New player looking for good solo build - Help appreciated...

Raam

Hey folks,

I was wondering if any of you could provide me with suggestions/links to any good solo/hybrid build for an assassin?

I mostly solo.. so it it wont do me good if I get a pure dps build and then potentially can't solo but rely on a dedicated tank.. so hybrid like builds or builds where I can solo well would be awesome.

PvE is primary, PvP secondary

DPS is primary, Tank is secondary...

Let's the good advices roll in - thanks everyone. =)

Hey folks,

I was wondering if any of you could provide me with suggestions/links to any good solo/hybrid build for an assassin?

I mostly solo.. so it it wont do me good if I get a pure dps build and then potentially can't solo but rely on a dedicated tank.. so hybrid like builds or builds where I can solo well would be awesome.

PvE is primary, PvP secondary

DPS is primary, Tank is secondary...

Let's the good advices roll in - thanks everyone. =)

This game has companions, so you can solo with what ever build you want, pure dps or tank. We have companions that pick up the slack for us. For a pure dps build you can bring a tank or healer, for a pure tank build you can bring a dps or healer. There is really no point in leveling with a tank hybrid unless you want to use a dps companion.

To answer your questions, probably the best solo build with great defense and burst is 12-31-3, however your sustained and aoe dmg will be low, not ideal for leveling. I would do as another poster said and just go all the way up Deception to level.

I prefer a madness/balance build for leveling OP. balance has the most long range damage skills we have in the AC, and the best AoE skill we have. It is more DoT based, but my killtime isn't any less in madness then it is in deception. plus madness has a bit higher mitigations and self heals when specced into it.

both work fine though. deception is more single target, and madness is a mix of AoE and medium-long sustained damage (doesn't impact its short term killing speed tho).

Tanking is an option. its simply a slower overall killing speed when playing solo. getting and buffing a DPS companion helps out a great deal, but you don't get those comps until later in the story (late 20's for your first). but tanking is OK to level with, but it's not necessary.

TLDR : pick what you enjoy. there isn't any spec that you can't finish the game with and have fun on. I prefer madness, but to each his own.