is pyro back?

OldSpiceSwag

Speaking from a Powertech point of view.

Just looking at the patch notes I'd go with no. How are you supposed to slow your target to keep them in range or kite them effectively (outside of Hydraulic Overrides)?

Sweltering Heat applies its slow every time CGC is applied. Most commonly this was done with the 100% chance given to Flame Burst as a result of the Bursting Flame talent.

Sweltering Heat still is a underwhelming 30% slow for 2 seconds, but now can only be applied reliably via Rocket Punch (assuming you are spec'd into Bursting Flame) or Flame Sweep (assuming you are spec'd into Volatile Igniter). Flame Burst will just now have a 45% chance to trigger CGC in turn triggering Sweltering Heat (if you have fully spec'd into Bursting Flame and Sweltering Heat).

A 45% chance to slow my target for 30% lasting a duration of 2 seconds doesn't signal a comeback to me.

IR damage was already underwhelming and they nerfed it a bit. The pvp burst may have been improved very slightly although with the low crit chance I don't see it making too much of a difference. Most likely pure pyro will still underperform in pve.

from what im seeing it looks like what they did with pyro is:

give us 1 big buff - "Increased Assault Plastique explosion damage" that everyone had been screaming for since 2.0 (but we dont know how much they actually increased it by)

and followed that up with 2 little but significant nerfs:

- "slightly" reduced the damage dealt by incendiary round (because it did so much damage amiright)

- "Ionized Ignition has been redesigned: Stockstrike has a 33/66/100% chance and if Plasma Cell is active, Ion Pulse has a 15/30/45% chance to trigger it." this nerf is bigger than people realize. on a 9s cooldown, we will only be garunteed a proc of cgc every 9. that means our slow that was previously spammable with a bursty ability is now being diluted to 1 bursty ability every 9s, and we will now have to throw in more rapid shots than previously in order to keep our target slowed, further diluting damage.

plus they also kept our main dot halved and our armor pen terrible

so to answer my own question, unless i hear otherwise, im gonna assume we still suck

Yeah no, unless they put almost all of the DoT damage back into thermal detonator's up front blast I consider the changes mostly a nerf. But even then you'd have to spec into all the other horrible stuff at the top of the assault tree to get to it. Tactics looks like it might be interesting depending on all the damage values that got changed up and down. I will be testing that out this weekend hopefully.

I was trying to remember hard what ionized ignition was and looking at it now boy, there must be a rectally-injured operative (or marauder or shadow)-playing developer on the class balance staff. If this is their idea of restoring the spec they can go **** themselves. Edited by Aelaias

omg............all we had left was a crappy 30% snare for 2SECS on a spammable ability Flameburst and they took even that from me?! Isn`t it enough that my only gap closer is on a 45 sec CD and is restricted by targets Resolve? This just makes killing operative healers even more impossible how`s a 2 seconds snare on a 9 sec CD(guaranted) help me againts roll? goddammit againts Great op healers atleast I was putting some pressure on(I could never ever dream of solo killing anyway) but now I can`t even keep up with him:D Seriously BW must we all just reroll smashers to have a seat as "THE" Dmg dealer?? Edited by iDraxter

To hell with the snare (although that is bad enough on its own), these imbeciles are depriving the spec of a large chunk of its already underwhelming dps. First the halved plasma cell damage, now they cut it's chance to be triggered by half between stock strike and ion pulse. Just to reiterate, Assault/Pyro is getting a nice fat nerf once again. Someone was predicting this and they were completely correct. Edited by Aelaias

First, on the plus side, AP/Tactics got a very nice overall buff. How much this helps has yet to be determined... but hey at least we might finally have ONE viable full tree spec.

Second, yeah, sorry mercs looks like pyro still is going to suck for you too. The heat change to IM and the higher burst on TD might* make a minor difference for you, so it might be a little less doom and gloom, but I have to agree in PVP, that change to our slow is going to ruin the spec altogether... No reliable gap closer... period... whether it is a grapple affected by resolve or our now 50% chance to slow to 30%... that is just terrible.

I agree, I think someone on the dev team got really sad they were getting burst to death by pyro pre-2.0 that they want us to be complete ****.

*** guys. Some well known player post here saying whether PT is back or not NAO!!! I'm still in the salt mines (shift won't be over for another 3 1/2 hours!).

Not that I play pt, but I do need to know this.

Get on it damn it.

Edited by Seengularity

garuntee they werent pyro

They were because they were using plastique. There are a lot of people who want to test out the changes.

But I see no reason the class cannot be viable in small 4v4 team battles. The issue was in larger battles.

Edited by Gren-Aluren

They were because they were using plastique. There are a lot of people who want to test out the changes.

But I see no reason the class cannot be viable in small 4v4 team battles. The issue was in larger battles.

no more slow and reduced incendiary damage...basically no more gap closer and making a more useless talent more useless, plus still no more armor pen and our cgc dot is still halved

Edited by OldSpiceSwag