Are you ready for some huttball?

shyroman

In the news post by bioware, at the end it showed a huttball in a different map. I hope that means we're getting another huttball map, because that would be so awesome.

I hope so because the current huttball map was designed long ago before certain class abilities existed. It's not really balanced well.

I hope so because the current huttball map was designed long ago before certain class abilities existed. It's not really balanced well.

Give an operative the ball while hes up on the platform = a point for his team.

Juggs with the ball do not have to even make an effort to traverse the obsticles with their force jumps/ interced.

If they were smarter, there would be 3 new huttball maps and an actual huttball league.

its basically the best thing in pvp in this game and they have neglected it terribly.

It's very much a love it or hate it map. Some people think that it's all that it needs, others think exactly the opposite. Me, I think that it's like most maps: greatly favouring certain classes over others, so I hope that it's not going to skew the WZ maps towards HB.

Juggs with the ball do not have to even make an effort to traverse the obsticles with their force jumps/ interced.

People cry about Scamper being overpowered in huttball but ignore the other classes that are pretty much required to win Huttball, like Guardian; Sages can also be a huge asset. I remember when they first made Force Push reset the cooldown on Force Leap and how much it impacted Huttball by being able to push enemies off the top ledge into the goal and jump to them. People used to cry about Guardian's being OP in huttball, but now nobody gives a damn really. People blame abilities for being OP when in reality it's poor map design.

Why should the ball be given to the fastest team to reach it anyway? Could you imagine if real Soccer or Football was like that? It's stupid.

Edited by Gren-Aluren

People cry about Scamper being overpowered in huttball but ignore the other classes that are pretty much required to win Huttball, like Guardian; Sages can also be a huge asset. I remember when they first made Force Push reset the cooldown on Force Leap and how much it impacted Huttball by being able to push enemies off the top ledge into the goal and jump to them. People used to cry about Guardian's being OP in huttball, but now nobody gives a damn really. People blame abilities for being OP when in reality it's poor map design.

Why should the ball be given to the fastest team to reach it anyway? Could you imagine if real Soccer or Football was like that? It's stupid.

Sorc ally pull is amazing. No one minds the little ol sage until hes pulling people into the endzone :p

But yea. If they gave the ball to a team randomly at the start, thatd be cool

Sorc ally pull is amazing. No one minds the little ol sage until hes pulling people into the endzone :p

But yea. If they gave the ball to a team randomly at the start, thatd be cool

Having a Sage, I totally know the feeling. Which is why when I enter a match and see a Sorc/Sage run up the ramp towards our EZ, I'm marking him and chasing him.

If they were smarter, there would be 3 new huttball maps and an actual huttball league.

its basically the best thing in pvp in this game and they have neglected it terribly.

Agree 100%, this game should of never tried to trick people with open world pvp, and instead of just focused on nothing but Huttball Matches, that should of been their pvp...

Huttball is the one thing this game has over other MMO's pvp wise

Huttball league, 8v8, premade teams. 3 maps, best of 3. 1 match per map.

Hold a separate huttball event ("Season", Hell.. setup a separate server for it like WoW's arena pass) for this every 2 months and the winning team gets some awesome pvp cosmetics.

Holy effing smokes that sounds awesome.

Edited by Evolixe

It's very much a love it or hate it map.

Exactly. I love this WZ when my team is playing HB. I hate this WZ when my team is playing TDM.

It was especially a great map when my PUG team was synching up so well that we won even though the other team was using speed hacks*. Totally awesome. :D

(* - Pretty sure they were anyway. I don't know any ability that lets you sprint 3/4 of the way across the whole map, including up over the ramps, and into the endzone, all in about 1.5 seconds. You can't even do that with the dreaded "roll", right?)

since the change to most stuns/ccs to be in melee range, give the ball to a trooper/bh and you better hope you have someone right on his behind, or he'll waltz into the endzone, since he cannot be slowed/stopped with the ball..