Friday Fight Club - A <Hex> (Pot5) Tradition Comes to the PTS! All Are Welcome!

NadirPalo

Greetings, PVP'ers. We here at <Hex> try to hold a Friday Fight Club (casual duel night) every week on whatever server we're on. With the possibility of the PTS opening up tomorrow, along with the possibility of class balance changes being introduced to the PTS tomorrow, we thought it would be awesome to hold FFC on the PTS this week! Info on how to copy your toon to the PTS can be found below!

When: midnight-2am EST (9-11 Pacific)

Where: In front of the Golden Hutt statue on Nar Shaddaa. Instance 2 if we spawn one.

Who: Errybody!

Lost? I'll be on the PTS on my assassin, Naismiya. Send me a tell. If I have to change my name ( >:[ ), I'll update here.

***Server Info*** I'd love to host this on the PTS, so that we can a) test out any class balance changes they might test and b) meet & fight people from other servers. If for some reason BW does not open the PTS tomorrow (boo hiss, knock on wood), we'll still have fun at home on Pot5 and try to hold a PTS FFC whenever the PTS does come up.

Info on PTS Download here

PTS Character Copy here

***House Rules***

As some of you know, Friday Fight Club is an ancient, <Hex> guild tradition dating back to our days on The Ebon Hawk and as such, we have traditional rules that we ask everyone abide by UNLESS agreed upon otherwise by both dueling parties.

> Duels should start from range (30m please)

> Standard stims/buffs okay

> Adult beverages encouraged (BYOB)

> Grenades, adrenals, medpacks, any other various consumables that cost hard-earned creds not alllowed. Because <Hex> members, being almost exclusively PVP'ers, are also traditionally broke as f**k. :|

JUST TO REITERATE: You're free to use any rules you want as long as you and your partner agree beforehand, but these should be your default rules.

***Stream Info***

As with all late night fight clubs, you can watch the action on my stream. If anyone else will be streaming the event as well, let me know and I'll throw your channel up here in this section.

Never been to a fight club before & want to see what it's all about? Watch a previous episode here.

***Obligatory Cheesy Illustrated Advertisement***

Yesterday the PVP world was rocked by the shocking revelation that 8-man maps will no longer be a ranked format.

Some of us facepalmed.

Some of us jumped for joy.

We all had something to say, and rolled through the forums, leaving them pretty much looking like this.

I dunno about you all, but this morning I just felt tired. Forum reading, discussing with guildies, jaw and finger exercise is hard work, you know!

And sadly we all know that EA really doesn't care one way or the other as long as people still like cartel packs.

I think we could all use a break from this nonsense.

Luckily, we here at <Hex> hold a weekly FIGHT CLUB! that can usually distract us from whatever poor business decisions EA is making every week. And with the PTS opening, its a perfect chance for the entire PVP community to come together for a little unwinding...

Challenge your peers to duels, if you wish!

Or sit back, socialize, and watch the action.

Doesn't matter if you're a seasoned veteran...

...or you just want to get your feet wet, screw around, and have a little fun.

Either way, we'd hope you all experience some good fights, learn something, and maybe meet some people you can have solidarity with in the coming PVPocalypse.

Cheers, and hope to see you all tomorrow night.

Edited by NadirPalo

Hex has been hosting Fight Club LONG before they transferred over to Pot5. Their performance in ranked has NOTHING to do with running this event. At least back on Ebon Hawk we were grateful to have someone organize events...

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Clearly dueling and consuming adult beverages after rateds die down is carebearing at it's finest. I can't imagine why any true PvPer would ever want to duel. :rolleyes:

Tru PVPrz do GF operations after rated cuz backpacking GF PVE pugz is srs hard bsns & makes u better. No drank allowed, gotta go all crzydeeps on dem raid bossez. NO DISTRACTIONS.

#trupvp

Edited by NadirPalo

That's how everyone on an RP server plays. We stand facing each other in the warzone, /roll(ing) and screaming "Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!" after the match (naturally a draw since we can't handle defeat) we all go sing Kumbaya around the cantina and hug.

The More You Know™

Edited by jackrunip

That's how everyone on an RP server plays. We stand facing each other in the warzone, /roll(ing) and screaming "Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!" after the match (naturally a draw since we can't handle defeat) we all go sing Kumbaya around the cantina and hug.

The More You Know™

Lol, nice comeback. Time for the troll to go back to his cave.

The More You Know™

We once RP walked from the spawn to the first door in voidstar for lulz and planted immediately. Its my fondest SWTOR memory.

#trupvp

> Standard stims/buffs okay

> Adult beverages encouraged (BYOB)

> Grenades, adrenals, medpacks, any other various consumables that cost hard-earned creds not alllowed. Because <Hex> members, being almost exclusively PVP'ers, are also traditionally broke as f**k. :|

Stims are ok but not grenades because stims are free, yeah? ;)

Stims are ok but not grenades because stims are free, yeah? ;)

lol, i mean, if you have to pick one standard consumable that almost everyone has... it would be stims. /shrug. plus if you're coming from some warzones we don't want to make anyone click off their stim D: Tbh I think its an artifact form back when everyone who pvp'ed was biochem.

like I said though, anything goes as long as you and your partner agree! :)

Edited by NadirPalo

Welp, not as much class balancing to test as we'd like, but since the PTS is up and running, we'll still be holding FFC tonight at midnight eastern!

EXTRA BONUS COOKIE POINTS if you bring a powertech/vanguard and let us see how the new pyro/AP plays!

<3

Funny how you always see players who run assassins going on about duels like they own the game yet you never see them tackle a healer when it comes to real pvp. just sayin :rolleyes:

Huh?

I suck at duels, personally, and I am not the usual host of this event. I definitely don't think I "own the game" because I main an assassin. I attack healers in PVP when appropriate.

Friday fight club is just for funsies... I'm not even the normal host of this event. Calm yourself please? Deeeep breaths. ^___^

On that note... tired of being kicked from your ranked arena randomly? Need a break from phase-walk spamming assassins? Press pause and come chill with us for a bit! Starting in 1.5 hours!