No more 8v8 ranked warzones in 2.4

Ayelinna

Rest in Peace, PvP

We are sad to see it go but the truth is that because of many factors not enough people played them and we didn’t support them well enough, so they are going away for now. Getting eight friends together and hoping another eight people are doing the same at the exact same time AND your two teams were equally matched was a nightmare for the players.

The truth is you can't be bothered to support them.

There's no reason to remove it just because "not enough people" played them. People have spent months and months practising for 8v8 ranked warzones, people have good teams. Just because some people didn't like to wait in queue's, you're completely removing it?

Its just a big SLAP IN THE FACE for all those people :) in my opinion of course

I thought 2.4 was meant to be a PVP update. Yet you have gone backwards.

Edited by Ayelinna

I also thought 2.4 was going to be a improvement.. :eek:

To me it looks like an improvement. They've done a shoddy work supporting 8v8s, perhaps supporting 4v4s will be easier. There will be a much larger competitive ladder due to the smaller teams, so maybe this will work until they get cross-servers in for 8v8 ranked.

I also thought 2.4 was going to be a improvement.. :eek:

2.4 is a very big improvement. They are giving ranked people more than 2 NEW warzones, just for ranked. They are arenas and they will fight to the death. That's what pvp people want :)

I think it's a good thing removing 8v8 ranked for now. Just doesn't seem like many people talked about them or even did them. The arenas is a step in the right direction for pvp and I'm sure they will just keep adding more and more as time goes on. You can't pick out one thing you don't like out of all the rest of the information that's good and focus on that one thing being bad for you and be negative. If you do that, you are never going to find anything good. Even if it's apparent.

2.4 looks to be another good, large update that makes the game get even better. :) Can't wait to test it!

Rest in Peace, PvP

The truth is you can't be bothered to support them.

There's no reason to remove it just because "not enough people" played them. People have spent months and months practising for 8v8 ranked warzones, people have good teams. Just because some people didn't like to wait in queue's, you're completely removing it?

Its just a big SLAP IN THE FACE for all those people :) in my opinion of course

I thought 2.4 was meant to be a PVP update. Yet you have gone backwards.

I bet 100000 credits you don't even play war zones regularly.

Edit: good use of slap in the face though, always amusing to read. Why don't you say they never show you love too :p

Edited by Greenify

I bet 100000 credits you don't even play war zones regularly.

Edit: good use of slap in the face though, always amusing to read. Why don't you say they never show you love too :p

Of course not, why do you think she says "those people", because obviously she is the spokesperson for the pvp crowd.

They are removing 8v8, but that is to make ranked more accessible to the average Joe. All that does is allow you to split your team into two and have double the current ranked queue pops, as well as increase that amount by allowing solo ranked queuing. By no means is it the worst thing to happen to PvP. This will only increase the amount of ranked games you can play daily.

Ayellina, you seem to be overly negative about a game you pay $15 a month for. As a teenager, that's about one/two lawn mowings for me. So for half a month of work, I'm not going to waste it on something I hate so I can whine about it in its forums, a move that is very immature. If you were giving constructive criticism, that would be acceptable, but you seem to just whine and not enjoy it. This game has an unsubscribe button, so if you feel that you aren't your money's worth, I recommend using it. It is people like you that make the general public think that all teenagers are whiney, self-entitled brats. And for everyone else who are inevitably going to whine about her whining, don't. She is looking for attention and attention you will give her, feeding her spam whining. I'll post this advice not respond again, maybe put her on ignore. I suggest you do the same.

P.S. I am not harassing you, nor am I hijacking the thread, as I posted my input on the topic, the posted my advice in a separate paragraph. Have a nice day!:cool:

They are removing 8v8, but that is to make ranked more accessible to the average Joe. All that does is allow you to split your team into two and have double the current ranked queue pops, as well as increase that amount by allowing solo ranked queuing. By no means is it the worst thing to happen to PvP. This will only increase the amount of ranked games you can play daily.

Ayellina, you seem to be overly negative about a game you pay $15 a month for. As a teenager, that's about one/two lawn mowings for me. So for half a month of work, I'm not going to waste it on something I hate so I can whine about it in its forums, a move that is very immature. If you were giving constructive criticism, that would be acceptable, but you seem to just whine and not enjoy it. This game has an unsubscribe button, so if you feel that you aren't your money's worth, I recommend using it. It is people like you that make the general public think that all teenagers are whiney, self-entitled brats. And for everyone else who are inevitably going to whine about her whining, don't. She is looking for attention and attention you will give her, feeding her spam whining. I'll post this advice not respond again, maybe put her on ignore. I suggest you do the same.

P.S. I am not harassing you, nor am I hijacking the thread, as I posted my input on the topic, the posted my advice in a separate paragraph. Have a nice day!:cool:

Well said :)

• 1 month later...
IMHO, if we want to have any hope at truly competitive ranked PvP, it's going to have to be on a smaller scale. I have never had the chance to participate in ranked 8v8 for the simple reason that you cannot solo queue. My guild, while active in PvP, is a little mix of casual/serious PvP and PvE players so we do not have 8 ranked PvP-ready players on at any given time. Pugging ranked warzones in fleet general chat is not something that appeals to me either. They did say they were taking away 8v8 "for now", maybe they have plans to make it more accessible to the average player instead of only the super-elitist guilds. Also, 8v8 has a fundamental flaw in it, whether it is ranked or regular. The objective defense is not fun for anybody, standing at a node watching for incoming enemies and hoping the team comes to offer some help before you die horribly and lose the objective. Half the time, no one even goes to capture the objective knowing they will be stuck on defense. I am not a fan of deathmatches, as I prefer strategic play, but at least if everyone knows it's a deathmatch that's what we'll focus on. I say let's wait and see what happens. I would love to see 8v8 come back with options to make it more accessible and less of a chore to be the defender. Or, some kind of objective based 4v4 ranked PvP, like a warzone but with new mechanics instead of turret defense and bomb planting, so everyone is rewarded for working on the objectives.

Owned by a teenager. Well said Supa

Plenty of products/services are discontinued due to the simple fact that not enough people bought, used or liked them.

I think I found the perfect forum community for you as well... http://www.aztekfanclub.com/