Faster loading of Planets

Ondrejkoo

Hello,

I am not sure if this is even possible but if I want to go other planets I am a lot of times discouraged by long loading of it (and no, I have a good computer). So are there any ways to reduce this time? Not that it is ubearable but if I compare this with other MMOs with open world.... well it is a big loss for SWTOR.

Example: I log in on fleet (ofc it is loading at beggining) - run to ship (loading) - set curse and leave ship (loading).

So first suggestion which I am not sure is possible: When you set curse on ship, is it possible to slowly load the planet even while in a ship without interuption of the game (loading screen)? I mean you can still write into chat or do other staff in ship while planet is loading somewhere at background - it can even be 10 times slower then normal loading via loading screen.

Scond of all, can general chat be available in your ship while on the orbit of the planet?

And the last thing, is it possible that you load your ship together with the planet? Meaning no loading time when entering a ship, rather a little longer while loading the planet?

Thanks.

I'm not too bothered about the load time of planets, even on my mediocre laptop it's not *too* bad. What *is* annoying is the sometimes unnecessary splash screen after the load, which can be as long, if not longer than the load itself (at least for me). I also don't see why the game needs to reload the entire area when a player switches planetary instances. I presume each instance is on a different VM or something and it does need to acquire certain information, but does it really need to reload the entire planet like that?

It's probably not possible to do any significant changes to the loading speed, it will be determined by the engine used, which is fairly out of date in a few ways compared to other engines on the market.

You could put swtor on an SSD, that either might do some minor improvements or drastically improve it, I don't know.

I recently moved SWTOR to an SSD on one of the computers I play on. No big improvement in planet laoding times. It seems if you have a good HD most the waiting are on server / processing.

I figured as much it would be slow code/slow server side stuff. It's a shame because EVE on an SSD makes insane differences.