pre-orders and codes, i'm totally lost :(:(:(

Firolius

Hi people

I'm getting totally lost now and can use some info fom forum moguls :)

1. i pre-ordered the "digital deluxe pre-order" edition on Sept 26th

2. "pre-order" link of my account on swtor site says "you redeemed your pre-order code and now are registered for" :

- Early game access

Color stone (virtual item)

--> that digital deluxe edition was also supposed to come with different items, is it normal they are not listed there ?

Second question: still in my account, "my account list" has a checklist..and it says i still need to redeem a product registration code ??? i'm lost there, what code woud that be? (i dont have the pre-order code anymore since i just saw it on origin when i ordered)

thanks in advance and sorry for my average english :)

The product registration code is a "CD Key" in older parlance - it's the s/n of your copy of the game and is required to keep playing the game after early access.

It's also what will identify your account as a CE account and that's when you'll get the other stuff.

Cheerio!

Your registration code will be sent presumably on the 16th, that's the actual game code, that's the one that will give you your DDE items, the code you've entered was only for the pre-order and doesn't tie into what type of game you ordered.

I am having exactly the same concern with the checklist...as with you..in the "my account' area it shows the box for redeeming product registration code as unchecked, but then in the pre-order section of the website it shows me as having pre-ordered on 11-22. When I try to go ahead and register the product in the checklist it says that the code has already been used. My concerns are that A: Won't get early access and B: Will have trouble getting in even after release....

Am I understanding correctly that ANOTHER code will be sent with the e-mail granting early access? Thanks to anyone that can lend a machete to my proverbial thicket.

Those of us who pre-ordered, which is everyone who can currently post on the forums, will have two codes. One is the pre-order code that gives us the color crystal and the early access. The other code is the actual game code that tells the system what version we bought and gives us the appropriate items plus game access (along with our subscription, of course).

So the other code you don't need to worry about until you receive your game from wherever you purchased it, if digital from Origin you should get your code emailed to you from what I understand.

Those of us who pre-ordered, which is everyone who can currently post on the forums, will have two codes. One is the pre-order code that gives us the color crystal and the early access. The other code is the actual game code that tells the system what version we bought and gives us the appropriate items plus game access (along with our subscription, of course).

So the other code you don't need to worry about until you receive your game from wherever you purchased it, if digital from Origin you should get your code emailed to you from what I understand.

Thanks that was the most clear explination of this issue. I will just chill till I get the email. I have never pre-orderd a game like this before. So I am a bit of noob to this process. Thanks again fort being clear.

ok therein lies the problem then. I never received ANY code from Origin. I hope they are aware they are creating concern amongst alot of folks by the way they provided squat for information. In the receipt you receive, there is a link to the exact same "code redemption" area in the website that you go to naturally. IMHO they made this WAY more confusing then it needed to be....

Thanks for the help guys...just hoping I get some e-mails from various parties that clears all this up here shortly:o

soooooo

1. i received a mail today, saying "hey your saga begins"...linking to a page just stating all the steps needed to get early access, but NO CODE

2. i went to my account on the site, and situation is the same as before

But... i launched the game client "just to see" and guess what, i can play! but still, i did not enter any game code in my account...*** ?

soooooo

1. i received a mail today, saying "hey your saga begins"...linking to a page just stating all the steps needed to get early access, but NO CODE

2. i went to my account on the site, and situation is the same as before

But... i launched the game client "just to see" and guess what, i can play! but still, i did not enter any game code in my account...*** ?

You had to have entered a pre-order code or you wouldn't even be able to post on the forums. And the email telling you that you have your early access won't have any codes because all they are for is to let you know.

Go to your account and look at the code redemption, nothing else, just the the code redemption link and you should something like this (the first date is an internal thing and can be ignored):

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have been redeemed under this account.

11.02.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Early Game Access: Ready to patch

10.21.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition Pre-Order