Are some stats "stuck" on the weapons?

Srengam

I have a conqueror sniper rifle which has about 800 tech power in it.

But I really like the look of an orange one on the GTN, but it has only 40 tech power in it.

I know I could pull the items from the conqueror one and put them in the orange one.

But will the tech power transfer over, or is it tied to the rifle?

Cheers.

Yea there shouldn't be any risk, I only put the caveat because recently a friend claimed he found one that had higher than normal base tech power and it added to the barrel he put in. Haven't confirmed that for myself so it could just be user error.

I have a conqueror sniper rifle which has about 800 tech power in it.

But I really like the look of an orange one on the GTN, but it has only 40 tech power in it.

I know I could pull the items from the conqueror one and put them in the orange one.

But will the tech power transfer over, or is it tied to the rifle?

Cheers.

The only thing you will lose when transferring mods from weapon to weapon are augment slots (if you have installed any) and credits from removing mods. All the stats are a straight transfer.

EDIT: You cannot transfer augment SLOTS, but you can transfer the augments themselves, just like normal mods.

Edited by Ryluk_Shouja

Yea there shouldn't be any risk, I only put the caveat because recently a friend claimed he found one that had higher than normal base tech power and it added to the barrel he put in. Haven't confirmed that for myself so it could just be user error.

I had a weapon bug myself. It seems rare and rather bizarre, Talos (my healing companion) had almost twice as much main stat + Enurance in his 50/58-mixed weapon than the mods installed would add up. I only noticed it when I wanted to buy him Campaign weapon and I saw that the tooltip showed the stats as significantly worse which of course made no sense since Campaign is 61-mods.

Edited by Pietrastor