In-Game Purchases

daedenilus

Houses, Cars, Student Loans, High End Electronics, Expensive Home Furniture, and trinkets from someones junk sale from their garage, yeah, lets do a confirm on this, but seriously, I'm pretty sure i don't need to confirm a purchase of 800cr in-game.

While on the subject of purchasing items in-game, I'd like to note, when going to the grocery store, most people don't buy their toilet paper by the square their cereal by the flake.

Can we skip the "Are you really sure you want to spend a whopping 800cr to buy a single *&^!@*" and get right down to the brass tax.

I want to buy 50 of item X, I don't want to discuss this, i don't want to form a committee, prepare a state for the Senate, submit a proposal, or otherwise engage in a 10hr debate regarding a single purchase of an item in-game that is 800cr.

Is it to much to ask that i can specify how much i want to buy and just purchase it, instead of right clicking then left clicking 50 times to buy something? I know you folks at bioware enjoy a three hour long time sink of having players go through a mundane process of buying something, but get with the program. It's absurd to have to buy something one-at-a-time and then confirm each purchase.

Think about the customer, then program it. If you're concerned about such things as creating tickets for unintentionally buying more than what a person wants, make the option toggle in the game settings, or offer it via Cartel Market. Something simple like, Enhanced Purchasing, 6000 cartel coins to allow a player to purchase multiple items for 10 minutes, if player doesn't adequately use their time, have the debuff from the Cartel Market delete all items on the players account, ban their account, then sue them for 50 million dollars. Something simple.

Um, you know you can choose to turn off the confirms, right?

So yes, you have to click each time for multiple purchases, but it's one click for each item (no confirm if you turn it off), then one click to claim your items (no confirm if you turn it off).

Is that really so crazy? You used a grocery store example... well when you go in, you have to pick up each item, then pay at the checkout. It's the same.

Um, you know you can choose to turn off the confirms, right?

So yes, you have to click each time for multiple purchases, but it's one click for each item (no confirm if you turn it off), then one click to claim your items (no confirm if you turn it off).

Is that really so crazy? You used a grocery store example... well when you go in, you have to pick up each item, then pay at the checkout. It's the same.

This.

Not only can you turn them off -- but depending on what you're buying, use shift+click -- you can buy stacks. Most items are up to 99, others just depend on how high the items themselves will stack.