New graphics card

juiiiiiiiiiiiice

Hi im building my own PC and recently bought a sapphire radeon hd 7970 6gb card to go with a cooler master elite 430 case, it looks like a huge card and was hoping it would fit. Like dang i just spent 1300 dollars on these parts it would suck if it wouldnt fit. Thanks!

Having already purchased the parts I would think you are in the best position to answer this. It's not as if any of us have those exact same parts lying around to test. It's the kind of thing you research BEFORE you buy. I'm not picking on you. I did the exact same thing once by buying a card that used a different buss than what my motherboard had. It happens.

Having already purchased the parts I would think you are in the best position to answer this. It's not as if any of us have those exact same parts lying around to test. It's the kind of thing you research BEFORE you buy. I'm not picking on you. I did the exact same thing once by buying a card that used a different buss than what my motherboard had. It happens.

No i know all that.... My motherboard has PCI express graphics card requires pci express etc.... But none of the cases i looked into looked big, they all looked the same honestly. So i was asking if really the radeon would fit in any case...

No i know all that.... My motherboard has PCI express graphics card requires pci express etc.... But none of the cases i looked into looked big, they all looked the same honestly. So i was asking if really the radeon would fit in any case...

Odds are it will fit. Even if you have to leave a couple of hard drive slots empty. Or, are they sideways like in my HAF? That would be even better. Since you are looking at a Cooler Master case, go to their website. See if they list either the longest card that will fit or give the clearance between the HD cages and the rear of the box. If not Cooler Master has forums and there may already be a post concerning your graphics card.