Queue Ranked Tonight!

PacifismActivist

We have the ranked queue about an hour last night but it seems like we were the only ones queueing.

We will be queueing up tonight again around 7 pm server time.

Special shoutout to that guild called "Ghost Infantry," you guys are the biggest and most active PvP guild on Harbinger and yet you never queue ranked. COME ON GUYS!

We have the ranked queue about an hour last night but it seems like we were the only ones queueing.

We will be queueing up tonight again around 7 pm server time.

Special shoutout to that guild called "Ghost Infantry," you guys are the biggest and most active PvP guild on Harbinger and yet you never queue ranked. COME ON GUYS!

P....V......E.........remember reg stars? come on brah

One thing you can do if you are not getting a ranked pop that has seemed to work quite well in the past is simply whispering some people in various PVP guilds and ask them if they would like to form a ranked team. You would be surprised how often this works. We did this two times last week and it worked both times, although we seemed to regret it afterwards :p. A lot of the people in the PVP guilds were on lowbie alts so it wasn't hard to get them to form something.

To be honest I am not sure why some pvp guilds hold off on queing for ranked if they don't have their A-team on. Seems to me like there would be more pops if more guilds were willing to que with sub-par comps. With 2.4 on the way, there will be no more 8-man ranked. If your rating is your concern it will be reset anyways once season one starts. So what is there to lose except some fun matches and ranked comms? Better to have some fun doing 8-mans while they are still around. Just saying...

people have ego's, in a pvp team there is normaly an excess of ego,

people with ego's dont like to lose, thus queing with a sub par team means queing with sub par players most of the time, thus if you come up to a team with a good team then its normally a loss.

more loss's = more guild instablity.

more guild instability = less people having fun

less people having fun = less people online

less people online = eventually guild drama or death

Edited by Jumpchan

Indeed. Anybody on the Haze Blazers ranked team will tell you that I've almost never been able to run any of my 'dream comps' for 8v8 ranked(almost always taking a decption sin in exchange for a smash mara and rolling with no sniperslol). I have to say we have been rather successful.

WIth 8v8 ranked being gone in October, everyone should just try to queue up every night, sub-optimal comps and all, should be fun.

Edited by kazh

Indeed. Anybody on the Haze Blazers ranked team will tell you that I've almost never been able to run any of my 'dream comps' for 8v8 ranked(almost always taking a decption sin in exchange for a smash mara and rolling with no sniperslol). I have to say we have been rather successful.

WIth 8v8 ranked being gone in October, everyone should just try to queue up every night, sub-optimal comps and all, should be fun.

I will have my 8 man lethality team before 8v8 is gone..that's so sad though :/ I hope they bring it back down the road.

To be honest I am not sure why some pvp guilds hold off on queing for ranked if they don't have their A-team on. Seems to me like there would be more pops if more guilds were willing to que with sub-par comps. With 2.4 on the way, there will be no more 8-man ranked. If your rating is your concern it will be reset anyways once season one starts. So what is there to lose except some fun matches and ranked comms? Better to have some fun doing 8-mans while they are still around. Just saying...

Last nite or any nite wasnt about perfect comps not being on. We had no comp at all.

Also i told who psst me we just never have any chance to form until after 8. Last nite at 8:15 we had a team. Blazers seemed to have logged.

My point is 7pst is just too early. Lately we have had numerous games from 9-11pm pst. That seems to be the best times..

We have played numerous times without good comps. We just need a comp period which has been tougher

Some guildies are no longer interested in ranked anymore. So even tho we show 9-10 on doesnt mean all are gonna do ranked.

Just wanted to get this info out that i have seen.

With 2.4 dropping on the PTS tomorrow, there's no point in queing for ranked anymore. If I want to do ranked I will log over to the PTS and que for arenas until they go live. Hit me up if you want to set something up on the PTS.

R.I.P. 8-man ranked

With 2.4 dropping on the PTS tomorrow, there's no point in queing for ranked anymore. If I want to do ranked I will log over to the PTS and que for arenas until they go live. Hit me up if you want to set something up on the PTS.

R.I.P. 8-man ranked

This is truth.... i will dl pts also as long as i have room on ssd.

Some outside factors may kill ranked as well.

Summer ending. So school for some

Ff14 beta then full release at end of month.

Plus some new fall games coming too.

I hope ranked isnt dead but it may not happen much without 2 guilds at the same time agreeing to queue.

Just making a team and sitting and hoping for a pop will most likely not work anymore.

You can /cjoin harbingerranked in game (we have it set up on Republic side, not sure if anyone uses it Empire) and use it to find other teams or extras to top up your own team. We originally set it up to organise the upcoming player-driven (and now cancelled) Harbinger Ranked PvP League. It's a good way to find 16 men and create balanced ranked games. Nom nom nom comms.

meh, it's just funny to me that we're the only guild that sits in the queue anymore. all the others get confirmation from other teams......... I miss just queueing ranked and getting pops, even if it was against vege or tauntauns.

We are just used to needing organisation I guess, coming from APAC servers. There was never really an option to just sit in the queue and see what happens. If you did you'd be there for 3 days waiting.

R.I.P. 8-man ranked

This unfortunately is the fact of the matter.

Edited by Yndras

R.I.P. 8-man ranked

YES!! I need 4v4s! hit me up if you need my op heals or arsenal merc.(mercs will own in arenas) Or it's quite possible we'll be 4v4'ing each other haha

-VomitHype

Edited by kazh

meh, it's just funny to me that we're the only guild that sits in the queue anymore. all the others get confirmation from other teams......... I miss just queueing ranked and getting pops, even if it was against vege or tauntauns.

These are some of issues with 8 man and why they elected to remove it i bet.

You have to stop whatever your doing get 8 competitive people together and somewhat of a logical comp. Yes teams vary on what is acceptable or not but the issue still remains.

Going forward if any ranked is going to happen it will need to be communicated in game most likely.

Looking ahead i would like to setup some 4v4s in outlaws den to practice for arenas. Get some good fighting in then. Prob wouldnt take much. Just have to get people to not queue for warzones for a bit.

Discuss this further in its own thread if i see it can gain traction

Looking ahead i would like to setup some 4v4s in outlaws den to practice for arenas. Get some good fighting in then. Prob wouldnt take much. Just have to get people to not queue for warzones for a bit.

Outlaws Den or Ilum around 9 PST sound good? Looking for some friendly 4v4s before PTS opens.