'm very concerned.

The only thing they plan to address for Mercs is:

1. Flamethrower heat cost reduced by 1 heat....
  2. Upfront TD damage increase but a nerf to its DOT
  3. Reduction in heat cost of IM by 6 heat and nerfing its damage

Now, I may be an old Pyro fanatic but what the hell are they thinking so far? An Increase in burst for Pyro is of course a good thing, but a nerf to its overall damage? Did the spec really need that?

Also, no mention of alterations for Bodyguard what so ever. So a sub par healing spec will remain sub par as there are no impending nerfs for the other healing classes.

I may be on my own with this train of thought, but Bioware seemingly do not want either of those 2 specs playing this game in any of their competitive environments.

Merc pyro is so bad it doesn't need balancing, it needs buffs, a lot and big ones. Also they said these changes are not final and they'll do more balancing after they see how each spec does in arenas

Thats precisely my point. Pyro was already so broken why not take the opportunity make some fixes beforehand. The talent tree needs an overhaul, not adjustments/balancing. As for Bodyguard, that couldve done with tweaks to see how far they needed to go to make it viable.

At least if they had done this, it wouldve given us an impression of where they believed the specs are heading, allowing us to provide plenty of feedback/ideas versus the changes they came up with.

Thats precisely my point. Pyro was already so broken why not take the opportunity make some fixes beforehand. The talent tree needs an overhaul, not adjustments/balancing. As for Bodyguard, that couldve done with tweaks to see how far they needed to go to make it viable.

At least if they had done this, it would've given us an impression of where they believed the specs are heading, allowing us to provide plenty of feedback/ideas versus the changes they came up with.

As far as I can tell all it really needs is for sweeping blasters to proc railshot and a reduction in IM heat cost. Having railshot spread the existing combustible gas cylinder would be nice too

Edited by Delmyr

Merc pyro is so bad it doesn't need balancing, it needs buffs, a lot and big ones. Also they said these changes are not final and they'll do more balancing after they see how each spec does in arenas

No need to "wait and see" ... they waited around since RotHC was released and the most meaningful balancing change since then was a "+15% movement speed" adjustment for juggernaut dds.

The term FotM was used in many other MMOs, but we might want to adjust that to "favorite of the year" to match Biowares balancing efforts.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=671978

OK so I know its early days with the PTS and potential changes and what have you but using Bioware's history from previous PTS and patch notes I'm very concerned.

Oh wow, just read the PTS patch notes. What are they trying to do to poor pyro players now? Reduce damage .....again?

They need to straight out buff Pyro, both in initial damage and dot abilities, not one way or the other. That talent tree is so weak now I just don't see any utility for it in pvp or pve environments. I used to play Pyro once upon a time :(

There isn't going to be any meaningful change for Merc dps in 2.4. BW believes the classes are all essentially balanced now. Whatever changes occur will be cosmetic appeasements to the player base. For instance reducing heat cost of Flamethrower from 25 to 24 and reducing damage slightly.

Read into that what you will. That's the situation.

No need to "wait and see" ... they waited around since RotHC was released and the most meaningful balancing change since then was a "+15% movement speed" adjustment for juggernaut dds.

The term FotM was used in many other MMOs, but we might want to adjust that to "favorite of the year" to match Biowares balancing efforts.

I agree with you 100%, but still that's what they said, not sure if they mean it or just an excuse...

Mercenary

Pyrotech

Degauss has been redesigned: Activating Chaff Flare increases your defense chance by 12.5/25% for 6 seconds.

-------

anyone else really mad about this HUGE nerf?

Not trying to sound rude, but how is this a nerf? Chaff Flare was just a weaker version of Hydraulic Overrides with a longer cooldown.

Also, just so you know, this change to Degauss was just for Pyro/Assault.

Edited by ScytheEleven

nevermind, i was assuming they changed it for all mercs, but its just pyrotechs.

i guess the threat drop, force/tech negation is up pretty highin the middle tree...

ive never even tried pyrotech so this doesnt affect me. got deguass comfused with decoy

Edited by dipstik