Alpha Company Events: RP/PvP/PvE

LanceCorporalDan

Greetings my fellow Jung Martians (stolen from luniara lol). I have created this thread in hopes of getting the good name of Alpha Company out into the community more. In past days our events were mainly self contained to those in our guild and some instances where we involved other guilds as well. Some of you may have seen us on our patrols of various planets, but there wasn't much more opportunity to interact with us besides WPvP or in a cantina.

Now with that said, Alpha Company plans on opening more of it's events to the public and posting our events here on the forums for those interested to come participate in. I will list our upcoming events here with a small description in the hopes of reaching out into the various communities our server is home to.

If any questions about the events, or anything at all come to mind please post them here or send me a PM and we will be sure to respond as efficiently as we can.

================================================================

================================================================

Next Event: Operation Wampa

Time: 09/01/13 2000hrs EST (8PM Eastern Standard Time)

Description: Alpha Company will be holding an RP/PvP patrol which involves retrieving the red matrix shard datacron. We will be meeting on the Gav Daragon at 8:00 PM Est. for our mission briefing and deploying the surface of Hoth and assembling outside the space port by 8:15 PM Est. All are welcome to participate so long as they respect our rules of no ganking lowbies and trying to RP with any Imps we come across before we go weapons free.

RP Background: Alpha Company will be deploying to the surface of Hoth to retrieve a Jedi and the dataccron they were guarding. The Jedi and the datacron were part of a convoy that was en-route to the main Republic fleet, which was intercepted by the Empire and shot down over Hoth. (These events are among the first being so open to the public so please bear with us as we try to open our arms and let everyone else in on the fun, any suggestions or feedback are welcome)

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

• 2 weeks later...

Good Alpha turnout for the event, although only a couple of Imps from regular RP guilds appeared (Esoteric Order, Penumbral).

2 World Bosses down

4 Datacrons acquired

Complete eradication of the southern Imperial base.

'Pacification' of several unfortunate Imperial agents . ;)

I'd like to *salute* Neves for creating this event. Will have some pictures up soon.

• 2 weeks later...
I am new to the forum, but I've been playing SWTOR for a couple years now and have always enjoyed my encounters with Alpha Company (even as an Imp!). When can we expect the next event to take place? How often do you typically host them?

It's always great getting good feedback!! And we're happy to have you along (even as an Imp lol).

As far as what's planned further in the future: Be ready for a WPvP/RP event to take place sometime down the road, we are trying to work with multiple guilds on both sides and to weave it between other large server events so as not to become repetitive.

For our next event: I will be trying to get something going next weekend possibly that Sunday (09/22/13) and give some more advanced notice to the server by posting here a little ahead of time.

For continuing events: We will be trying to hold at least one event every week, normally on the weekends and start working into holding two a week with one in the middle of the week to cater to the varying schedules of our members.

On another note... what about you? Or the community in general? Is there something that the good players of Jung Ma would like to see from Alpha Company as far as an event goes? Be it PvP, RP, or even PvE? Although we try and take feedback from our members as a priority when organizing and planning these events, we also are trying to involve the Jung Ma community more strongly as well. Break out of our social bubble so to speak. Ideas?

- Neves

On another note... what about you? Or the community in general? Is there something that the good players of Jung Ma would like to see from Alpha Company as far as an event goes? Be it PvP, RP, or even PvE? Although we try and take feedback from our members as a priority when organizing and planning these events, we also are trying to involve the Jung Ma community more strongly as well. Break out of our social bubble so to speak. Ideas?

- Neves

I honestly am incredibly new to RP, so I don't have any ideas because I don't know what to expect as far as events go. I do love that they are all open events. It makes it more enjoyable. My husband may have some ideas, though. I will definitely check with him and repost or have him post here. :)

It's always great getting good feedback!! And we're happy to have you along (even as an Imp lol).

- Neves

I normally lurk about, but I just thought I'd chime in here upon reading this.

Speaking from the perspective of an imperial RPer, you guys need a little bit of work if you are actually trying to promote any sort of cross faction RP. My experience with your lovely event was being surrounded by a bunch of you guys upon logging into the game. Now, I did respond to your RP (and even ignored a bit of Godmodding on your end in the interest of promoting RP. ) But unfortunately, this resulted in my untimely death by mortar barrage, as apparently you guys didn't prefer the direction. Now, I can understand attempting to be realistic, but there is a fine line between that and promoting RP. No imp who actually RPs with you is going to think very highly of them being attacked with 10 to 1 odds in mid dialogue.

Now, I am not annoyed, I certainly got a little payback. :p But I don't see any reason to attempt to RP or encourage anyone else to try with you folks in the future. Might just want to attack people right off the bat if you are going for the "realistic" approach.

Speaking from the perspective of an imperial RPer, you guys need a little bit of work if you are actually trying to promote any sort of cross faction RP. My experience with your lovely event was being surrounded by a bunch of you guys upon logging into the game. Now, I did respond to your RP (and even ignored a bit of Godmodding on your end in the interest of promoting RP. ) But unfortunately, this resulted in my untimely death by mortar barrage, as apparently you guys didn't prefer the direction. Now, I can understand attempting to be realistic, but there is a fine line between that and promoting RP. No imp who actually RPs with you is going to think very highly of them being attacked with 10 to 1 odds in mid dialogue.

Now, I am not annoyed, I certainly got a little payback. :p But I don't see any reason to attempt to RP or encourage anyone else to try with you folks in the future. Might just want to attack people right off the bat if you are going for the "realistic" approach.

Promoting Cross Faction RP is a daunting task. Especially when you have trigger happy people on both sides or if some of the members are fairly new to RP.

If there is real interest in cross faction RP, both sides need to agree to halt the hostilities beforehand, until such time that the escalation of interest in violence is mutual.

With that said, as a real world example there are several scenarios that you can use to promote cross faction RP.

For instance, there could be two warring factions but a much larger threat looms over them. Such as the current Dread Master storyline in the game at the moment. The Dread Masters want total domination over the entire galaxy and threaten both the Republic and the Empire. For the sake of preserving each factions way of life, there has to be a small cease-fire to deal with a larger threat. For an RP scenario, we could say that the Dread Masters have some sort of mental control of the Mighty Dread Tooth or The Primal Destroyer on Belsavis, both factions could perhaps take down the world boss, in the spirit of cooperation, loot rules and who gets what could be predetermined ahead of time but it might be fun to do a cross faction world boss fight.

Another plausible scenario could be that a fringe element of either faction has taken some small outpost or hijacked a high ranking official and is holed up somewhere and has sensitive information that could be detrimental to both sides. Each side would have to work together to infiltrate or assault the compound and retrieve information / person / thing from them and bring the fringe element to justice.

Cross faction RP does require a little 'outside the box' thinking but as long as both parties are interested in such, it can be fun and doesn't have to devolve into bickering and infighting. Also, strict policing of your members goes a long way to ensuring that everyone in attendance has a good time.

Well first off... I'd like apologize on my part. After some thought afterwards I thought of another solution that would've worked better. But hey, time and place. As far as RP in character reasons, you were holding up an operation and we couldn't very well let you go. You'd alert Imperial forces for sure. Truth be told, whether it's just one of you or twenty it would've been a fight if there was no cooperation. You call it god modding I call it being assertive, cooperate or get out of the way is how my character operates. He's gotten in trouble for it before ( you can read my bio ).

We've had plenty of dealings with imps without fighting erupting. But speaking of being realistic, realistically a platoon of troopers wouldn't allow an operation to be halted by a lone imperial while they still had a breath in their bodies. At least not unless we were getting something out of it. And clearly we weren't.

I'll take your comments into consideration. And I apologize again. But at the moment, this was the line of thought. :)

Thank you for the clarification.

In regards to the Godmodding, I was referring to how you folks instantly knew that my character was an imperial, (despite him not wearing any sort of official uniform or even being ethnically imperial). It was a relatively minor thing, which is why I ignored it. But that's devolving into 'he said, she said', which wasn't what I was trying to do. As I said before, I wasn't really bitter about it, I just wished to offer some constructive feedback here. :)

As Clone mentioned, a really important thing is a sort of mutual agreement on violence. Really simple things such as a small OOC message saying that IC the only option is to attack, or a single one of you attacking at the beginning (which could escalate to more people of the fight went on) giving the person a chance to run. There is a good chunk of RPers who would be very unhappy with being CCed and insta killed by a large group without any sort of warning.

There is a fine line between realism and RP. Since I happen to not face perma death, or even being disabled when one of my characters is defeated unless I choose it, you are going to have to be willing to suspend realism in some cases.. or at least consider the above points.

Anyway it's not a big deal, this is just a perspective to keep in mind for the future.

Edited by HMD_Maximus

Thank you for the clarification.

In regards to the Godmodding, I was referring to how you folks instantly knew that my character was an imperial, (despite him not wearing any sort of official uniform or even being ethnically imperial). It was a relatively minor thing, which is why I ignored it. But that's devolving into 'he said, she said', which wasn't what I was trying to do. As I said before, I wasn't really bitter about it, I just wished to offer some constructive feedback here. :)

As Clone mentioned, a really important thing is a sort of mutual agreement on violence. Really simple things such as a small OOC message saying that IC the only option is to attack, or a single one of you attacking at the beginning (which could escalate to more people of the fight went on) giving the person a chance to run. There is a good chunk of RPers who would be very unhappy with being CCed and insta killed by a large group without any sort of warning.

There is a fine line between realism and RP. Since I happen to not face perma death, or even being disabled when one of my characters is defeated unless I choose it, you are going to have to be willing to suspend realism in some cases.. or at least consider the above points.

Anyway it's not a big deal, this is just a perspective to keep in mind for the future.

Alright well I see what you're saying. I'll take it into account. This was my first event that I organized from scratch and put on, on my own. So I expected some critiques lol. I'll try and remedy this and do better in the future.

Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...